GameClub Spider: The Secret Of Bryce Manor (by TigerStyle) [TA 2009 GotY]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by eggzbacon, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Acidbottle

Acidbottle Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    scroooooooge :p

2. idrisguitar

idrisguitar Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    #502 idrisguitar, Dec 18, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2009
    exactly :)

thanks so much for this awesome update david, and also cant wait for the free suprise. :D

and guys for $3 you wont find a better bargain int he appstore. this game beats all of my sisters DS games she bought for $40. i truly rate this as one of my favourite portable games i have ever played. its just so original and has such beautiful art, add in a perfect atmosphere, and you have what in my book is the perfect formula for a game.

ill take this of modern warfare 2 any day of the week.

3. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    I agree. The original really fit the game's art style.

4. Grubjelly

Grubjelly Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    #504 Grubjelly, Dec 18, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2009
    Update's good! Although I haven't seen any new levels yet, the bug combos in the new restart-less Hunger mode were made more delicious by being worth more points and by being accompanied by what sounds like a partially remixed soundtrack - there's more bass and thump now.

5. Omega-F

Omega-F Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    Update's out? Holy crap, that just made my day.

6. Robert M.

Robert M. Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Awesome!! I'm taking a break from Shift and NOVA for this! Really this is one of the best games I played this year! On any platform...and I own them all lol

7. Robert M.

Robert M. Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Really? lol I like the new icon...

8. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    I think that the new icon is good. I wouldn't care if it was changed to the original one either. One thing I hope the devs never EVER do is put OF or similar logo on the icon. That would be a crime against what I consider to be the best game since the iTunes store creation.

9. Omega-F

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    I also like the icon. I think I should have a small banner on the top that says: GOTY, since this is unquestionably the single best iPhone/pod game of the year.

10. Randy Smith

Randy Smith Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    I'm also a big fan of our former icon, which was created by artist/designer Randy O'Connor of Tiger Style. However, we wanted to freshen it up for a bit, and we also like this new "gold spider" icon. If you loved the old "keyhole" icon, don't despair! It'll make a comeback some day.

Hey if you're fans of Spider, head over to here:
    http://bestappever.com/nom/

and here:
    http://wireless.ign.com/articles/105/1054701p1.html

and vote for your favorite games!

Thanks, glad you guys like the Director's Cut, hope you'll like our big surprise coming down the pipes in a couple days at least as much, and please tell us what you think about Director's Cut after you play it! We appreciate the support!

- Randy

11. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Hi!
    I would like to thank TigerGames for this Christmas present...it was really unexpected.

While I consider Bryce Manor one of the best App Store offerings (the Adventure mode in particoular) since I finished it 3 times and 'understood' the whole story I didn't replay it, now I restarted it to see all the new things and the magic of the game re-captured me.

Out of curiosity, are there any new puzzles or stories to uncover?

In any case, many thanks!!!

12. Jason0278

Jason0278 New Member

Dec 18, 2009
    I beat the game months ago and when I started a new game to use the level select, I was only able to select the two forest levels and the first one outside the house. Why doesn't this game remember that I've already played all the levels? I was hoping to jump around a look for secrets and play the new levels. Ugh. The update is much appreciated though!

13. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    I tried the select level, but I didn't remember what I had already played and what was new (finished the game months ago too), so I restarted a new playthrough.

It's still great.

14. CryptoF

CryptoF Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Londinium
    Quite right. This game should not be free, ever. It's far too good for cheapskates.

Thanks for the update - an unexpected and pleasant surprise. I'm looking forward to trying it out (and any other free surprises in the meantime) on quiet afternoon after eating a pile of Christmas turkey...

15. SimonWitton

SimonWitton Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    Would you mind explaning it or quoting the person that explaned it, i still dont get the story but i adore the game and was thrilled when i saw the update. I wonder what the other free suprise is...

16. David Tiger

David Tiger Well-Known Member

Hmm, it should remember that you beat the game. If you ever deleted the app, you will lose your save games, is it possible you removed it at some point?

There is a super secret cheat code that will unlock all the levels (well, all of the "non-secret" levels) .. so if it's really driving you batty that you can't skip around, drop me a PM.

17. jblick

jblick Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Texas
    I'm new to this game, so pardon my naivety. But, is the "mystery" or "secret" of Bryce Manor a big part of the game. I am only a few levels into the game and am starting to notice pictures with names on the frames.

I did not want to read too much of this forum because sometimes things are revealed inadvertently and I wanted to avoid that possibility.

Without spoiling anything, am I supposed to be internalizing this information? Is it going to be put to use in a mini-game later on or when the game is finished is one supposed to merely feel good inside and rest at ease that he/she knows the "secret" of Bryce Manor?

18. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Most of the background stuff is just story-related, it's worth paying attention to if you want to figure out what happens, although even with all of the information the answer is still a mystery. If you want to access the secret later in the game there are certain things that have to be done along the way in various levels, so keep an eye out.

19. Omega-F

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    Finished the DC yesterday. It was fantastic.

Spider: App of the forever

20. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2009
    I'm trying to get the 7,8, & 9 sided web achievement, but I can't figure out how to do it. When forming the larger multi sided webs, does it have to be one giant web with 8 or 9 sides? Or can it be several smaller webs attached together?? I saw a few pages back someone was talking about using a 10 sided web. I would really like to know how it done... & if you've got a screencap to post, that would help to!! Thanks