iPad Spider-Man: Total Mayhem - (by Gameloft) +lite

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Aug 31, 2010.

1. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Hahaha, are you serious? No chance.

2. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    #22 ImNoSuperMan, Aug 31, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2010
    Impressions/reviews

TA Review : http://toucharcade.com/2010/08/31/spider-man-total-mayhem-review-my-spider-sense-is-overpowered/
    ==============
    Reader Impressions :

3. hbernritter

hbernritter Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Inventory/Marketing Manager
    Toledo, OH
    WAHHHHH I HATE GAMELOFT WAHHHHHHH ITS SO EXPENSIVE AND THE CONTROLS PROBABLY SUXORZ WAHHHHHH

no no your right, why should we be happy about finally getting a webhead game on idevices when we can have a little cheese with our whine

I can't wait to pick this up. Look like the old playstation games which were fun as flinging snot all over the walls and trying to climb them myself

4. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    I think only the US version does that

5. SirAwesome

SirAwesome Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    What happened to the Sept 2 release date, not complaining just curious.

6. writingsama

writingsama Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    hey guys,

stop bashing the 'colorfulness.' the ipod is full of 3d games that don't have enough color. as far as the 'original comics' go, yeah they weren't as colorful, comic books were all washed out then. The current books are more colorful though.

Personally I think it's a good thing. I mean look at Prince of Persia: great game, but as a 3d platformer everything being muddy brown or green doesn't help it. Colors differentiate things. Gameloft has done lots of good things, it's very possible this is one of those refinements that helps things be more playable.

EDIT: P.S. also spider-man games have a (not very recent) history of being colorful

7. Obscure

Obscure Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Australia
    Fixed.

It does indeed look good, a bit childish but eh. I'll more than likely pick it up when my bandwidth comes back on Thursday.

8. kugi_igi

kugi_igi Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Punturin
    i think they intended to make it look cartoonish
    i actually like it though i'm tired of colorful Gameloft games but hey the game is based from a comic book which i believe is a colorful thing :D remember it isn't manga :p

9. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Yeah, I assume that those complaining about the colors have never actually seen an issue of Ultimate Spider-Man. It's very colorful, much like this.

Anyway...as a big big Spidey fan it's going to be hard for me to wait for the inevitable 99 cents sale. Maybe I will wait for a month and get it when it drops to $4.99 though. Looks like it could be quite good. I wonder who all the bosses are--Green Goblin, Venom, Doctor Octopus...

10. Epox

Epox Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    EVERY SINGLE ONE OF GAMELOFT'S HAVE BEEN ON SALE. JUST A MATTER OF TIME. NOVA has more hype than this game and it went on sale in 2 weeks if my memory saves me correctly. I think I will stick with my wii, ds and gameboy spiderman games till this comes out.

11. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Didn't get Hero of Sparta II yet and this can wait too. :3

12. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    No idea exactly how long, but I think it took around 3 Months for Zombie Infection to crash to 59p. That's a whole lot of waiting.

13. Bad Hanson

Bad Hanson Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Somnambulist
    The Westcountry UK
    Jeez. If I was working for Gameloft and reading this I would be feeling really cheesed off. C'mon kids it's fine to pan a game -but isn't it a pre-requisite that you should have played it first...and maybe even to the end?

14. Epox

Epox Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    That's true but I didn't get that app. NFL 2011 went on sale within 2 weeks. The more popular apps go on sale once the craze is over.

15. JamesDean69

JamesDean69 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    What Is everyone smoking? This game looks awesome. Someone hit the nail on the head. Have any of u complaining about color read an issue of Ultimate Spider Man? Childish? Is Angry Birds not childish? how can anyone complain about a game being colorful? Sorry but I just don't get the Gameloft haters. Without Gameloft iPhone gaming would be no where near where it is now. Not only have they made some of the best games, in near console like quality but they are the bench mark now for all other companies to rival. They have raised the bar and made the little companies work harder too. They are a division of Ubisoft, one of the best developers/publishers in console gaming. Stop with the Gameloft bashing already. The bashers all sound so stupid. Gameloft games suck? ok whatever. lets just keep playing Match 3 games, and hidden object crap.

16. h1976

h1976 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2008
    What? No gameloftlive?

17. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Fair enough mate, I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I'm personally counting down the hours to release.

18. Epox

Epox Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Post some impressions when you get it!!

19. Derochea72

Derochea72 Well-Known Member

May 14, 2009
    Floor installer
    Ma
    I haven't seen AVARTAR on sale yet or splinter cell, if they have gone on sale then I missed it.

20. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    NOVA first had a price drop in March 3 months after release,