Universal Spiral Episode 1 - (by Pixel Hero Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 19, 2013.

1. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Don't care! I will abuse my moderator powers AND HAVE NONE OF THIS NONSENSE!

(Kidding, kidding! :p)

No, but really...putting aside possibly wonky downloads, having the rest of the episodes as IAPs basically means a chance of future Spiral episodes not being featured in the future, as well...as...well, Gasketball. 'nuff said.

2. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    If with featured you mean on the AppStore, new updates also get featured there. MC4 meltdown's for example was featured this week.

3. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Oh, I know...that's why I used "a chance". :p

I'm all for the lack of having 3 separate apps for one game and everything, but as far as I know, IAPs can't be compressed. Hypothetically, if each episode of Spiral were around 400 MBs, instead of having to download, say 400 MBs 3 times, you'd be looking at having to download the initial 400 + 1.6 GBs worth of IAP. I'm just not a fan of that.

I do respect everyone's opinions, but to me at least, the cons of having future episodes be IAP instead of separate downloads far outweigh the pros.

4. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Yeah I totally forgot about your experience with TWD :D. But your points are valid and that's only two more apps anyway. Whatever option they choose I'll be the first in line to buy it anyway!

5. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Well, that IAP model is just one model. The dev can alsoput the upcoming episodes within the .ipa package and problem solved. Think of Saturday Morning RPG.
    My only problem with this episodes thing is using my current character for the upcoming episodes. If those episodes are separate apps, then I can't use the character I have now. Also, if they are separate apps, probably we would have some improvements in the next episode that we wouldn't have in the previous one.

6. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I'm with you on that! :) I'd gladly throw money blindly at Pixel Hero Games and I seriously hope, with all my heart, the trilogy is completed. It would be a crime to mankind to not see this through.

Oh wow...sorry, my brain's not with me right now. :p Didn't even cross my mind. You're right...I'd be fine with that. >_____________________>

7. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Nuh-uh. Wait your turn bud.

8. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Are you able to get rid of the text on the screen? I don't need to hear it and see it too!

9. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    @Devs
    If i delete my (almost) to the max upgraded hero Tempus, will it be a disadvantage for me when i buy Episode 2 ?
    I suppose, the character will start again with zero skills, right ?

My first playthrough took about seven hours in all, and i say it again,
    what a cool experience this was. Worth every one of the five bucks !
    But to replay is boring, since i'm too strong now for the enemies.

I'm not missing a difficulty option, do i ?

10. Ausar

Ausar Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    BCN
    you know you can delete the game without problem since there is icloud support right?

11. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Well you're gonna win because of your timezone. Filthy cheater :D

12. Qwertz555

May 22, 2010
    Ahm, no i don't, thank you. But this means i have to enable icloud before
    i delete the game ? Never enabled icloud before.

13. krisko6

krisko6 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    College Student, Intern at an engineering company.
    Bakersfield, CA
    I just finished the game this morning. A few thoughts:

1. While the city is really cool to explore, there
    really isn't a lot to do in it. There's a lot of people to talk to and experience to find, but other than that it's just a walk from point A to point B. This is my biggest complaint with the game.

2. The game glitched out on me just before the final boss. When the Entropies are supposed to attack you, they just stand there doing nothing, allowing me to enter the carriage and advance to the end.

3. Tempus cannot fall from a very big height in gameplay, yet he takes an even bigger fall near the end of the game and seems to live? Hmmm.

4. Chapter 6 was amazing! Some of the most varied and thrilling iOS gaming so far this year.

5. I CAN'T WAIT FOR EPISODE 2! I want this game to be a success for your team after you spent so long working on it.

14. Ausar

Ausar Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    BCN
    If you have never use iCloud then yes, you need to enable it in the settings of the iPhone first using your apple ID and make sure you have document and data enable inside iCloud or it won't save

15. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    A late thank you

16. Qwertz555

May 22, 2010
    Thank you Ausar.

17. Ausar

Ausar Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    BCN
    no problem at all, just make sure as well to check inside the settings of icloud the files you have save it should be spiral there just to be sure that infact the save was uploaded to icloud i cant give you the exact way to get there since i have my iphone in spanish

18. Lerisbo1192

Lerisbo1192 Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2012
    hueco mundo
    #218 Lerisbo1192, Jun 22, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2013
    You guys do realize that having the second episode as an iap means just and updated version of this rather that a potentially completely new game with new menus, new framework, better visuals, new leveling up system with new abilities and tons of other stuffs!! Do you really think all this can be added trough an iap?? Or that the game is gonna use 2 differents frameworks? Don t get me wrong i really enjoyed this game but we don't know what they are preparing for episode 2. It might be the same game with new story and side missions and may be new abilities or rather a completely new game with a lot of changes!! So let's just trust the devs! (Anyway for me it'll still be a day 1 purchase)

19. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    You do realize how much that would cost, right?

20. philodygmn

philodygmn Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    #220 philodygmn, Jun 22, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2013
    *snorting, self-effacing snicker* No, totally, I more meant to hilight how much more important I feel your innovation and creative achievement ought to be than how the slowest parts of the game feel. Also, you've proven that a small team can showcase iOS capabilities right up there creatively on-par with other featured titles with huge money like Real Racing 3, and the fact you've kept it premium makes it really important to those who care about _quality_ _gaming_ (not just spiffy _games_?) that a breath-of-fresh-air, honest-to-god tiny indie dev having the balls to charge up-front above typically venal App Store fare deserves in so many ways to succeed more than a "AAA" port or franchise that can afford a bunch more filler-type content in a first release for a new creative property.

And where are you guys on the App Store?! I see a few ...*squinting*