Universal Sparkwave - A Gorgeous high score game (CM games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by JoshCM, Feb 24, 2016.

1. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    #21 LordShad0wz, Feb 26, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
    Josh,

No need. Just put a simple toggle in options to enable or disable the opt in ads. While I purchased no ads I don't always mind opt in ads in in games that I like if the rewards are good. If you simply have the devs put a toggle it would solve the issue and make everyone happy.

Also purchasing no ads should give us 1 continue ad free. That's how it's being done in their games.

I would also like to request a permanent crystal doubler IAP. I would purchase it. This is a good game. You guys have really been publishing some great stuff! You are attracting great devs!

I really like how the game screen twists around as you play. It really makes it interesting. It gets pretty intense.

Also can you please ask the developer to put in a button to restart a game on the same screen as the continue? I shouldn't have to hit the back button and then start. I won't watch an opt in ad to continue when I paid for no ads. So I'd like a quicker way to simply restart.

Billy

2. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

#22 Anotherkellydown, Feb 26, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
    Permanent upgrades you could buy with crystals would be cool. You could further upgrade those as well. A control method where you slide back and forth to move (to make it more approachable as a 'one handed' game). That may be difficult to implement though.

I haven't seen one pop-up ad & I didn't buy the no ads IAP. Also, sometimes a triangle will appear a few times that you apparently have to tap or you'll die. Is that supposed to be in there? Lol

Forgot one thing; a 'tweet your high score' button since Game Center sucks. :D Only for runs that don't use a continue though ;)

3. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Actually something weird JUST happened. I was playing and I tapped the back button to restart and I got an ad.

It happened earlier but I thought maybe I hit the triangle by accident. I absolutely didn't hit it. So there's definitely something weird going on.

Billy

4. setomoto

setomoto Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2015
    I guess the problem with the continue with ad thing the game has right now is not so much about the ad, but it's just that the button is in your face so much that it breaks my momentum when I just want to quickly restart. I don't mind having no continues at all. Maybe a similarly sized restart button alongside the continue button in the death screen?

Or, Another way of continuing the game for people who paid the ads-free version could be using coins earned.

5. touchy85

touchy85 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2015
    Got the same problem, although I'm not 100% sure I didn't tap it myself.

6. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    these were the things that were just submitted in the update, so that may help a bit:

* Fixed an issue which may cause a crash after video ad viewing.
    * Fixed a bug in restoring bonus data.
    * Fixed Teleport purchase glitch.
    * Teleport price lowered to 500.
    * 5 continues are now given per run.
    * No continue video ads for the Full version.

7. setomoto

setomoto Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2015

Hooray for all these changes! ####

8. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Excellent! These are great changes! Please pass a thank you to the development team. I'll wait for the update to see if the wonky ad thing goes away.

Billy

9. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I just predicted the future.

Exactly what I said would happen, happened. It's nonsense. I played all this time. I got 5k crystals. I pressed that next key to unlock a new spark and my very first unlock is effing pink. Pink.

Billy

10. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Haha! I have the first row and one on the next page. I can tell you what they are if you want. :) But I really like the 6th one (last one on 1st page) ;)

11. protonium

protonium Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Holy shit, this game is obnoxious. There are ads every step of the way to the point where I can't even give the game a proper try to decide if it's worth my time or money or not. Deleted.

12. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    #32 sobriquet, Feb 27, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
    That sucks. I, on the other hand, just played for about thirty minutes and I think I saw one ad. Pretty sure it was voluntary too. And I haven't purchased remove ads.

13. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    There was a glitch with the ads but we submitted a fix for it - should be better as soon as it's approved

14. Chq

Chq Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    Adgame.

15. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    Ok it should be quite a bit better now, the update just came out.
    Give it a try!

16. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    It is!

Way way way way better. Also I haven't gotten anymore ads since the update. So that quirky issue seems resolved.

Giving the ad less continues was a great move. Thank you!

Billy

17. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    Did you purchase the No Ads? Or are you just not getting them?

18. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I am premium all the way. But remmeber even after paying I was getting intermittent ads. I'm no longer getting them.

Billy

19. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    great!