Spawn Illuminati

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by snoderlye, Dec 11, 2008.

1. snoderlye

snoderlye Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2008
    Female
    WV
    #1 snoderlye, Dec 11, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2008
  2. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    I bought this.. it's kinda fun but very limited... They tout the ability to take a screenshot and make it your background, but by the time you hit the buttons you've missed the cool part...

The directions weren't very clear.. you need to pinch or spread apart your fingers to change the details... Hopefully there will be an update of some sort

3. tosui

tosui Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Toronto, Canada
    It's not a game - it's eye candy. That said, I think it's extremely awesome eye candy! If you're a fan of John Maeda's work, you'll probably like love this. I actually use it a lot when I'm feeling braindead but I want to "play" with something.

It's in the same class of apps as Koi Pond, Fireworks, and iChalky (interactive, fun, simple, pointless & pretty), but more interactive and visually satisfying.

4. AppAttack

AppAttack Well-Known Member

I hate the name because every time I see it I think of the comic book Spawn. I'd absolutely love to see a game come out regarding the early Spawn days. It'd be awesome. As for Spawn Illuminati, it truly is hypnotic...I like apps like this due to the "zone out" feature they create. :)

5. gugmi01

gugmi01 Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2009
    are they ever going to add the effect where the music effects the illuminati? it still says on the discription that it is impossible to do and they are waiting for 3.0.

6. bware218

bware218 Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2009
    software engineer, teacher, musician
    Bay Area, CA
    Agreed this isn't a game per se, but it is an awesome exercise in visual stimulation . . . not a bad pickup if you're wanting to SEE something cool . . . try it out ;)

7. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Wow, bumped a thread from 6 months back. Nice job :D Agreed, though, it's the only entertainment app I come back to. I got sick of Koi Pond after a couple days, but this is totally worth it.

8. gugmi01

gugmi01 Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2009
    thanks haha but even though i did noone answered my question yet lol

9. Rockey04

Rockey04 Well-Known Member

I emailed them asking the exact same question a few weeks back and they said it was a planned feature.

Oh, and by the way, don't bump threads that are this old. Just make a new one!