Universal Spellsword Cards: Demontide (by One Up Plus)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Apr 4, 2019.

1. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Yes, I've had it crash on my iPad Air after hitting the Quest button, too.

2. Arthurbodhi

Arthurbodhi Active Member

May 28, 2018
    Male
    Can you report this to the app discord channel please. (You can access from the games Options menu pushing the exclamation sign.) Thanks.

3. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    #43 anthony78, Apr 6, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
    *deleted*

4. RichardC

RichardC Active Member

Mar 12, 2011
    I’m level 4 and I’m completely stuck. The 3 open quests are all level 4 and are destroying me. I’ve played them all multiple times and it’s not close.

I can beat the first 2 jobs, but at 33xp it’s going to take me 60+ fights to level. Even for someone used to grinding that seems ridiculous.

I have plenty of gold but the cards for sale aren’t changing my deck enough to matter.

Did I miss something? I did multi class - Warrior 2, Necro 2 - was that my mistake? Should I restart and focus on one class?

The cards I have access to have 0 chance of beating the open quests.

Thanks for any advice. Really like this game, but forced to stop by the difficulty and the ridiculous amount of grinding necessary.

5. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Yeah I’d say maybe got a bad draw of cards from your split class?

I absolutely love this game. It’s made my screen time go up exponentially haha. I’m currently level 5 warrior but can’t wait to try splitting classes and exploring more options!

One quick question. I beat all of the puzzles will there be more later possibly?

One more quickie. Does the Arena currently give rewards? If so what’s the breakdown. I’m currently 4-0 and want to keep going but if it’s just for shits and giggles I’ll just go back to the solo which is exactly what I was looking for. The artwork and story are perfect enough bite sized and beautiful. Fantastic job devs!

6. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Yeah I’ve been struggling with the battles since level 4 as well. And agree that the amount of experience grinding especially those contracts is way too low.

Did get past one level 4 battle but seems to be just a case of luck.

7. mastery51

mastery51 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Does anybody know how to kill this thing, with a warrior class?
    There doesn’t seem to be any card or arrangement of cards strong enough in the warrior class to combat this creature’s ice wall defense. It Creates a new ice wall every other turn. After a while the ice walls start attacking.
    [​IMG]

8. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    #48 Son of Anarchy, Apr 8, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
    I’ve made it the furthest putting all levels into the Monk. He/She has their own weapon that never expires so you never have to worry about adding any weapon cards into your deck at all if you like.

Admittedly it only deals 2 damage but after a few levels you can attack three times each turn. Add a x2 damage per hit potion etc, and the Monk takes everyone out to dinner.

Plus, without those pesky weapons, you’ll have extra space in your deck for other types of spells, summons and damage dealing or healing cards. I keep a mixture of crushing, slashing, necro etc.

I agree with everyone about the balance being off a little between level ups. After level 5, each battle is almost like a puzzle that you need to specifically adjust your deck for. I don’t think there is any ‘one’ powerful deck that could handle every single enemy type. Whenever you lose a fight it says ‘maybe you should tweak your deck a bit’ and it ain’t kidding.

aconfusedkender likes this.
  9. aconfusedkender

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Yeah I agree with the above. I’ve figured out that you can’t expect your deck to carry you all the way without some tweaks. I am playing straight warrior as well and almost level 6. I’ve had to make 3 completely different decks so far. One was just for flying enemies that I had a lot of so I made a ranged deck with some guards and ended up beating it. Currently I’m stuck on the Hydra battle. I’ve gotten really really close to beating it but got caught up in some bad RNG.

Still a very fun game.

The gauntlet mode is a StS take of the game which is fun and cool that they added that in. Needs some crust cut off the edges for the sandwich to taste better but still awesome to see.

Also there is an arena mode which is like a typical Hearthstone arena mode but you go against NPCs.

I had said something earlier about rewards if you beat the other game modes. Thinking about it further I don’t know what the rewards could be since the game is not F2P. Maybe some achievements would be cool then? Let’s say for getting X amount of wins on an Arena?

Just a thought. Back to the fun

10. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Guys how many cards do you use in your deck? Approximately?

11. aconfusedkender

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    #51 aconfusedkender, Apr 8, 2019
    Bro if I could make a suggestion. Slice about 1/3-1/2 of that deck to make it more accommodating. Since 98% of the turns you only get one card you need to make sure you get something useful every time. Especially on that fight. I did it with my level 4 warrior at the time but I sliced my deck all the down to like 25-28 cards I think. Also having in some cards that do 6 damage (acid potion or that spear you throw for 6 damage) helps you take board control early. You have to make sure he doesn’t have enough minions to proc the 6 damage so take out your fluffers like the 0 cost 1/3 or the 1 cost 1/4 also the weapons that only do 2 damage. They will all net you nothing in this kind of battle. The weapon that does 3 damage and an additional 3 if they are 3hp or lower takes those things out in 1 shot BUT you might try to change your skill set up as well so you can multistrike for board or whatever you need to do

Hope that helps! And good luck

Son of Anarchy and Talbs like this.
  12. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    I try never to go over 25 cards. Which is really, really hard because there’s so many well designed cards in this game.

sakara214ever likes this.
  13. aconfusedkender

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Yeah I definitely try to keep it under 30 for sure. Some of the longer drawn out battles are more of less +-5. Some of the battles the enemy only has a few cards and are easier to take on with a longer deck.

There are a TON of unique cards and well designed cards.

On that note(not sure if it’s been mentioned) maybe the dev can put in some better card categories like “Ninja” cards. Other than the name i.e. Izunagi, I don’t know what is considered a “Ninja” weapon or summon.

sakara214ever likes this.
  14. mastery51

mastery51 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    #54 mastery51, Apr 8, 2019
    Thanks for suggestion aconfusedkender. Yeah that was my larger deck in the picture. I already do have a smaller deck mainly because the game suggests it in a pop up when you lose. Unfortunately I still can’t seem to get the upper hand. My smaller deck has about 25 card.
    It consists of the several direct damage cards like the spear, the acid vial, 2 crafted fire bombs, 1 flask of fire, a few ranged weapons, a few summon guards only, I also have the caltrops, and the soul drain.

I thinking it might not be the deck but maybe the level of my warrior I am not fully level 4 warrior, I am actually a level three with a level 1 priest. I was thinking it would unlock some more spell cards for my warrior to use but it didn’t. So know I believe I am at a bottle neck and I can’t get enough xp to fix it. The bounty jobs give very little reward and losing a game doesn’t give you any partial xp either. So I seem to be stuck for now, untill I get enough xp from the bounty jobs or I could just start over.

15. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I beat it by spamming my summons ahead of theirs. My summons generally were more powerful and I was able to outlast him by me attacking / boosting my attack power and then playing more and more summons. There's also an 8 damage to all summons spell card that is extremely useful.

I have a mixed deck using Warrior2, Mage1, and Monk1. Those classes had the most appealing cards. I try to keep my deck around 25 cards. I'm tempted to add more but it gets too messy. I noticed that lots of powerful enemies also run out of standard cards and can only spam their special skills so sometimes it's about holding out until they run out.

---

Also it seems bounties can give out rewards (or a milestone achievement?). I got an awesome summon card that after 6 turns you get a 3 mana summon monster Demonic RIft that is 6/24 and has guard. Very powerful especially if you play the card early. I saw the enemy use that on me once and using that card, the opponent was able to stall another 3-4 turns.

16. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
  17. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    I really like this game but it's so ridiculously difficult so early on that I'm really about to give it up. I've been able to get to Warrior 3 but can't even beat the first couple rounds with the other classes. And how do you create a mixed deck? When you hardly have any summons cards how are you supposed to summon anything? Very frustrating.

18. aconfusedkender

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Yeah I had that issue early on with the warrior that I never got but a couple summons so I tweaked my deck to be life gain and damage like crazy. Skill that did and extra attack and a damage boost pot. I took out all but my guard dudes as summons so they could buy me turns and used my direct damage spells to use when needed.

19. aconfusedkender

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    I don’t think that the bounty fights were there to gain XP for levels. I think it’s there more for “Hey I have this deck idea I want to try” and you have a small chance for an actual reward so I think it’s a super awesome addition. Once you hit level 3 the XP gain from it is obsolete in a manner but like L.L said up there you can pick up some cool stuff for a fight that could be fun and challenging. You lose nothing for trying.

20. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Summons are great and I think the mage has plenty of good ones. If you pile on summons, most enemies have trouble with it (same to you, if there's a lot of summons on the field it's hard to win). Mixing the Warrior and Mage is a good start imo. Then I did monk as a backup melee class in case I don't have any weapon draws.