Speedball 2 Evolution by Vivid Games

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by goiMot, Oct 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elnombre

elnombre Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Nothing pisses me off more than poor PR. whatever the reason for the delay, not giving any official word whatsoever when people are waiting with their cash in hand is inexcusable. If we don't hear anything by the 1st, **** it, I'll be too busy playing Fight Night.

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I 100% remember this. I used to play the Amiga version tons, but a few years ago i got addicted to Speedball II all over again and played it non stop on a Megadrive (Genesis) emulator until i won the league.

Yep basically you can freeze all the players, quickly run round picking up coins and then throw it in the goal for an easy point.

Just hope this games as playable, and i just hope it gets released soon !

3. casualty

casualty Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2010
    I wonder if they are holding back for an "attention grabbing" GDC release?
    The PR fail is pretty disappointing.

4. Dienekes

Dienekes Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    This is a real bummer. Lack of an update is really disappointing. This seems to be becoming par for the course for iPhone games. Lots of vaporware and unexplained delays for lots of titles. I don't get it...

5. VividGames

VividGames Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Game developer
    Poland
    Speedball out now

Speedball 2 Evo has just been processed to App Store and should be available any minute now!

6. Since87

Since87 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2010
    lol.. hows THAT for pr?

7. Paradiso

Paradiso Well-Known Member

Downloading, impressions soon.

8. magihiro

magihiro Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Out in US, too!

9. casualty

Mar 24, 2010
    That is very random PR. still, downloading

10. VividGames

VividGames Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Game developer
    Poland
    The official announcement will be out soon - just letting you know guysas first before official stuff :)

11. Paradiso

Paradiso Well-Known Member

Played a little bit, and I like it so far. Graphics are nice, nothing ground breaking, but they look good. Sounds are good too, pretty much what you'd expect.

My biggest complaint is controls though. The virtual stick is in the way, it should be smaller and have a transparency adjuster. Tilt control just doesn't feel natural to me. The main mechanic, shooting the ball, takes a little getting used to. Theres only one stick to you aim the direction your moving, making it difficult to aim accurately. You get used to it, but it just feel like it could be polished more.

From what I've played so far, not very much, I'm not dissaponted by it. The gameplay is fun and it does more right than wrong.

12. Dienekes

Dienekes Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    It's good. In fact it's REALLY good! Agree about the transparency for the joystick though, and I wish it would stay fixed in on spot. Very minor gripes though. Hopefully these options will be in an update.

There is a TON of stuff in this one. Wow! Blown away... Worth the wait. This is a deep game. I am in love.

13. casualty

Mar 24, 2010
    Big fan of the loading sound - it been a number of years since i heard a disk drive!