Universal Space Pioneer: Full Gear (by Vivid Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Royce, May 13, 2020.

1. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Chapter 4 now, Level 17

Quite easy at the moment, actually liking all the upgrades etc. I tend to speed rush a planet to get 3 stars then go back again and take my time as theres often other things to blow up or get coins etc.

But really liking it, so glad the dev did a premium version

Makara Nou and ste86uk like this.
  2. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Played the free version and the main thing I didn’t like was that it’s auto aim so probably will pass on that alone.

Especially coming from a game like Juicy Realm and so many others that do it properly, I just have trouble getting into games without aiming.

3. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Catch 22 for me. I normally dont like auto aim at all but i admit i've got used to it in this one and quite like it

Makara Nou likes this.
  4. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    There are often considerably more enemies and stronger enemies so the aim doesn’t really change much because you have other things to think about with your movement and kiting being primary, also your shooting can overheat so you need to use your movement and shooting effectively. Along with being able to pick 3 pieces of gear to take with you and also use those.

It really doesn’t spoil the game at all and as you’ve seen I play juicy realm too. But not everyone likes everything so maybe it’s not for you but you’ll be missing out.

L.Lawliet and metalcasket like this.
  5. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Absoutely this. I know anthony's already tried the free version, but while the game seems like a DSS at heart, it isn't. Manual aiming alongside the plethora of gameplay mechanics working simultaneously (overheating weapons, turret placement, timed overtaking of posts while being bombarded by enemies, etc.) would be absolute overkill. There's a hidden balance of all parts that's impeccable.

L.Lawliet and ste86uk like this.
  6. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Okay, the game starts off pretty much a walk in the park, but near the end of chapter 4 is where you realize collecting stars (which you require to progress to new planets/chapters) transforms from "Oh, this is one of those piss easy carrot-dangling Earn to Die-type games" to "Let me figure out which class, weapons and perks suit me best when I'm supposed to be out of here in 35 ****ing seconds!". Thought I would breeze through this in one day, but here I am on literally the 1st planet of chapter 5 and I'm hanging up my boots for the day.

ste86uk and L.Lawliet like this.
  7. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Bless you for that. Glad to know I don't have a portable furnace in my pocket during the summer!

On a side note, I'm glad that during the pandemic, we're still getting some great games releasing. Good way to pass the time and chill out.

metalcasket likes this.
  8. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    @metalcasket I’m part way through chapter 5 too and it’s definitely getting harder to meet those time requirements especially. Got 3 stars on everything so far but already in chapter 5 I’ve had 2 missions I didn’t get it in and one of them I replayed 3 times and still couldn’t get the time!

I don’t remember the times to beat being that tough on the f2p version. But it’s a challenge so that’s good rather than it all being easy.

metalcasket likes this.
  9. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    I’m at chapter 10 level 47, and it seems I have unlocked pretty much every weapons, abilities, and gears, except the ray gun.

I would like to ask a question to those who previously played the game.

Does this game get more interesting as the game progress? So far missions are either go there and stay in a circle, or go there and kill the target. With very limited enemy variations, I am quickly loosing interest.

Say will there be more mission variations at later stage of the game, or more unique game play mechanics? Weapons also seem identical. Say I can’t tell the difference between the assault rifle, laser rifle, and the machine gun aside from stats numbers.

10. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I'm loving this game so much. It definitely has that " one more mission" addiction. I can't stop playing!

11. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Totally ! Dont mind all the stuff i have to upgrade and tap on to get coins at all now.

As Jstorm says after a while it gets a bit 'samey' but i must admit this initial runthrough i'm really enjoying it, got my moneys worth big time. Looking forward to using other weapons later

12. Rafal_CM

Rafal_CM New Member

Nov 19, 2015
    CM @ Vivid Games
    Poland
    Hey guys. Happy to see you're enjoying the game. Just wanted to clarify on one point: the Full Gear Edition does have the solo content of the original game and all following updates, minus all the F2P mechanics.

However as identified earlier in the thread, it does not feature co-op or any of the multiplayer modes, it's a strictly solo campaign which can be played offline. The leftover line about co-op in the description is indeed a mistake, and will be removed with subsequent updates.

L.Lawliet, ste86uk and metalcasket like this.
  13. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Thanks for chiming in! :) I have to ask though...would you guys consider switching the app title on our devices (not on the store) under the icon to just "Space Pioneer"? You have this absolutely gorgeous icon and then the not-so-gorgeous "SpacePioneer:..." underneath it. :p

L.Lawliet likes this.
  14. Rafal_CM

Rafal_CM New Member

Nov 19, 2015
    CM @ Vivid Games
    Poland
    Haha, we left the whole thing on devices too? Yes sure, we will change it next update too.

L.Lawliet likes this.
  15. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Haha, awesome! I believe it was actually SpacePioneerFull... previously, actually. :p

EDIT: I think maybe your guys wanted to add the word “Edition” to “Space Pioneer: Full Gear” on the App Store, but actually changed the device title instead? :p

16. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    #36 anthony78, May 14, 2020
    Last edited: May 14, 2020
    With all the positive comments, I may have to give this version a shot. But been spending so much on games the last few weeks. And my wife’s been furloughed from her job from this whole damn virus thing. So on the wish list this will go.

ste86uk likes this.
  17. iCarlosBR

iCarlosBR Active Member

Sep 14, 2015
    This game isnlike Risk of Rain!?

18. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Nowhere close. There is no randomness or weapon/perk pickups.

if anything it’s somewhat closer to Helldivers, just far less chaotic.

19. jdjleo

jdjleo Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Question: are there any plans to add coop or pvp modes to this version? I understand the draw of playing 100% offline but that excludes some like me that don’t play offline games and want to engage other players? Why not include both and make everyone happy?

20. iCarlosBR

iCarlosBR Active Member

Sep 14, 2015
    Thx!