Spellcrafter: The Path Of Magic, turn-based tactical RPG

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Mike.Jujubee, Jan 9, 2015.

1. Mike.Jujubee

Mike.Jujubee Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2012
    #1 Mike.Jujubee, Jan 9, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
    I am happy to announce our new game, Spellcrafter: The Path Of Magic, turn-based tactical RPG, is coming soon (Q1 2015!) to iOS, Android and Windows Phone! Below you'll find the description of the game and a few early screenshots. Cheers!

“Magic is not an art or religion. Magic is a craft.

Experience an amazing and unforgettable adventure set in a dark fantasy universe!

Spellcrafter: The Path of Magic is an RPG game with deep tactical turn-based combat and a unique spell casting system. Explore the magical world, collect gold, interact with NPCs, take quests and make moral choices! Recruit heroes, assemble and summon powerful troops and send them into battle!

The unique feature of Spellcrafter: The Path of Magic is the spell casting system. The game recognizes the sign you draw on the screen and automatically chooses the appropriate spell from the spellbook. If you don’t remember the correct sign you are able to consult the spellbook, but beware! Reaching for the spellbook takes additional time and the quicker you cast your spell, the more powerful it will be!

The game is divided into 3 acts. Each act tells a part of a compelling and magical story about the nature of reality, power and morality. Additionally each of them features 3 levels with a different setting and a different playable character (human, necromancer, elf).”

Spellcrafter: The Path of Magic will be a Premium Game (no IAPs, no F2P mechanics) available in English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Russian and Polish.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Turnbased is always good, and I like the environment shown in the screenshots.
    So, bookmarked; will keep an eye on it.

3. Jim Shorts

Jim Shorts Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2014
    Virginia
    Um, yea... I'll picking this one up.

4. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Completely beautiful! How much will this cost?

5. WaveLightGames

WaveLightGames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Looks really nice. Reminds of heroes of might and magic.

6. Mike.Jujubee

Feb 23, 2012
    I will keep you posted as the price is still unknown, but should be pretty attractive;). The game will be out in Q1, so it's just matter of weeks now before we will have all the info. Cheers!

7. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Looks good and sounds good, how deep is it strategically? A lot of these games have let me down by having dummed down combat.

8. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Awesome video. Can't wait

9. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Instant buy. Turn based, tactical and fantasy, like D&D on the go for me!

10. Mike.Jujubee

Feb 23, 2012
    I think we'll post a newer video closer to the release, however the combat mixes a few mechanics and you get:

- different troops with different combat style, stats, etc.
    - magical cards with specific spells
    - spells (that you draw on the screen)
    - special abilities for each kind of unit
    - special abilities for your character

What's more your playable heroes can hire different kinds of troops and the combat arenas are also varied, with obstacles, bridges, fences, walls, etc., so in general there are many tactics you can use and a lot of stuff to unlock in matter of abilities, etc.;).

11. Mike.Jujubee

Feb 23, 2012
    And it's official! Spellcrafter: The Path of Magic, the epic turn-based RPG title for iOS, is coming to the App Store on April 16th, 2015! The game will be available for the promotional price of $2,99 and will be a Premium title (no IAPs, no F2P mechanics)!

On this occasion we made the decision to release a new video trailer (it is available in 60p, so make sure to watch it on YouTube in Full HD) showing the unedited gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUSLtigXqKQ

Hope you'll enjoy the game when it's out!

12. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Thanks a lot for the update, marked!

13. Jim Shorts

Jim Shorts Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2014
    Virginia
    Take my money.

14. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
  15. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    Wait, this is coming to iOS?

Allow me to find my wallet and begin throwing it at my iPad. I cannot wait for this!