Universal SPACEPLAN (by Devolver Digital)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, May 4, 2017.

1. CzarBrain

CzarBrain Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    #101 CzarBrain, May 9, 2017
    Last edited: May 10, 2017
    What am I doing wrong? Second ending? I'm stuck with a nearly fully built up reearth. 40+ takers and getters. 7.6mw persecond generated and all parts and upgrades...

2. MoHeyNow

MoHeyNow Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Love the game! Enjoying it a lot and I guess I'll probably get to play longer than most cause I made it quite a ways and get just a black screen like others have complained about :-(

3. gquiller

gquiller Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    I'm not much of a tapper. Is there a multiplier that can be created?

4. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    There really isn't much tapping. It's all about choosing methods that gather automatically and upgrading them.

5. HotHamBoy

HotHamBoy Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2015
    Just completed it. Watched the ending twice :)

It's a fun and charming little thing. Very short, honestly, I was able to complete it in less than 24 hours without much actual playtime. I think it's worth $3 as an experience but the value relative to other mobile games is obviously not there.

I suppose it's all about how you value an experience. $11 to see a movie at the theater? $3 to rent one? Or $3 to play this game, which is a much better experience than most movies, even if the experiences aren't really comparable.

I paid $15 to play Journey which took about 90 minutes. I think $3 is fine if you know what you are getting.

6. gquiller

gquiller Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    This^^^

Thank You

7. mj132

mj132 Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Was enjoying this but since the update mine just opens to a black screen

Hope it's fixed soon

8. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    This game is oddly very creepy. Who made this up? Very creative. Very fun. Will probably play it again .....

9. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    I assume you've worked it out by now, but you need to hit the white forcefields with potato wedges.

I love that I just wrote that sentence. What a wonderful game! I generally avoid clickers, as I hate the endless aspect. Even something as charming as Tiny Death Star just petered out for me. Spaceplan, however, is the best clicker I've played since A Dark Room - and they definitely share some DNA. Loved it.

10. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Very enjoyable!.... love their ideas behind it and their concept. Over too quick though, and ending is a bit of a let down I think (is that it?!)
    Thought it would explain more, or have you do something else

11. Georgina

Georgina Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 30, 2010
    Sydney
    I seem to be in the minority in that I didn't like the second half as much as the funny, laid-back first half, but the whole experience was enjoyable. Well worth a play!

Are there any similar games out there? I really like the idea of clicker gameplay interwoven with narrative.

12. ThirdMoon

ThirdMoon Well-Known Member

May 21, 2014
    On sale, at least in the UK appstore. Just bought for £0.99 :D

13. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    This absolute classic has just received a ground up rebuild featuring a design overhaul, improved physics and more music.

tops2 likes this.
  14. hbernritter

hbernritter Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Inventory/Marketing Manager
    Toledo, OH
    I am about to go to the app store meta and you better be right! My heart jumped seeing this back on the front page!! AN ABSOLUTE MUST PLAY IDLE GAME!!!

sebgo and MetaGonzo like this.
  15. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Thanks for the notice. Promptly redownloaded. So far, I’m appreciating the text is larger! Lol

sebgo and MetaGonzo like this.