Universal Spider-Man Unlimited - (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Sep 10, 2014.

1. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Does anyone there at Gameloft know how to get my game to recharge my Spider energy. Opened it again to only 1 today, after not playing for around 24 hours. Why can't an online only game recharge energy when I don't have it running on my phone??

2. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Haven't received a free standard portal for over a week. Anyone else experiencing this?

3. Golden Boy

Golden Boy Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Financial Manager
    There are a few reports of this happening for other players, but the normal response from Gameloft is "The developers are working on it."

I would strongly suggest reinstalling the game to fix most of the issues you're reporting. If you're unwilling to do that, then you're sadly and unfortunately, at the mercy of Gameloft's promises about these kinds of issues since the initial release of the game.

On a side note: does anyone get notifications in their main Game Center application for "turns" for this game? It's so strange, I regularly get turn based notifications, but this isn't a turn based game.

4. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Thanks! I haven't experienced the turn notification thing. But after updating the game, I now have access to friends and energy gifts, etc. So, if I have to delete and reinstall just to get the daily portals, I might hold off. I'd rather not risk even worse loss I guess. Thanks for the response!

5. Golden Boy

Dec 12, 2009
    Financial Manager
    That's good news to hear, you finally got access to friends. Just out of curiosity, you're playing on an iOS device, right?

6. ChiroVette

ChiroVette Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2013
    Hey everyone!

I should have posted this way sooner. I posted it in Gameloft's official forum and it has helped a lot of people go from Premium Portal every day to a Bronze medal. This is a video designed specifically for people who can't break that Bronze ceiling and have good teams but need some help.

There is audio commentary, many slow motion parts in the second half, tips, tricks, and strategies I devised to help anyone who is in the same position I was a few months ago. Anyway, I hope this helps some of you. ;)

7. Golden Boy

Dec 12, 2009
    Financial Manager
    A new update is available for download. It contains a lot of new and exciting things, check it out!

Bring on Mysterio! =)

8. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    Holy crap this game has shaped up to being incredible! When it first launched I hated it, decide to check it out again when issue 6 launched. Now I'm addicted. So much variety,

9. Golden Boy

Dec 12, 2009
    Financial Manager
    I couldn't agree more, Eoghann. I've been playing this game since launch, and am very competitive on the event/daily leaderboards. So much so, that I was one of the 1st to receive the newly released 8* Titan, just a few days ago.

As you said, there is definitely tons of variety to the game. There are constant events to participate in, along with a daily leaderboard that is separated from event leaderboards. Also, there is a nice story mode to boot.

I encourage all to check it out again, or new players to give it a go.

10. Golden Boy

Dec 12, 2009
    Financial Manager
    The community vote for the next Spider-Man to be introduced into the game is going on right now. I encourage all who still play and new players to voice their opinion by voting in-game!

Voting is easy, here's how: open the game and go to your inbox for messages; there will be an official message from Gameloft that directs you to the proper location — all done in-game, no redirects to outside.

Here are the abilities for all the Spider-Men currently in the vote, hope it helps you make an awesome choice! Also, to see an awesome video trailer specially made for this vote, go to the official Spider-Man Unlimited FB page — it's pretty sweet!…

Here are the stats for the community vote Spider-Men:

• Devil Spider - 30% vial score, 30% combo bonus
    • Masked Marvel - +1 shield, 30% running bonus
    • Jameson - 30% combo bonus, +4 seconds combo

11. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Anyone know the button config for an MFi controller? I cant figure out how to webswing, and i havent had a chance to be in a tilt-scene yet, so i dont know how that translated to an MFi controller.

From what i have played i really like the MFi support though. Just need to figure out the rest of the controls.

12. Golden Boy

Dec 12, 2009
    Financial Manager
    Hi Everyone,

If you haven't been following Spider-Man Unlimited for awhile, or enjoy getting some inside looks/perspectives of developers and their respective teams, here is an interview that has three parts to it (all worth their own read through) where the Project Manager and Community Manager of SMU answer a lot of questions.

Big things are coming to the SMU universe, be prepared =).

http://whateveraspidercan.com/2015/07/13/interview-with-gamelofts-spider-man-unlimited-team/

13. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    Ask them to make limited time characters easier to get. It's next to impossible with hackers dominating the leaderboards. And the randomization algorithm is ridiculous. All my gems and not a single manga Mary Jane. :/

14. artofjdw

artofjdw Member

Mar 29, 2015
    #2214 artofjdw, Jul 25, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2015
    Has anybody experienced this problem? I cannot sign in due to the error 'Too many devices'. I tried loading my saved game on my tablet when it happened. I thought that if I delete it on my main device (phone) the problem would go away until I reinstalled the game abd still have an error.

15. Golden Boy

Dec 12, 2009
    Financial Manager
    Hi!

Sorry you are experiencing this problem.

Sadly, the only way to get it fixed is to contact Gameloft Customer Care. They have a support form on their main website that can be filled out.

Warning: be prepared to wait at least two days for a response. So, be very descriptive with your issues.

16. artofjdw

artofjdw Member

Mar 29, 2015

Thanks for your reply.

To be honest this isn't the first time it has occured. I dealt with this issue a few months ago and it was handled very smoothly. Customer Care was very nice and understanding.

I have hope they'll reply, lol.

17. artofjdw

artofjdw Member

Mar 29, 2015
    UPDATE: Got it back!! Yes! Called customer care in the morning, they were really nice. Fixed it in no time.

18. Golden Boy

Dec 12, 2009
    Financial Manager
    I find it extremely helpful for the few times that I have had to contact Customer Care, to simply call their phone support. My issues, too, were solved in a prompt manner.

Glad everything is back to normal for you! Enjoy swinging along again!

19. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Isn't it funny that 99% of the posts about this game are people talking about customer service complaints?

20. artofjdw

artofjdw Member

Mar 29, 2015
    #2220 artofjdw, Jul 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
    Thanks.

Calling them is the best option. I was not gonna risk getting the all new Spider-man under a different save file. Too much work down the drain if I did.