GameClub Spider: The Secret Of Bryce Manor (by TigerStyle) [TA 2009 GotY]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by eggzbacon, Aug 10, 2009.

1. le'deuche123

le'deuche123 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Finally got my hands on the game, and I must say, I'm awe struck. The hand drawn artwork is beautiful, the controls intuitive, and the concept original. I'm in love ladies and gentlemen. This has already skyrocketed to my top 3, putting SIIG in fourth. These are the kind of games that excite me. This is what I want on my ipod. Creative, intriguing, and brilliant. More please!

2. David Tiger

David Tiger Well-Known Member

Hey everybody .. wanted to stop by with a quick update ..

We're all hard at work on getting the plan together for the Update and Lite Version, but also, Randy and I are giving a talk together at the Austin Game Developer's Conference in two weeks, so that's going to be consuming a lot of our time! Hopefully we will have more concrete news to share before the end of the month.

We should also have the soundtrack ready to go for public sharing sometime next week. Stay tuned!

In other news, our trailer just got posted on gametrailers (http://bit.ly/3ytN98) .. lots and lots of people over there probably haven't seen us yet, so if you want to stop by and say something nice, we'd definitely appreciate it.

Thanks again to everybody here for your support and enthusiasm .. it has really made a big difference to us.

cheers,
    David

3. Malrulezzzu

Malrulezzzu Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2009
    I will be replying on there Dave , this game is still the best game in the app store IMO. I would love to see a sequel , don't be stupid..make a sequel or more levels using the same engine..that should be an easy little money maker for you. I am dying for more and I am sure a lot of other people are as well.

4. Ravenblack

Ravenblack Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    This game is a real joy to play. :) Hope to see more games from your team, David.

5. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Thanks for the update. I just realise how much fun, even after finishing the "adventure" mode, now I am going back to dig up more. "Line drawing" game is no longer the same.

6. David Tiger

Also, our 1.0.1 update is now available .. nothing all that exciting, just fixed up the one super rare crash bug some people were experiencing on startup. (In other words, don't feel compelled to go download it right away).

7. Randy Smith

Randy Smith Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Hey All,

I kind of fell off once Spider hit the Top 10 charts, as there was suddenly a ton of attention to respond to (all good, but time consuming). It was crazy for a while there, watching Spider climb up the charts and achieve real success. More recently I was taking a vacation, which I really needed!

Anyway, I just wanted to say again: thanks to all of you. Spider has been bought many tens out thousands of times now, it's been covered by CNET, IGN, and USA Today, but I really think the small numbers of folks here were super crucial to getting it off the ground and gathering attention to it. We're really glad you enjoyed it so much, and I'll have these forums in mind as we design our next game.

..And the Spider update, of course!

Thanks,
    Randy

8. Maverick009

Maverick009 Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    Thats Great Randy! This game rules! :p

9. Acidbottle

Acidbottle Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    nice one randy, really pleased it got the success it deserved. fer me its a game classic :)

10. Randy Smith

Randy Smith Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
  11. David Tiger

contest this weekend

Hey folks,

We're having a little contest to give away some promo codes right here on TouchArcade. If you haven't seen the thread, you can check it out and enter here:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=32194

We're still hard at work on the update and will have more info to share around the end of the month / early December!

Good luck!
    David

12. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    I'm probably far off, but I hope i win!

13. echopoint

echopoint Active Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Fabulous game!

For those of you that don't own this game, it is a real gem. Excellent artwork, sound, and a really spooky vibe. It has puzzle and platformer elements, and has excellent control, replayability, and is very addictive. Please check it out!

14. mek

mek Well-Known Member

any New Content and or levels planned?

I'd be happy to purchase via DLC

15. David Tiger

16. 5duc29

5duc29 Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Yes I would like to see. Maybe more levels with clues/ backstory :p I would pay a $0.99 DLC for two to three levels :D

17. David Tiger

We're working on a significant free update with new levels, level select, a slew of new achievements, and more.. the hope is to submit during the first week of December.

You can save your money for our next game :)

18. spidey146

spidey146 Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    yes i want backstory, i thought there would be a story but i was a little disappointed when i finished :(

awesome game though

edit: where do i view my achievements? i keep getting them but i cant figure out where to see them

19. 5duc29

5duc29 Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Next game, eh? I can't wait. I wonder what its going to be... :confused: I will sure buy it since Spider was great. Will wait for the update too.

EDIT: @spidey146, Options menu "records"

20. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    There should be an endless mode, and you have unlimited spider thread.
    Bugs keep on coming and you try to get them