iPad Space Ninja: The Max Payne of retro-arcade games?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by pope22, Dec 30, 2008.

1. pope22

pope22 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2008
    For some reason when I was watching the vid for Space Ninja (a no brainer on release) I couldn't help but think of my first, in game, bullet time experience: Max Payne. That totally changed how the action game played, suddenly you were making awesome Keanu Reeves shots all the time! Space Ninja, from the vid anyway, totally seems to have that, "Wow, how did I make it through that?!" experience.

2. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
  3. underthesun

underthesun Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Hey, developer here. That slowdown thing was a thing I added on a whim, until I realised it made the game quite a lot more enjoyable :D

I submitted it to the app store, but being an australian developer, I had to get contracts done with apple. They need my ABN, etc. Too bad that the tax office is closed until the 5th of jan (dang lazy tax office workers..), so the game won't be out until a while..

But I heard you can still sell without having the contracts done. Can any devs confirm?

btw if anyone's up for early beta testing and helping design some levels, I'm all for it, not sure how ad-hoc development will work though..

4. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

#4 brewstermax, Dec 30, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2008
    Read the sig. I'm open to it. You just sign the build with a specific UDID, which you will need to get from the tester. You just compile and sign. I can walk you through most of it, if you want me to test brewstermax2012@gmail.com

P.S. Have prior experience.

5. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    I would love to help you test what seems to be a promising game :) ive dealt in level design before so ill give my input.
    Email-Charandbagel@gmail.com

6. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Count on me, I'd like to help test the game.

7. Igoo

Igoo Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    I'd be happy to help test too.

8. Eng

Eng Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    I'd love I beta test, this game looks great, but I need an email address to send you my UDID, assuming you want me to test ;)

9. brewstermax

I presume that he will email or PM you. I'd give my email to save the hassle.

10. Tharob

Tharob Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    none
    Heerenveen, The Netherlands
    #10 Tharob, Dec 30, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2008
    if you still are in need i would also love to beta test this game :)

11. pope22

pope22 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2008
    I have absolutely no experience with beta testing iDevice apps, nor do I know what an UDID is, so I'm afraid i'm of no use on the beta fron :( But keep us all informed of it's release status, and count me as one of the first sales!

12. brewstermax

The UDID is the Unique Device IDentifier, and beta testing is simple, but is much easier when you enjoy the style of game. So if this sounds interesting, you just would have to test all of the different parts of the game and email the dev with any improvements or bugs. You can try this one, and just have the dev unauthorize it if you don't like the game.

13. pope22

pope22 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2008
    Well I am very interested in Space Ninja, so if mr. Dev is open to a beta-noob on his testing roster, I'd love to be a part of it. How do I find my UDID if I'm able get on board for testing?

14. brewstermax

Inside of iTunes, go to your device and click on it. It should show you the summary page, if not, go to the summary page, and where it has the words "Serial Number" click on the words. It should change to Identifier, and about a 40 character string of characters. That is your UDID, and just copy that and send it to him. He can get the rest of the info he may or may not need himself. You just send that. An app called [app]amailtyper[/app] is $.99, and has a utility to find your UDID device-side, and you can email it from there, if you are mobile.

15. superbad

superbad Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    CEO. Reviewer. Beta Tester.
    You need to stalk me?
    me too me too... i can beta test. i have done quite a lot of em

16. Tennisking1o1

Tennisking1o1 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    I'd be happy to beta test if you need any more people. I know a lot of people are in front of me though, so no worries if you don't need any more

17. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    I will beta test. I have tested 3 other games.

18. case

case Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    Interaction Designer
    Michigan
    mr dev. how do you know virt aka jake kaufman?

19. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    Wow, I'm really looking forward to this game! It looks pretty intense, I like that :)

Any idea how much it'll be sold for?

20. break5

break5 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008
    same here...