iPhone Spectromancer HD - by Three Donkeys

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by sladeums, Aug 26, 2012.

1. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Hey Estarh,

Is it safe to assume Kingdoms and Dynasties is being developed for the iOS platform now as well?

2. Estarh

Estarh Member

Aug 31, 2012
    Hi. Never heard about this project.

3. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Sorry, I thought that was the name of the upcoming PC expansion with 4 new classes (like the Cultist and War Cleric).

4. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Wanting the best of everything, I'd love to see something like a scored survival deal in which the player sees how many wizards in a row he can defeat with fun Campaign/League match modifiers (starts the match with this special creature/land) for each fight. To make it even more replayable the opposing wizards and their match modifiers will be randomly paired each run through (fighting Joe the Mechanic will not always mean a match with both players start with less life). If setup well it will be much easier to add new match modifiers and classes with each expansion, no need to start each time from scratch.

5. Jambo

Jambo Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2012
    Nice idea. I like it!

6. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    The campaign mode of this game is amazing. Currently playing more than 5 hours non stop on campaign mode with different wizard type.
    During campaign, the game quits by itself sometime. It happens three times. But every time I return to the game, it starts on the same place and able to continue without any problems. I don't know what's the cause of this.

I want this too!!!

7. webdaffy

webdaffy Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2009

me too !!

this would triple the fun & replay value of this little gem

8. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    I really love this game. It's fun just playing through the campaign with each different class...they all have different play strategies.

One thing I wish they'd add, however, is a campaign that includes some of the Wizards from the Tournament mode. A lot of those have their own special battles and things like in the Campaign, but you never see them except in that specific mode.

The balance is also a bit shifty at times, even on normal. But I guess that's part of the challenge.

9. Estarh

Estarh Member

Aug 31, 2012
    Next PC expansion will be "Gathering of Power".
    Yes, it will be available in iOS version too.
    One of new classes will be available for free, three another will require $1.99 to unlock.

10. Gathering of Power expansion....sweet..this game just keeps getting better and better. So far been playing in multiple times daily since it's iOS release.

11. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I do love how you folk have consistently made the class specific skills so unique to each class. The idea of the self mutilating cultists and blood powered vampires should provide some cool tweaks.

Are any of the expansion classes worked into league or the campaign?

12. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    Just wondering, how to defeat Velana (cleric) in hard/very hard mode with demonologist? It seems impossible (trying like 20+ times, always failing - until switch it to normal mode).

13. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Am I right in assuming turning up the difficulty means greater fame if I succeed in a match of the campaign?

14. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Does the AI just play smarter or do they get big resource bonuses in the higher difficulty settings?

15. JazzFish

JazzFish Active Member

Answering a bunch of questions. :)

I'd expect to see them in League of Heroes since I think that's just a random AI mage and a random weird rule for the duel? I haven't played a lot of League.

As for the campaign, you can play it with any mage you want. The specific encounters haven't changed since the original release (with only the six basic mages) and I'd be surprised if it changed any for this expansion.

(This is not entirely true; you used to unlock cards for use in the campaign as you played through it, although all cards were always available in multiplayer. Now all cards are available in campaign and some of them get upgrades when you win battles.)

Which one is Velana?

That I don't know, I don't know how the fame is calculated.

They play smarter and in some of the matches the starting position favors them. Like, in the mission with the Marching Stones (99 health, immune to spells, at end of turn moves one space left), on the hardest difficulty they're arranged so that the AI's creatures get free shots at you and you can't hit them back 2/3 of the time. Playing the campaign on Hard gets you some matches that are somewhere between 'unfair' and 'bloody impossible.'

16. JohnSimond

JohnSimond Active Member

Sep 6, 2012
    iPad version is so much better!! Awesome game!

17. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    I'm not sure, but I think the harder AI is smarter.

Velana is the one that we have to keep our Minotaur Commander (6/20) alive while there's a Troll in font of it.
    The problem is that Velana has Divine Justice (deals 12 damage) and in harder AI, she can instantly kills Minotaur in 3 or 4 turns.

Velana is definitely the 'bloody impossible' hard quest (not to mention very hard).
    And I think Jafara, necromancer (the one with 999 life and Altar of Sacrifice) is also that kind of "bloody impossible" hard quest too.

18. Estarh

Estarh Member

Aug 31, 2012
    It will be possible to play with new class in Campaign/League, but opponents will use old classes.

This opponent is excessively difficult in very hard mode, and very big luck and skill are required to defeat her. We will make this scenario easier in next version.

Both variants.

19. Tango

Tango Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2010
    Are there any tricks to getting local network play to work? It just hangs looking for other player. I have an iPad 2 and iPad 3 both on latest iOS (not jaibroken).

20. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    Have You tried turning wifi off and then turning Bluetooth on? That might help.

I haven't tried the game yet since I'm undecided about getting the iPhone version and scaling up so I don't have to buy the game twice plus the IAP or to just bite the bullet and settle for less online gaming with my iPad.