Out Now Speed Demons (by Radiangames)

Discussion in 'Apple Arcade' started by Boardumb, Sep 18, 2019.

1. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    The more I play the more I realize how amazing this game is. Sure, my overall completion is only 20% and I got 100+ stars out of (im)possible 500, but I'm enjoying it even more than when I started. I expect the difficulty to ramp up eventually, but so far it's absolutely balanced and enjoyable. And most importantly, this is easily becoming my favorite game from Radiangames. Slydris had a good run, but this is truly on another level. What a gem!

2. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    What level is everyone’s sensitivity on? I was finding it very twitchy but turned it down and it seems easier to control now.

3. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @ste86uk I have no problem with controls, so I didn't have a need to adjust it. Hence, default settings for me. Works just fine.

ste86uk likes this.
  4. Morbus Iff

Morbus Iff Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Default setting here too. I was all over the place when I started, yes, but now I'm weaving in and out like butterfly kisses.

ste86uk likes this.
  5. leogodoy

leogodoy Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2010
    Journalist
    SP
    FOR SCIENCE/Rally: Might need to adjust the difficulty on this one, I’m getting 3 stars on every level but this one (can’t even finish 99% of the time, got greedy on that 1% and wrecked the car seconds before the end of the 2’ countdown)

Attached Files:

6. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @leogodoy I see you're enjoying the game to the fullest. Pretty impressive stats! :eek: I envy you. But, I'm slowly getting there myself too. With emphasis on slowly though :rolleyes:

leogodoy likes this.
  7. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Just give the game some more time and I’m actually really enjoying this now, I’ve definitely improved and some cars are so much better to handle than others especially after an upgrade. Although I’ve only done 1 upgrade on each so far.

But in progress it says I’ve unlocked 3 cars but have 58/111 stars? I think it’s changing as I level up and unlock more though? My favourite so far was playing as an enforcer having that ability to drop those spikes?

8. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @ste86uk with each level gained you're unlocking more challenges, hence the star increase. If you take a look at chapters there's required player level to unlock them on the right as well as amount of stars. For example, when you get 100 stars, first bonus appendix unlocks at the bottom.

ste86uk likes this.
  9. leogodoy

Apr 13, 2010
    Journalist
    SP
    I am addicted to it, mate! :D

10. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Is there a way to unlock cars I’ve missed? I’m just playing all the levels one after another and getting 3 stars on each but the region I’m doing now says choice of 5 but I only have 2 of those choices unlocked?

11. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @ste86uk you didn't miss anything. Cars are unlocked as you progress. And important thing is, you're not unlocking better cars all the time. Or superior to previous one. So for example 10th car you unlock may be the slowest one yet and goes straight to 1st spot in your garage.

When you have more cars, you can go back and replay the stage with different vehicle if you have difficulty to 3-star it with what you've got so far.

ste86uk likes this.
  12. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Thought this was absolutely bobbins for the first ten minutes or so of play. Came very close to deleting it if I’m honest but it just kept dragging me back and then something clicked and now I’m loving it to bits.

I’ve now worked out that by estimating I’d happily pay a fiver or more for the golf one (name escapes me sorry) and this one, plus the month free membership I’m now effectively in profit.

andsoitgoes likes this.
  13. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I had the exact same with trying it and nearly deleting it and then something just pulling me in and it clicking with me to be so good.

Although I have to admit sometimes the physics really irritates me, especially on escape if you get boxed in as I’ve literally had to quit a game because I was forever being pushed backwards and nothing I could do about it. But that’s very rare the games still amazing.

andsoitgoes likes this.
  14. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @ste86uk you can always do something.. first of all, if you're stuck you can reset your car (the icon in the upper left corner) and second, you can nudge by tapping if your car is laying on the side for example. I've never had to quit the game.

15. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    I just unlocked this thing. Mono, which is pretty much Formula 1 and its handling is totally bonkers. Racing with it puts the game to another level. I love it :)

andsoitgoes likes this.
  16. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    In profit *this month*!

andsoitgoes likes this.
  17. radiangames

radiangames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Sep 24, 2011
    Game Developer
    United States
    Thanks, I'll check it out. There are a couple other events that will receive tweaks in 1.1 (coming in October). Version 1.1 will also have a new Chapter (5 new vehicles, 20+ events, etc).

Sorry version 1.0.1 isn't out yet. I bugged Apple about it again yesterday. Hopefully out ASAP, and future updates will hopefully have a shorter review time.

andsoitgoes, ste86uk and leogodoy like this.
  18. leogodoy

Apr 13, 2010
    Journalist
    SP
    Wow, new chapter, cool! I’m missing that one race I can’t even finish and upgrading to 3 stars in 2 other races:

Attached Files:

ste86uk likes this.
  19. radiangames

radiangames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Sep 24, 2011
    Game Developer
    United States
    Wow, that's very impressive!

leogodoy likes this.
  20. macplash