GameClub Spider: The Secret Of Bryce Manor (by TigerStyle) [TA 2009 GotY]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by eggzbacon, Aug 10, 2009.

1. JanB

JanB Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    The question is, how do you open the secret room!?

2. Dark NRG

Dark NRG Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Filmographer
    #282 Dark NRG, Aug 13, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2009
    Right on:D

@JanB My question is: is there a "secret" in EVERY room? BC I'm missin a few then.

3. INCyr

INCyr Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2009
    Can you guys take this discussion elsewhere, so that those of us who haven't played the game yet aren't spoiled? I believe there's a thread in the games and discussions area that's available for discussions with spoilers on this game.

Thanks.

4. JanB

JanB Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Im just announcing it here so said person can post the answer in the other thread.

5. gekkota

gekkota Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008

Thank you for reminding people of this. Unfortunately, this seems to be turning into yet another thread sprinkled with questions and spoilers. It's really a shame when that happens, because people who haven't purchased the game--but want to read other's opinions on gameplay--have to avoid reading this thread for fear that they will accidentally read something to spoil their game.

Same thing happened to me with the CSI game. I wanted to read reviews before buying, and lo and behold some dimwit described the ending! That developer lost a sale, through no fault of his own.

I don't understand why people aren't smart enough to realize that game discussions belong in the "game discussions forum." :rolleyes: It would be nice if there was a way to move inappropriate discussion posts to the discussion forum area.

6. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I've been reading this topic from the start and I don't think there are any major spoilers... maybe a few hints...

7. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    below is the link to game discussion thread full of spoilers and some discussion of the Mystery of the Bryce manor. Come in and share your theories, and more importantly the strategy for finding the secret room.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=21744

8. JanB

JanB Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    As I said -.- the players of spider visit THIS thread, and forget about the other one. I ask my question here but I expect my answer in the other thread. Understand?

Im a man that considers spoiling a SIN, so I would never partake in such acts.

9. Dark NRG

Jun 10, 2009
    Filmographer
    Agreed. It's a thin line JanB, between being on this thread as players, and spoilers. It's no secret that there are secrets. That's actually the hook to buy the game for me. What else is there to discuss then in this thread? Nice web?
    (kidding)

10. eugekava

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    I just have to say it - fantastic game. I played all the way through 3 times and didn't feel bored at all.

Just got another idea for a mode/minigame: you have to make a web between branches/pieces of furniture/etc. You have to draw a web that covers as much area as possible with a given number of strands. once the web is complete you press a start button and bugs fly through the web. the more get stuck - the higher the score. Or we could just be rated on the size of the area web covers.

11. Dark NRG

Jun 10, 2009
    Filmographer
    Rarely do I like the music in a game. Who did this music? Or, how many ppl worked on this project. I mean the art, music, design and programming is just impeccable!:)

12. eugekava

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Dark NRG, you sound more and more like JanB. :)
    ;)I feel a disturbance in the force.

13. different

different Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    This is rather good. Simple concept, brilliantly executed. :)

14. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Played the game all the night...

The level like a cimitery with the cross...WOW!!!!!!!!

The graphic is simply AMAZING....I really love it and I strongly hope we'll see more quality 2D games in the future (despite having a 3GS, I really do not like 3D graphics on the iPhone).

15. eugekava

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Completely agree. Most 3d graphics look barely as good as original Quake.

16. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy

Exactely.
    While there are some exceptions (Zen Bound come to mind, or the 'fake' 2D of Rolando 2) having other consoles probably spoiled me.
    Considering the fact my iPhone is now my preferred and almost only played console (PC,Xbox360 here) and that I really do not consider it just lika a cell phone (where the graphics would be amazing)...I cannot stand the at the moment 'bare' 3D graphic it has.

Imho 2D graphics have lot to say, and the iPhone would be just perfect for it.

This game prove it.

I would really love an Ultima 7 remastered for iPhone...full budget RPG is the only genre I miss in the App Store.

Now back to my spider....love this game and the mystery around Bryce Manor it's really intriguing....I have so much questions about the manor but I want finish the game at least once before adventuring in the spoiler land....
    (and I NEVER thought about replaying any game excluding masterpieces).

17. sf49lu

sf49lu Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Sylvania, OH
    I'm stunned. The game doesn't look like my kind of game, but when I looked at the itunes page all 102 ratings are 5 stars. I have never seen that in my life. :eek:

18. JanB

JanB Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    HAHA HEY! what you getting at louis!

19. Kevd

Kevd Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    I noticed the same thing this morning. It was an even 100 when I checked, but no other ratings at all...

But given all the praise I've seen for it, I guess it really holds up! That's saying something about the game's quality!

20. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    I know its insane but I hope it stays that way so it can become #1 soon