GameClub Spider: The Secret Of Bryce Manor (by TigerStyle) [TA 2009 GotY]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by eggzbacon, Aug 10, 2009.

1. David Tiger

David Tiger Well-Known Member

We had 3 people contribute songs to the game. We're extremely happy with how the music came out.

Scott Barber did 4 songs + the Death theme. His music appears in: Driveway, Porch, Entranceway, Foyer, Shelves, Pantry, Library, Garden, Fountain, Clothesline, Staircase, Music Room, Bedroom, Rose Window, Roof, Dining Room, and the Exit.

Jef Drawbaugh did 2 songs -- the song in the Training Levels and the song in: Bathtub, Linen Closet, Living Room, and Hearth.

Randy did the 1 remaining song, which you hear in Kitchen Sink, the Well, Under the Stairs, and the Basement.

We fully intend to share our soundtrack for free on our website in the coming weeks.

You can see how many people made contributions in other areas if you check out the credits.

2. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    That's gotta be a record... Apple ought to do something special to celebrate apps breaking 100 reviews with perfect ratings.

3. Maelick

Maelick Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Read Above
    Myrtle Beach, SC USA
    #303 Maelick, Aug 14, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2009
    thanks for all the talk on this game. I never would have bought this game if it wasn't for this post and the review on tas' homepage. app store posts are ridiculously flattering, thanks peoples!
    I can't believe how good this game is. Im addicted to it. Trying to make the biggest web possible is very time consuming when im really really bored. I guess you have to beat it one time through in order to see the other game modes because i dont seem to have them.

4. JanB

JanB Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Hey man w.e happened to the discussion we were having about new modes?

5. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Chillaaax! David can't just make snap decisions on his own, I'd rather they mulled things over between them than rushed a new mode in on a whim.

6. AttackOfThePwned

AttackOfThePwned Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Photographer
    San Francisco, CA
    #306 AttackOfThePwned, Aug 14, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2009
    To extend game play further, in future iterations of the game I would like to see an option where your spider can no longer feed for a set time period (spiders are not eating machines due to their size).

What REALLY would add to the exploration part would be once your spider is full, cocoon the insects you've trapped in web for later. Also when insects get trapped some web damage would be great to see, thus you will need to repair the web (or risk losing it) in order to trap more insects.

All this would add tons of replay and would bring a lot of realism to an already great game.

Just some suggestions to ponder over.

7. ManOnFire

ManOnFire Member

Jul 8, 2009
    I happened to be playing through adventure mode and wanted to try one of the other game types so i clicked on new game to try one of the other modes but have seemed to lose my progress on adventure mode...is there anyway of going back to the level i was on rather than starting from the beginning?

8. AClockworkSausage

AClockworkSausage Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Systems Analyst
    Just completed the story mode. Well, I say story mode but is there a story? The description implys some kind of mystery regarding the family etc, but having found most secrets, if not all, and only missing 1 bug, I'm pretty confident that there is no story at all.

9. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Maybe you weren't looking hard enough. You don't need words to tell a story, didn't you ever read books with pictures as a child?

10. IzzyNobre

IzzyNobre Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    Canada
    The one and only complain about this game is that it doesn't resume play if you quit the app. I was in the middle of a great game, got a call, and lost all my progress :(

Maybe something to address in a future update?

11. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    The game definitely tells a story.

12. Gryphon23

Gryphon23 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    McDonalds! French Fries anyone?
    At that place... with those... people...
    This game rocks! It is very fun and addicting! But it needs more levels!

Can you read this? ;D

13. AClockworkSausage

May 5, 2009
    Systems Analyst
    I'm sorry but what story? Am I to make one up and wonder where the tenants are? I'm a spider catching bugs. That's all. I like the game but there is no story.

14. Acidbottle

Acidbottle Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    woooosh

15. AClockworkSausage

May 5, 2009
    Systems Analyst
    Please explain. What have I missed?

I'm a spider in a mansion catching bugs.
    What more is there to it?

16. Seishu

Seishu Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Student
    us of a
    The whole secret of Bryce Manor of course!

17. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    This dude would make a great detective.

18. AClockworkSausage

May 5, 2009
    Systems Analyst
    Lol I don't get it. If I'm supposed to make up my own story then fair enough but if there is a predefined story then I've completely missed it. :)

19. AClockworkSausage

May 5, 2009
    Systems Analyst
    Lol I give up. I can't use spoiler tags but I'm sure the house isn't really abandoned, if you catch my drift...

20. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Depends if you consider "working out the real story" the same as "making up your own story" I suppose.