iPad SpaceX update out!

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by organerito, Feb 20, 2009.

1. organerito

organerito Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    #1 organerito, Feb 20, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
    I am updating as I am writing!

2. <Hollister>

<Hollister> Well-Known Member

Dude you don't have to start a new thread everytime an app gets updated.

3. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    Yes he does. Then there's a place to discuss the new features and stuff. (unless it's just bug fixes)

4. Stykman

Stykman Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Beta Tester, Student
    United States
    It added two new guns and now the ship isnt completely covered by finger

5. <Hollister>

<Hollister> Well-Known Member

You can just post in the old thread and discuss there.

6. organerito

Nov 24, 2008
    What's the problem with that? Isn't it a forum to discuss new games and their updates?

if you don't like the thread, why do you bother reading it?
    I don't write that to bother people. I write it for those who want to read it and discuss about it. if nobody cared about it, nobody would answer and that's it.

About the game_____________

I feel like it is not there yet for me. I still feel that the ship is very underpowered. It is still frustrating for me.

7. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
  8. DHrox

DHrox Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    College Student
    Baltimore, MD
    Is there a lite version? I used to play combat space sims and stuff like that. I might be able to help.

9. organerito

Nov 24, 2008
    It was free when it went out. Now, there is only the 0,99 cent version

10. iKoda

iKoda Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Student
    Thanks to Touch Arcade and someone posting in the forums it was free for a limited time I picked it up Free!

Oh. I hate how expensive it is to buy lives... I can't buy any lives... D:

11. FazzyReborn

FazzyReborn Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    This is a pretty nice game in my opinion, I picked it up for free...
    A bit too challenging to play all the time, but a good game to waste time with.
    Worth the $.99 if you like a challenge or a good vertical shooter.

12. KetaraSoft

KetaraSoft Member

Feb 9, 2009
    Hi everyone,

I was just about to add a post to the original thread to mention that an update is out (I am SpaceX's developer), but you guys beat me to it by a long shot. :)

Anyway, just to let you know that a lot of the changes were inspired by the comments from the previous thread here when SpaceX was first released, including better touch controls, the ability to use only touch or only tilt control, more balanced gameplay, etc. Oh, and you can now swipe in any direction to move the ship there, as well.

So thank you for all the comments and feedback, and for trying the game out.

By the way, I am planning to release a lite version a little bit later, so stay tuned. :)

13. ericxd

ericxd Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    can u make a volume adjuster?
    can you make the buy/sell application better...let say u buy a weapon thats on the same mount, can u make the game give use a confirmation and proceed to sell old one and buy new one if we say ok?? i hate the fact that if u buy a weapon the old one is gone automicatically and u waste money...
    can u make a nicer icon?

14. mavis

mavis Well-Known Member

Here's a request that has been repeated in your reviews many times. EASY MODE. PLEASE!!!

Seriously, the game is way too hard in its current form. Your ratings would improve quite a bit if the game had an easy mode, I think. Without even changing speed or weapon power, why not at least make kills worth substantially more than they are now, and maybe even have the ship regenerate between levels without having to pay? I have yet to make it past level six and it's annoying as HELL that I spend what tiny bit of money I get in each round on hull and shields, to compensate for the ridiculously overpowered enemy weapons.

/rant

Seriously, EASY MODE. Lots of people want this, so I imagine it would help your ratings (and in turn your sales) if you would do it. ;)

15. Fome

Fome Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2009
    I believe that you are refunded the value of any weapon you replace...

16. KetaraSoft

KetaraSoft Member

Feb 9, 2009
    Part of it. Each weapon has a buy price and a sell price, and your old weapons are automatically sold (for each level) at that price. So part of the original money is indeed refunded.

17. KetaraSoft

KetaraSoft Member

Feb 9, 2009
    Interesting. :) Somehow I completely missed it (though I did see a couple of people who complained about the game being too *easy*). There's no satisfying you guys. :)

Just kidding. I guess you now know what the next update will bring. :)

18. ericxd

ericxd Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    so what about volume adjuster
    and new icon?

19. KetaraSoft

KetaraSoft Member

Feb 9, 2009
    Possible, depending on how much time that takes.
    By the way, can you tell me what is it that you don't like about the current icon? :)

20. Ph4ntom4

Ph4ntom4 Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    KetaraSoft (I don't like addressing you by your company's name, but I have nothing else :D), there is one major issue which is the price of extra lives? They are always out of budget because they increase in price each level and i've never had enough to buy a new one.