Universal Spider-Man Unlimited - (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    A rare Spider-Man. Has 2 skills, but the second skill will only activate when you've levelled him up to 5 stars, which will take a while.

I got a rare Ends of the Earth Spider-Man as a reward off the rankings from yesterday.

The downside to rares is that it seems you need exactly the same rare cards to rank up as well. If they are rare indeed, then we might just be well off taking advantage of the uncommons we get from the Standard Recruit.

2. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

I really like this, the art style is exceptionally nice.

3. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I was sitting at #3 earlier today on the Mangaverse event, but it's just falling as time passes. LOL. Im currently ranked 9th.

Also ran 136k so far... Reaching 300k nets a whopping 20 gems, so i want to work on that and try my luck again on another Premium Portal unlock.

4. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    #104 amusing Grace, Sep 11, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2014
    What are these portals from todays mission exactly?
    Is it a certain distance you have to reach in endless?

EDIT: Nevermind figured it out by checking the achievements

5. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Holding onto 17th for the moment. So it is like the joust game with different players in different tournies, like you're saying......oh please Gameloft, don't screw us out of the prizes! Lol

6. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Has anyone else had an app badge that is always stuck at 1? And continuous game center auto matches that you can't load and actually challenge anyone?

7. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Yeah there are 500 players in each group

8. slammajamma28

slammajamma28 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Software Developer
    'Murrica
    I had that issue so I turned off the notifications in iOS setting and then removed the Game Center turn.

9. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    The other one used in the Rank Up tutorial was Miles Morales (Ultimate Spider-Man). He's my favorite, for sure.

Well that explains why I can't see anyone else except you in my leaderboard.

Friends, this game really has everything I want in an endless runner, with the not-trivial exception of endless play. But everything else is just awesome! Excelsior!

10. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Haha yeah I saw you too!

I agree it's an awesome runner I'm addicted!

11. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    Amazing gameplay.
    I'm wondering where the monetization happens.

Anyone who's played more care to explain?

Edit. Ohh. Timers. Meh.
    I'd gladly pay $4.99 for this...but timers?

12. baldeagle86

Dec 21, 2013
    Same here! I would gladly pay a premium price to take the whole timer system out of it. Also the upgrade prices are ridiculously high, 5000 then 12500

13. Nemer

Nemer Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2012
    College/Part job
    Far far away
    What kind of monster puts timers in a runner game? Make it super grindy or something but not that energy crap. Well game is ok but not really worth keeping.

14. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    I find it funny how people swear that they would gladly pay $5 for a premium game with no timers or restrictions but when one comes out they cry about $5 being too much for an iOS game and then swear if it was on console the would gladly pay $50 for it.

Fact of the matter is lots of mobile gamers are spoiled rotten by $0.99 games and week later price drops, so it's a rare breed that will actually go through with their "instabuy" pledge and purchase on release date.

These companies are in it to make money so it easier to have a free game and put restrictions that people may or may not pay to work around than have a one time price that only a small percentage are willing to pay, meanwhile the rest will wait as long as it takes for it to go on sale or better yet free

Not trying to call anyone out in particular but it needed to be said, I for one like the game and have no problems with the timers since it makes them money and means I'll get more great games in the future

15. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    Another question :)
    What are the combos good for? Do they affect your score?

16. Geertyy

Geertyy Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2013
    I'm really enjoying this game and it could be one of the best endless runners. Like everyone said, the timers are horrible though..

17. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Killing enemies and doing last minute avoids gives score, and comboing increases this score.

18. baldeagle86

Dec 21, 2013
    I've gotten lots of premium games the night they launch, some I don't end up keeping but I'm not burned. I'd rather pay premium to support a developer than be slowly drained to refill energy bars and such, I see your point though and do agree about the sales and free camping. I really really like the game too just not the waiting around to play :/

19. Want a runner this week ? Fotonica guys.

20. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    Or...maybe they actually buy premium games when released, if they appeal to them?

S