Spellwars: new screenshots

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by rcloudsoftware, Apr 29, 2009.

1. rcloudsoftware

rcloudsoftware Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2009
    Hi,

I've just updated my blog with a summary of the latest happenings around Spellwars. The article is at:

http://rcloudsoftware.wordpress.com/

Included are a handful of new screenshots, and a nice rundown of what been going on in the game development over the last month or so.

After GDC, I got a bit burnt out and Spellwars development came to a halt for a few weeks, but it's getting back in action, and things are moving along nicely now.

I would like to thank everyone I met at GDC, especially those of you who came out to the IDU event at the Marriot. I got to give a lot of demos of Spellwars, got lots of feedback (most of which was to the tune of "that's a bit hardcore isn't it?", which made me think I am doing something right, given the way I think iPhone games are currently being developed and produced), and generally got a chance to meet more people in the gaming industry in a 1-1, casual, friendly environment, than I ever would have otherwise. So, thanks to all you.

If you are interested in getting involved in contributing to the development of Spellwars, drop me a line (pm or email, check the contact page on the blog) and I'll be happy to hook you into the vibrant community of current Spellwars contributors.

Thanks
    Ryan

2. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    Spellwars looks really interesting. What are the details on this?

3. rcloudsoftware

rcloudsoftware Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2009
    The most detailed public notes are from the link in my sig, which is not to say a whole lot. The rest of the public details can be found on previous blog posts...

But most of the details are still private, in the Spellwars ning group. I don't feel like some of the game concepts are finalized enough to make the whole thing public yet, so I publicize what I can, as I feel like it's ready. At some point in the next few weeks to months, I'll open up the community to be open to anyone. For now, it's invite only.

I know there are a number of people who are following the game progress through these forums, so part of why I post is to keep all of them in the loop.

Thanks
    Ryan

4. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    Thanks Ryan. I'll be sure to keep following your progress.