Universal Spider-Man Unlimited - (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Sep 10, 2014.

1. ChiroVette

ChiroVette Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2013
    Just to add to what Mess said, because the friending in this game is not very intuitive, when you are in any leaderboard (Daily, event, etc.) click on the name of any person you see and it will take you to the page of their stats. Then click on the "Add Friend" button.

lol I posted this because it took a little while for me to figure it out when I first started playing. ;)

2. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Opened it today, 24 hours after I last played, and I still haven't recharged ONE play! Why does it keep doing that?!? I have to wait even longer now. And I don't have time to play later!

3. Golden Boy

Golden Boy Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Financial Manager
    That sometimes happens still, but hasn't happened to me in a very long time. However, my energy is always full because my runs usually last for a significant amount of time, which allows my energy to refill in the background.

Don't you have a friends list yet? This can solve most of players issues with energy. It's really simple to add friends from a leaderboard. Give it a try.

4. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I don't have a friends list because I've never had a Facebook button to tap and log into. Where everyone's social media options are, I have nothing. Never have had anything there. Makes no sense.

Attached Files:

5. Golden Boy

Dec 12, 2009
    Financial Manager
    If you look at the previous posts before you (one page back) concerning this matter, you will know you don't need FB login or any other service to get friends.

Just go into a leaderboard, tap on a players name and add them as a friend.

6. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    When I tap on anyone in a leaderboard it brings up their record without anything to tap on. Like this photo. I don't see a way to add them.

And by the way, thank you for trying to help. I appreciate it! I'd love to get it to work.

Attached Files:

7. Golden Boy

Dec 12, 2009
    Financial Manager
    When that happens, Gameloft recommends resetting your iPhone by holding down the power button and home button at the same time until the phone reboots.

If that doesn't work, they also suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the game. Don't play through the tutorial upon reinstalling, instead wait for your game save to reappear and tap the confirm button that appears to download of your game.

This should fix you not having a social login or friends. You should also state you're above 18 years old. This could also be why you don't have friends appearing, because Gameloft doesn't allow minors to have a social network linked.

8. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    So, does that mean my progress is saved through Gamecenter? Or will Gameloft's servers recognize my phone if I delete and reinstall? I just don't want to lose all of the Spideys I've collected!

9. Golden Boy

Dec 12, 2009
    Financial Manager
    The only reason I can think of for you not being able to add friends is when you first installed the game and Gameloft asked for your age, you must have entered in a age below 18. It's been confirmed that social aspects of the game will not be made available to those of minor age.

They should have a saved file for you, it's what loads every time you open the application after so many days. Last time I updated the app, I had to load a save file. It worked for me, but I should state others have reported it sometimes doesn't work. However, they proceeded to play the tutorial when they shouldn't have. You should just let the game sit there until it finds your save.

10. Golden Boy

Dec 12, 2009
    Financial Manager
    New update has been out for a couple days now. I'm really missing the 2099 environment, it reminded me of Tron with the neon lights.

11. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    I have this weird issue where
    1)i had uninstalled the game some months ago after reaching level 50+
    2)i reinstalled some days ago to check out the new update
    3)i complete the tutorial mission (swipe up left down etc), the game starts downloading the latest update and shuts down
    4) i restart it, my Gamecenter kicks in and sais "Welcome Back Ramzarules"but the game doesn't load my progress, instead telling me to go play issue 1 with the green goblin, from 0 progress, no spider-men and level 1
    5)I go to settings, gamecenter, and sure enough, my achievments fro level 50 etc are there.

But the game will not load it somehow.
    I sent a ticket on thursday at Gameloft, but all i got so far is an automated response that they will contact me - they are still contacting me 2 days later..

Can anyone help?

12. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    #2192 Mess, May 9, 2015
    Last edited: May 9, 2015
    Search the windows store, if its available on windows then it will be there...

Edit - googled it (wasn't that hard) and found its only on iOS and android.

Future note - I wouldn't really expect much help from an iOS gaming site... Most people here are helpful, but it's not that likely to find someone using a windows phone device.

13. ChiroVette

Oct 4, 2013
    Not me. I say, good freaking riddance!

I liked the look of the environment all right, it was definitely cool, but once past the first boss I always dreaded getting sent there for either a boss or just to run in. Everything just blended in together into some massive blur of WHITE! And the boss levels (after the first boss, I mean) were just daunting.

When doing my daily Bronze, at least 1/3 of the time I got sent there (not when 2099 was the first boss, that was easy) at least 25% of the time it meant needing to use a continue.

14. hvianna

hvianna Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    #2194 hvianna, May 9, 2015
    Last edited: May 9, 2015
    Try deleting and reinstalling the game again. When you run the game for the first time, leave it at the initial screen (don't tap anything) until it loads your progress from the cloud, which may take a while.

This has worked for me before, hope that helps.

15. ramzarules

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    thanks.. deleted and reinstalled, but now it wants to load the save file with zero progress and spiderman level 1 which was apparently created somehow... So unless someone from Gameloft answers, or knows how to restore older save files, if it is even possible.. that's it for me.

16. Golden Boy

Dec 12, 2009
    Financial Manager
    I actually really liked it, and had no trouble with vision throughout the whole time it was available.

I stacked impressive near misses while always running through 2099 environment, another reason why I loved it so. Getting daily gold and silver was always so easy.

17. ChiroVette

Oct 4, 2013
    Different strokes, I guess. Well, I am just glad its gone, gone, gone! To me all the enemies and obstacles were just one great, big, pukey wash of WHITE. lol

You have to contact Customer Care. They can usually find your saves.

18. ramzarules

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    I contacted them on Thursday, but all i have until now is their automated response message that they "will get back to me" and since thursday morning, nothing...

19. Golden Boy

Dec 12, 2009
    Financial Manager
    Good luck! Honestly. Gameloft customer service is NOT fast by any means, plan to wait even longer.

Even if they do find your game save, there's no guarantee it will go as planned. There are always reports of players having to start over even when they get their game save sent to them.

I feel for you, the worst possible thing has happen — you lost your progress. Gameloft seriously needs to consider iCloud saves, because too many players are always losing their saves and never getting them back.

20. ramzarules

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    Thanks for the kind words and advice hvianna, Goldenboy and Chirovette... at least i can always count on the support of the TA community :)