Universal Spider: Rite of the Shrouded Moon (by Tiger Style)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Eli, Aug 5, 2015.

1. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    I'd vote for iCloud as I travel for business and personal a lot and have now grown more confident in traveling without a computer but relying on the iPad & iPhone combination and being able to switch from one device to the other is what makes having the same system (iOS) wuth the iPhone 6 & the iPad perfect.

I hope you do consider adding iCloud Saves!

2. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    As I've been traveling through Scandinavia got the the past couple of weeks you definitely did consider everything as many cities I've visited has long dark nights for part of their season including nearly 21 hours of darkness for up to two months! Great job thinking about the conditions we all live in which vary so greatly.

3. hincy89

hincy89 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2011
    I can't get used the the control scheme very strange way to do movement

4. David Tiger

David Tiger Well-Known Member

I thought your handle looked familiar! If you like discussing clues / story / meaning, I'm pretty sure there will be plenty of that happening once people get deeper into the experience.

5. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I'm legitimately surprised that people are having issues with the controls. They're absolutely perfect. I don't think that some of us having played the original Spider is an advantage in this case...I mean, we still had to learn to how to play the original.

6. imusic

imusic Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    I write music for a living.
    Los Angeles, CA.
    Anybody here figure out how to make a "strong web?" At first I thought maybe any 4 or 5 sided web would do the trick, but that doesn't seem to be it.

7. David Tiger

It's just a function of size. You can even make a 3-sided strong web but it has to be about as large as a 3-sided web can be.

8. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Phew, finally solved the Mansion North mystery to unlock the next two areas. This is tough, but I love it!

9. RedstripeX

RedstripeX New Member

Aug 8, 2015
    What's the secret to playing the correct sequence inside the organ? Do you have to read the sheet music from the previous clues? Help!

10. petcar

petcar Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2012
    Norway
    Wonderful game, but man, these puzzles are tough. Might just be me though, I'm not really clever like that.

11. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    #71 eugekava, Aug 8, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2015
    SPOILER ALERT!!!!!

The device that plays the discs (whatever it is called) that appears as a second clue needs to be activated by jumping on a handle. The disc then rotates revealing the word that needs to be spelled inside the organ.

The first puzzle is similar to those in the original game. I am sure they'll get tougher though.
    More than puzzles though I enjoy unraveling the mystery of the family that you gather from pictures on the wall, notes and photos in secret places, desks, etc.
    I am not a big fan of the leaderboard screen that comes up after every level. I turned off the option to submit my score. That choice should prevent that window from coming up. I feel that it kills the immersion a bit. If this game was a simple high score chaser then fair enough, but it is more than that. Personally I loved the fact that in the original game you were guided to the next level where additional clues to the events that transpired were revealed. It was incredibly original form of story telling. In this game the puzzles have taken the centre stage and it is a larger world with greater freedom of movement. I suppose I'll have to finish the game first before deciding for myself if this different approach worked for me. So far I am hooked. Seeing various hints on the walls and then realising what it all means when the puzzle is finally solved is incredibly satisfying. I applaud the devs for making the experience so engrossing.
    If you make the leaderboard screens completely optional that would be even better.

12. Stamcam

Stamcam Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Windmill

Totally stuck on what to do with the switches on the windmill. Have tried various things based on the clues but can't get it. Anyone have any ideas?

13. David Tiger

Will take it under consideration... I totally understand that if you're just not interested in that stuff, you would rather it just went away completely. We talked about a "story only mode" without score stuff present at one point but generally prefer to present the game with a certain structure and stick to it. Still, it could be an interesting option to add.

Thanks for the feedback!

14. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    #74 Candykiller, Aug 8, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2015
    @David Tiger - are some of the clues deliberately misleading? (red herrings) The main reason I struggled with the Mansion North mystery is by trying to make sense of the clues I found. At the end of the day, I found the solution based on just one of the clues and ignoring the others. The remaining clues made no sense to me even after I had solved the mystery.
    especially the two ripped scraps of paper with apparent directions to rotate various symbols clockwise or anti-clockwise
    Are these clues part of a bigger narrative or am I missing something?

I am really enjoying the game, but I am finding the clues to the mysteries baffling.

15. caanerud

caanerud Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2011
    Hi David

Just wanted to say that I love your games.

Have you considered porting them to the Wii U, or do you think the audience wouldn't be there on that platform?

16. David Tiger

Not red herrings, but some of the clues you find in one location may not necessarily apply to the puzzle / mystery in that location.

17. David Tiger

We have plans for Spider on PS4 and Vita but no other consoles at this moment in time... if the game does well, anything is possible!

18. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Ah, okay that's good to know. Thanks.

19. MrsPath

MrsPath Member

Aug 8, 2015
    North Mansion

I'm at the North Mansion and have completed all the levels except
    the puzzle in the hallway. The clock does nothing, but it seems like it should. It's the only the in that area, other than the clue on the ceiling. I've trying going to the clock at an hour, hoping that would be it. Nothing. What am I missing?

20. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    The clue on the ceiling above the clock is the important bit. Make sure you crawl round to the small opening on the right of the ceiling motif to reveal a pointer. Use the results in conjunction with the gargoyle area.