Universal Spellbinders (by Kiloo)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Nachtfischer

Nachtfischer Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2013
    Game Designer
    Germany
    It's interesting that you would want there to be something else. It's kind of funny, because I'd indeed say that grinding for "+1" on your power level is "anything but fun". It just pretends to be, it makes your brain think it's being productive whereas it's actually not learning anything new (which would result in actual fun).

2. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    #22 ste86uk, Apr 28, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
    I know what you mean and I do still play for fun. I'm use to grinding from all the years of WoW I played but it is nice to still feel like your working for something as the league is just about whoever plays most really.

What I would like to know is how people have already unlocked the other Titans and skins for them given their cost?

3. Nachtfischer

Nachtfischer Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2013
    Game Designer
    Germany
    That's an issue I completely agree with by the way. It's madness to have a supposedly competitive ranking system where you can't ever lose points. I wonder if it's just because I'm in a special "newbie league" as a new player (like rank 25-20 in Hearthstone where you don't lose ranks ever). But if it stays like that forever, the game makes no sense competitively.

4. Boobi

Boobi Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Earning money
    BC, Canada
    I guess sime had their beta accounts carried over? I asked about it.

5. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Mine got reset and they did say in the beta thread it would all be reset

6. Kiloo_Jeppe

Kiloo_Jeppe Well-Known Member

Hi everyone!

Thanks for the warm reception of Spellbinders - we're super excited that it's finally out there for everyone to play. We're seeing a big Editor's Choice banner on the US App Store which hopefully means a lot more Spellbinders to play against this weekend.

We have a lot of plans for updates to Spellbinders already (we will obviously add more Titans and Units), but if you have any suggestions, be sure to let us know. A lot of people are asking for the ability to change their name, so we are working hard on getting that in soon.

If you're looking for a quick explanation of the basics of Spellbinders, check out Gibbs' video:

7. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    I'm enjoying the hour or so I've played so far, it gets pretty fast and furious against other players and there is quite a bit of skill needed to time your attacks or save that certain spell for the right moment.
    So far, so good.
    I hope more people try it out.

8. JubJubBird

JubJubBird Active Member

Jun 30, 2009
    Fun game. Two suggestions:

1. Completely agree with the ranking comments. If you can't lose stars, it's a grindfest and not a competition. And I don't invest in grindfests.

2. The consumables don't bother me too much. One thing to consider is to have a permanent IAP option for the green/blue crystals and the consumable units. This way competitive players could be on the same playing field with a one-time purchase.

Assuming leagues get fixed, I would pay $20-$30 to be fully competitive in this game. But the league structure is gamebreaking IMO.

9. xxteargodxx

xxteargodxx Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Male
    NJ
    Just popping by to say a few things.

I am REALLY enjoying the game so far, as with others I too am surprised there's no separate leagues for differently ranked players. Or even a loss of stars or some kind of punishment for losing a match.

Other than that I'm really enjoying the game my only gripes are I get frequent disconnecting & bad connections no idea why my internet connection is rock solid and I don't encounter errors in other apps.

As of this morning I'm getting 'Error Something went wrong' each time I open the app but I've restarted the iPad and it's working for now, fingers crossed.

10. Slate

Slate Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2015
    Game Taster
    Wisconsin
    I really want to this game but there are serious connection issues. I will keep it installed as long as I have space on my device but doubt that will last long.

11. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    The connection issues are seriously terrible and I know it's not my end

12. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    Yeah, its a decent game and kinda fun, but I did have to delete it due to slow servers and connection issues..

13. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Can't even play today just errors each time I try.

14. Kiloo_Jeppe

Kiloo_Jeppe Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

As you have noticed, we've had a lot of server issues over the weekend. Pretty bad timing on an opening weekend - some of the issues have been fixed, but we're still working on improving it.

In regards to the leagues and competitiveness - we have a few changes coming in the first update. We hope to add national and global leaderboards and possibly a different way to show skill (one that will go up when you win and down when you lose, as you have requested).

15. IPlayGame

IPlayGame Well-Known Member

May 29, 2015
  16. xxteargodxx

Jan 11, 2011
    Male
    NJ
    Started up the game this morning, nothing but 'Time Out' errors only thing that seems to fix it is restarting my iPad. Did that once in the morning and was able to play after but got connection issues throughout an entire game right after.

I start up the game now to play again and again I'm getting 'Time Out' Errors. I'm close to uninstalling this game from my iPad.

Will definitely be giving it 1 stars on the app store until bugs are fixed.

17. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    With the issues I've had to change the rating also I enjoyed the game much more during beta testing. Now all it feels like is I need to play endlessly with a Titan I don't plan to use just to unlock the one I actually want who's price has increased massively.

Loading times between startup and end of matches could do with speeding up also there's too much waiting around.

18. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Theres a soft launch of plants vs zombies heroes which is a turn based lane battler. The core gameplay is excellent, but the devs seem to have lost their way when it comes to the competitive multiplayer trappings, much like the devs here seem to have done.

19. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    That's just one game though not saturated, certainly aren't as many of these as other types.

Things do seemed to have died down here, during beta I thought this could end up being a great game and still hope they manage to work out the kinks with the servers and give the game some love and changes

20. xxteargodxx

Jan 11, 2011
    Male
    NJ
    I'm starting to assume this game is incredibly bugged. While I haven't had much problems since the last time I posted I'm looking at the 'Weekly League' and I've been in first place the entire time with a mere 36 stars.

Everyone else remains at 0..