Spellwars developer, looking for Artists and Designers

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by rcloudsoftware, Mar 6, 2009.

1. rcloudsoftware

rcloudsoftware Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2009
    Hi,

I am currently building a game, and I need some contributions in the following areas:

- UI Design: chrome art mostly, I do most of the UI layout & functionality
    - Game art: I would like contributions from at least a handful of different artists for the different spells in the game. Currently have a couple artists, looking for at least a few more.
    - Server Engineering: I am building the iPhone app, and am looking to find someone to build out the server. I have the ability, but not the time, so I've got the general design for the server done...just need to execute.

A little info about the game, the working title is Spellwars, it's kind of a m:tg-ish game, with collectible spells and such. You can find out a bit about it at:

http://www.rlcoudsoftware.com/spellwars
    http://www.tenfingersclub.com/2009/03/02/my-indie-life-rcloud-software/

...and the various links off that page have other info as well. The later article has some screenshots, and if you look closely you can see the current art is "borrowed" from Magic:The Gathering cards, among other places. It is time to get some original art now. :D

I also have more info posted on a Ning group, if you decide to contribute I'll send you an invite so you can interact with the rest of the team, and get more background info.

In terms of compensation, I will probably do typical freelance cash-and-carry for the spell art and UI design. The server piece is more of an investment for both sides, so that will likely require the person to take an equity stake. To set expectations, I am funding this off personal fumes, I do not have massive cash to invest, and I have my expectations set appropriately.

I am more than happy to do a work trade for any of the work I need, I have extremely solid engineering skills and can make useful contributions to just about any project. My resume is online at:

www.rcloudsoftware.com/resume/ryan_resume.pdf

If you are interested in contributing to the project in any way, please contact me at ryan at rcloudsoftware dot com. In addition to the key pieces listed, I am in pretty constant need of people to discuss game mechanics, playtest, provide feedback...and all the other many little things it takes to make a game successful.

Thanks
    Ryan

2. indyraider4

indyraider4 Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Why don't you try to publish through freeverse. They can help on on all of that, while you can still help out and work hard on it, and their great brand name guarantees a hit!

3. mommagamehouse

mommagamehouse Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    CEO
    india
  4. Silver Josh

Silver Josh Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    quote...you should try with Freeverse.