Universal Spider: Rite of the Shrouded Moon (by Tiger Style)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Eli, Aug 5, 2015.

1. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Anyone get the code to get the walrus to work? It is on the front page article, and tried it multiple times exiting out of the game - even reinstalling it... Nothing... Has anyone discovered a sure fire way for the code to work?

2. sh4dow

sh4dow Member

Aug 22, 2015
    #202 sh4dow, Aug 23, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
    Strong webs?! Jesus... there's not exactly a lot of space. But thanks, I'll see whether I can make that work! :)

[edit]Did it! I thought you meant the inner two candles, not the outer two. But with the outer two, it's fairly straightforward. I also didn't get that lighting all candles at once would lure the moths from the ceiling. It seems one doesn't even have to jump up there. And I find it should also be noted that it's MUCH easier to light all the candles starting on the very left and going right. ;)[/edit]

That's why I call finishing the game. ;)
    It may not be the ultimate ending but it is one...

3. sh4dow

sh4dow Member

Aug 22, 2015
    Thanks but I probably won't try this out because I have to second Candykiller... the whole moon phase thing is ridiculous. The game seems to remember that I used the weather machine during the last new moon, so if I set the date back, I can't use it again. If I set it forward, I would have to get a new code. Screw that.

4. Subrom

Subrom Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2015
    Sydney, Australia
    #204 Subrom, Aug 23, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
    Deleted

5. castonm

castonm Member

Aug 18, 2015
    Thanks. I was trying to find out if the final mystery is contained in game without involving the mystery from "the other thread". I don't think it is though.

6. Randy Smith

Randy Smith Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Hi guys! Randy from Tiger Style here.

If you have question marks in the final secret level
    after eating the Death's Head Moth, I'm pretty sure that's a bug. We're reviewing the code and will submit a handful of bug fixes at once. As far as I know, that's the only thing you need to do in the Well level, so you shouldn't see any question marks after you complete that

If you've "changed the real world time" by hacking
    your system clock, then we call you a 'time traveler,' and you may experience some amount of temporal instability. I haven't heard of moon phases getting out of sync with real time, but I suppose it's not impossible!? More noteworthy is if you use the in-game Weather Device and Time Machine while time traveling, that could lead to problems?
    We did our best to support this, actually, since we knew there would be some ..ah.. more headlong, ambitious players out there.

7. castonm

castonm Member

Aug 18, 2015
    Ah ok, thanks for the response.
    So would that bug fix also solve the 7th mystery in the game? Mine says I've solved 6/7. Or does that still involve the bigger mystery from the other thread?

8. Randy Smith

Randy Smith Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Yep, we found that bug today and fixed it. After our update, your puzzle will be marked as solved. Sorry!

9. sh4dow

sh4dow Member

Aug 22, 2015
    Did they reset the leaderboards recently? I just started the game to check where I can still improve my scores and suddenly, they are only available locally, not globally. And Captain's Quarters doesn't have any global scores at all. I'm playing on PC though.

10. David Tiger

David Tiger Well-Known Member

Something broke on us, and we don't know what's going on just yet. Looking into it. :(

11. sh4dow

sh4dow Member

Aug 22, 2015
    I see. Thanks for responding so quickly and keeping us updated!

12. somnambulor

somnambulor Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2015
    Just FYI, the phase for getting the code is
    just a few days before the phase for using it
    . Also, now that we're late enough in the month/moon-cycle, I think you can
    set the time back to the correct phases for this month and the machine should be available

It's definitely frustrating, but I like the way the ritual of shifting the time/date starts to feel a little like the rituals built into the game.

13. sh4dow

sh4dow Member

Aug 22, 2015
  14. Daenelle

Daenelle Member

Sep 30, 2015
    Sceptres of Emprise?

Hi - I am new to this site, but utterly addicted to Spider 2, so if I post this in the wrong way, huge apologies. I have the USTAEL, NA achievement too, but I also have another called "The Sceptres of Emprise" underneath which is says "Are Lost Beneath Stagnant Seas"... I've been looking for information on what this means and found nothing yet...

15. Leadhead

Leadhead Member

Sep 25, 2010
    Final level, where?

Been playing the game for a while but have gotten stuck. Maybe someone can help me?

I've solved all the 6 main mysteries of the game, completed all levels under all the 4 weather states, completed all 7 markings on the estate map
    (the various moon cycles — no more question marks on any levels)
    , and found all insects apart from the Death's Head Moth. There seems to be a final level somewhere called
    "The Well" which has said moth and the ending for the game
    , but I'm unable to find it! Could anyone point me in the right direction for this particular level?

By the way, not sure if this has been mentioned before, but
    there are some markings in the bottom left corner of the estate map, only visible when you tap on the triangle button to have the spider jump on the map. It looks like a key similar to the one seen on the chalk board in the tower, and has some numbers and familiar symbols on it. Might be of use for the so-called "big picture" mystery.

16. Subrom

Subrom Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2015
    Sydney, Australia
    You need to do "something" when you are running around on the map.

Yes. This is important for the "big picture". make sure you write in down or take a screenshot when you are running around on the map.

17. Leadhead

Leadhead Member

Sep 25, 2010
    Thanks, got it!

18. Daenelle

Daenelle Member

Sep 30, 2015
    What's the rush?

I've done the Gargoyles in less than 30 seconds, but don't get this achievement. Is it a bug, does anyone know?

19. Lord Vader

Lord Vader Member

Sep 3, 2015
    You probably did not eat all bugs. The achievements description is a little vague, it's not enough to just finish a level, you need to complete it.

20. User58394

User58394 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Wow...

Normally I'm freaked out about spiders, but the art style made it much less scary to play as. The variety of bugs in the different stages of night and day also really bring out the unique weather and day/night mechanic of the game.

It's amazing as well, that all of these web making and hunting actions one does as the spider to hunt and catch insects ends up revealing a much larger metaphorical web of clues and questions to be solved.