Universal Space Miner Wars (by Venan Entertainment, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Den Den

Den Den Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2014
    I'm addicted to this.

@Taeles,

I'm new to these kind of games, never played CoC before. Is there an optimal way to build the base for PvP? By what you wrote, I'd put the HQ and ore + scrap building + depots in the middle or something, and then cover them with walls and weapons... But I'm not sure...

2. SwimCeej

SwimCeej Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2008
    I help make iOS games!
    Atlanta, GA
    Applied as well as"SuperPac."

I had not played any of the previous Space Miner games but this is great!!

3. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    My observations at base level 5 and character level 15 is that there aren't enough players out there for matchmaking to do a good job. I'm consistently matched up against people far above my level (my ship gets insta-gibbed) or against low level players more rarely. I think one of the requirements for a game of this genre is a large player base, or PvP is pretty much rubbish. In CoC, there is *always* a player at your exact level to raid.

4. Crazyboy423

Crazyboy423 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2014
    Studdent
    France
    Best CoC clone. I love this game

5. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    #65 JCho133, Oct 12, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
    Very well made game, just makes me think of what could be (or what is coming next, at least!)

Also, gotta say I prefer the control scheme present in the original Space Miner. I understand that they're trying to streamline things here, but the controls weren't complex to begin with. Glad they included the option to switch

6. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    I'm having fun with this, but by far the biggest road block for me is leveling up. You can't upgrade your headquarters unless you're a certain level, and you can't upgrade anything else unless your HQ is a certain level.

What's the best way to grind up XP?

7. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    i started this last night based on positive comments here. I hate the "attack and get attacked" aspect of CoC, so if i wake up and find most of my gold gone by attackers, i will leave this. Until then, it's exactly like a spaceminer with better visuals sooo blast off :)

8. Tinsel

Tinsel Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    I hate that aspect of CoC too, but IMHO SMW does it really well. The attacker only takes a percentage of what you have at the time, and ANY successful attack made against you automatically gives you 10 hours of protection. It's really not bad at all.

9. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Unfortunately like with all similar games you will hit the wall. The upgrades demand lots of scrap. The only way to get reasonable amount is PVP. Your fuel requirements will be such that you can only do 3-4 attacks at a time. By the time fuel recharges you would have been attacked and lost a lot of scrap. Unless of course you pay real money for gems to recharge fuel or shield. It becomes a grind and brings more frustration than joy. Up until I hit the wall I enjoyed it though. Devs have no reason to make a free game with a proper progression of a premium game, so there are no surprises there. This is something to ponder before emotionally committing to this game.

10. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    With these style games you are either playing for one of two reasons. If your purpose is to pvp you'll be making it as difficult as possible for the other player to take your whole base and you'll spend all your resources upgrading your ship. If your more interested in the pve and not letting the other player take your resources, put your depots and scrap/ore building in middle and surrounded by weapon defenses. Since the player attacking has to go through your buildings (can't fly over them) surround your weapon defenses with everything else including walls.

As for the hq' mine is actually on the skirts of my base since it doesn't hold all that much to begin with.

11. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    My base currently

[​IMG]

12. andylangers

andylangers Active Member

Nov 8, 2013
    Created a Toucharcade guild if anyone wants to join

13. Back2funk

Back2funk Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2010
    England
    Started this game last night and was enjoying it. Played s few times throughout today and was making good progress.
    I just logged back in and my game has been reset and is starting again from the beginning!!
    Very annoying, what a waste of my time.

14. Wilbair

Wilbair Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    This happens when gamecenter cant make a connection. Just restart the app and make sure you gett the welcome message from gamecenter. Then you will see youre account again.

15. Back2funk

Back2funk Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2010
    England
    Ahh, thanks.
    I've got the iOS 9 Game Center bug so haven't been able to log in to Game Center for weeks. Wonder why it let me play for a day without any issues though?

16. Akali

Akali Member

Nov 10, 2012
    Game is wrecked often by devs

Not worth investing time, or certainly any money, into.

The devs regularly make far reaching changes, reducing fun, and making it harder to progress - whether it be by points or loot.

The devs act incredibly arrogantly. Not worth playing this, as it ruins your positive memories of the original game.

17. Kirenx

Kirenx Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2012
    I'm surprised how much I have been enjoying this. I thought I would grow tired of it quickly as I do most freemium titles, however, the raiding and resource farming is really well implemented. The biggest hurdle with most freemium base builders is the simple fact that those that spend significant money in the game are untouchable. With Space Miner Wars combat is more skill than real money investment. I may not be able to completely annihilate opponents far above my level, but I certainly can perform hit and run raids and make out with a decent amount of resources.

Personally I have gotten a pretty positive impression of the developers so far. They fix what needs to be fixed, responded to issues that are detrimental to the player base.

Hopefully the game grows as I'd love to see more ships, enemies, and hazards. Regardless, SMW as it is definitely blows any other base builder clear out of the water.

18. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    agreed on all accounts :) i havent actually been attacked in over a week so have just been treating the game like its single player predecessor and working on my ship/base upgrading.

19. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    If there was a way to turn off attacking/defending for sure, I might give it another shot. But being f2p with timers and energy, and an attacking/defending game, I just can't get into it. One day those servers will be shut off, like all of these kinds of games. And I'd be so mad at myself for sinking time into it.

Glad to see its getting some love here though. It may be our ticket to seeing a premium game sequel to the original.

20. BlueTrin

BlueTrin Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    Why would someone mine when you can get twice more resources by raiding someone ?