Universal Spellsword Cards: Demontide (by One Up Plus)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Apr 4, 2019.

1. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Really liking the look and feel of this one on the large iPad Pro.
    The biggest draw for me was that it is a single player offline game and a one off purchase.
    It also has a slider for the music volume as well as screen rotation, and I appreciate devs that include those two features so much that I am going to buy the game for including them. :D

Another favourite card battler game of mine that you guys might like is Spectromancer HD. Also can be played offline and it is premium and has a couple of dlc’s to buy.

2. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Oh wow I miss spectromancer! (More so kard combat to be honest). From what I recall spectromancer used to be on iPhone, but now when I check it seems to be iPad only. So strange they did that. I think it got knocked off iphone (and iPAD) a while ago in the 64 bit apocalypse, and they must’ve lately renewed the iPad version but not iPhone for some reason.

3. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    i'm seeing it right now available also for iPhone...

4. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Can you post a link? I seriously don’t see it in my App Store and a google search leads me to an iPad only page.

Attached Files:

5. Gwarmaxx

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    #25 Gwarmaxx, Apr 5, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
    you don't have to search it as HD, that's obviously the iPad version, its name is Spectromancer.

anyway, here it is the link > https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/spectromancer/id551013782?mt=8

edit> oh, a tip for cases like this: click on the iPad version (if you find only that one), then on the dev link under the name of the game or above the icon, and you'll see all available versions there.

6. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011

Attached Files:

7. Gwarmaxx

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    oh, i see... that's the only version available, not updated for 64 bit.

i've cheked on a desktop iTunes and it's available to buy there, so i assumed it could be downloaded also on a device, didn't see the date of last update.

8. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    #28 Son of Anarchy, Apr 5, 2019
    Edit: question was already answered.

9. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Hours in and this game is still great. New cards add more and more variation. Some wishlist stuff:

1) Remove the "zoom-in on your card hand" feature after every time you play a card. It blocks the UI of your hero and also requires an extra tap to dismiss the zoomed cards. Removing this would make the game play much smoother.

2) Rarity visuals on cards (diamonds, symbols, etc). I can see why you might remove that so everything looks equal but imo the rarity is a way for people to easily see which cards are the best especially in games with very many cards. You want to see which ones are the treasured cards and the most powerful cards quickly.

3) A redesign of the deck builder screen. Very hard to navigate your own built decks and the buttons for save/load are very confusing, with even no option to "cancel" once you've clicked on one deck.

4) Stats screen: Something that would list number of battles, battles won, cards played, favorite cards, etc. For these games, stat tracking is a way to grow a bigger attachment to the game and see how much you've invested into it.

5) Lastly, more sound effects. I need some more "Omph!" and sounds for buttons, taps, battle engagements, etc.

Early reviews on the appstore are very positive but some do agree that there could be some more polish to this already impressive game!

Ijipop and stubbieoz like this.
  10. Defard

Defard Well-Known Member

May 25, 2011
    UK
    Are you sure it’s a bug? It could be that the opponent has used a power that stops you from being able to attack them.

Great game btw....think that some of the opponents are overpowered when you get to level 4 though!

11. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Thumbs up for (1) & (5). I totally agree for (1). And also the chime music when you win it's not very good. You could add something more clear, more happy, more enthusiastic.

stubbieoz likes this.
  12. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Had another issue today where this time it actually showed the little blue glow around me meaning I should be able to attack. Pulled the line to an enemy and it did nothing at all. There are bugs with the game. Not all the time but they are there.

And no, I did not have a status effect like the chains over me that would prevent me from an attack.

Oh and forgot to mention one time I had a health potion card as the cursor to drag around for some odd reason and it again did nothing.

13. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    #33 L.Lawliet, Apr 5, 2019
    Oh yeah! I forgot to mention that chime. The music in the game sounds great and sharp then the victory chime sounds really bad and choppy.. Not sure why.

Not sure if the devs will read the messages here, may have to talk to them on Discord. It's a lovey game so I'd be happy if the implemented at least some polishing requests.

stubbieoz likes this.
  14. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    If you have some time join the discord server the dev is very active there :)

15. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Thanks. Just posted over there.

sakara214ever likes this.
  16. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    The hand drawn artwork filling my screen from edge to edge is beautiful.

sakara214ever likes this.
  17. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Ended up unlocking the whole game today sort of “by mistake” as I was trying to figure out how much it was and kept my thumb on the iPhone home button.. haha! However I read the comments hear and so many of the commentators here I truly trust and it seems that this is an amazing game for $2.99 with tons of variety! I’m a fan of premium games and never played that many card games.

I have lost portal but haven’t played it much yet and be haven’t but any expansions.

I’ve downloaded Star Relams many times but never played it... I’m a bit confused on Star realms IAPs and can’t tell what all the IAPs are beyond full unlock and all the extras like gambit set, cosmic gambit, colony wars, etc... it seems to have so many IAPs that I just don’t get it and I don’t want to get to involved and find out I need to keep buying IAPs etc...

I’m going to set out on this new adventure!

L.Lawliet likes this.
  18. Arthurbodhi

Arthurbodhi Active Member

May 28, 2018
    Male
    Anyone else have some random crashes sometimes when the quests list button is pressed? I have and iPad 2017.

19. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    I have the same iPad but have not tested it there yet. Will report back if i see something

20. Arthurbodhi

Arthurbodhi Active Member

May 28, 2018
    Male
    Don’t happen always but yes very often, here I put a video where I try to reproduce the crash repeatedly pressing the quests button in several locations with success to reproduce just in a minute.

I also report the crash to the discord channel in a hope to resolve it.