Universal Space Miner Wars (by Venan Entertainment, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Rain1dog

Rain1dog Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    I almost passed out... thinking I was going to have a PROPER sequel to the most amazing game on iOS to date(IMO). Space Miner:Ore Bust is to the iOS as Mario was to the NES for me. One of my ALL TIME favorite games, on any platform, and the last update to the orginal game was soooooooo refreshing.

Ill pay 25.00 + for a proper sequel, in a heartbeat.

2. Akali

Akali Member

Nov 10, 2012
    No fun whatsoever

The game has been wrecked. Firstly, a freemium CoC based gameplay was risky anyway, but then the developers got greedy and started ignoring the fact that 100% of independent players on the game's own global chat were critical of the last 2 updates.

They devs got greedy, slowed progress, reduced loot MASSIVELY, made attacking VERY difficult and ignored our complaints - in that they have done nothing to rectify them.

Players are leaving 1 star reviews, and I commend all who do that. The game is a tedious, fun-free, tedious grind now.:mad:

3. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Blech shame on you guys giving your fans this free to play garbage instead of a proper sequel

4. pauldavidmerritt

pauldavidmerritt Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Male
    Ultrasound reporting systems
    East Rutherford NJ
    Shame on you, Dev's.

5. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    we are haters! and we gonna hate!

6. pauldavidmerritt

pauldavidmerritt Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Male
    Ultrasound reporting systems
    East Rutherford NJ
    We are allowed to hate things we think are terrible, stupid, ridiculous, faulty, unethical, or otherwise.

7. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    100% agree. just showing my hate through a funny way.

8. Fep52

Fep52 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Looooved the original, but I'll skip this on the strength of the initial impressions. So disappointing.

9. troyster

troyster Active Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 19, 2012
    Original game might be my favorite iOS game, this is such a shame. I'll be skipping this one.

10. Wilbair

Wilbair Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    I play this game form the beginning of the soft launch because i loved the orignal like many of you.

There where some ups and downs when the devs made some changes during the soft launch. At some point the economy was broken thats why some of the impressions are bad. But after the last update they fixxed this and the impressions ingame (chat) are much better.

I think the initial impressions don't count anymore because the last update changed the game for 100%. Thats also why there is a soft launch to do some testing and make the final version better.

So if you love the original space miner you also will love this game. Maybe its not the same but there's a lot of gameplay with a singleplayer campaign(with a funny story like the original). Also the multiplayer part is great and is different from other clash of clans like games.

Hopefully this game will gett the devs some money so the can expand the gameplay/content.:cool:

11. BjofCJ&Bj

BjofCJ&Bj Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2012
    Multiple Characters?

My mom, wife and I all play Space Miner: Space ORE Bust and Book of Heroes. We all use the same iTunes account and I think the same Game Center account.

When ever we try and play Space Miner Wars together, it says "You can only play on one device at a time". I this a design feature, a bug, or a "To Do" list item?

12. Wilbair

Wilbair Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    My wife and i had the same problem but we created a separate game center account for her and that works.

13. phizban

phizban New Member

Nov 1, 2012
    I created a clan if anyone wants to join me.
    "Sun Clash Mining"

Space Miners was my favorite ever iOS game. And devs were great to redo game for free and I loved playing the second time even more.

The polish in this game is even greater. And I love base building as well. I have played for about 5 hours straight and haven't hit anything close to a wall. I for one hope the devs make some money to support themselves from this game. And for those upset over Freemium in the case, if all devs made this polished of a Freemium game, Freemium would not be such a "bad word".

It is really a double edged sword. But for all those wishing Freemium didn't exist, and that the other option is to make great great game at a fair price, how can anyone fault these devs. Space Miner was the shizzle. If all game would have been as good, there might not be a Freemium model, or it wouldn't be the ruler of all. So I don't get coming down on them because the industry has changed. They gave us 1.5 versions of a Game of the Year.

And for anyone on the fence or anyone refusing to download this because of your convictions and/or state of disgust, you are missing out on an even better Space Miners mechanic than ever. I remember telling everyone I could about Space Miners. It felt like a shame that so many never played it. I wanted all my friends to experience it. Be it would be a shame if they didn't.

Same thing applies now. And I bought even bought some IAP I didn't have to have to support this game. It is way better than free.

14. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    I wonder what the ratio is for what a player receives after attacking someone successfully vs what the defender actually loses. Someone just hit me bout an hour ago, I lost about 300 of each resource. I highly doubt someone would attack me if that was the total reward on their screen.

15. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Answering my own question. The player mentioned took 100g and 400scrap from me according to my attack log. When I watched the replay, he earned 100g and 5k scrap for beating me. Not to bad, much more gentle than some games in his genre.

16. cameron331

cameron331 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2010
    Guys, give this a chance. The core gameplay is great, exactly what we all love about space miner, and even has a story. The base building and all the timers aren't bad, and attacking player's bases is pretty fun.

17. UScr00ge

UScr00ge Active Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Just applied to the touch arcade guild as UScr00ge in case the leader is watching this thread.

18. Tinsel

Tinsel Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Space Miner was one of my all time faves and this one is proving to be almost as addictive.

It may just be nostalgia talking' but I remember after a day or two of playing SM, having many more choices for what kind of ship to use and how to build it.

There aren't many ships yet and the turrets seem strangely lackluster, but the core gameplay is still super fun.

19. Akali

Akali Member

Nov 10, 2012
    No fun whatsoever

Having given it a few more days, I can conclude the devs have yet again gone back to their greedy ways.

As I see it there are 2 serious problems currently at HIGH level play:

1/ Searching brings up low and repeated bases. We rarely get high bases, or clones of those, with reasonable loot.

2/ Uncollected loot vanishes, instead of being returned to defender.

Both of these damage the game economy, at least for high level players.

Also, by allocating low level players (1k-3k) as targets to high level players (7k+), it just means the new guys will become demoralised as their bases are easily wiped out repeatedly.

So, not only bad for the economy, but bad for motivation.:(

20. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Observations from playing for afew days. Feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken on any of these tips.

. When in a 'guild' everyones efforts contribute to a percentage cut, the percentage is upgradable via your 'guild' building.
    . Main building should be upgraded last, it determines who sees you in pvp and who you see.
    . Upgrade your ships engines! It reduces the fuel cost of going on missions!
    . Upgrade your landing platform, it increases the max fuel you can stockpile!
    . Things get very expensive after upgrade 5 of the main building. Like from 10kish to around 25kish for each building.
    . Don't treat walls like most CoC clones. You arent being attacked by armies. Your being attacked by one single individual. Spread the 'walls' out abit so the player bumps in to them when trying to get past them. Forces the player to focus on them instead of... say your bases defenses.
    . The attacking player has to go thru your buildings, their objects that block their flight and their weapons... think of your base like new york city and the pretend the attacking player can only fly about 2 stories above the ground. Everything is in the attackers way. So put everything between them and your resource buildings.
    . Speaking of which there are five buildings in your base that the attacker can get resources from. Main building, small stockpile. The storage for both resources and the depot that outposts you own deposit your earnings every hour.
    . Unlike Space Ore Bust, in this game you will keep all ships you buy and ones equipment won't be equipable on another.
    . Asteroid Fields respawn randomly and as your base grows these fields become steadily more challenging. Take your time on them, there is no time limit and worst thing you want is to get blown up.
    . On that subject the only penalty for getting blown up is wasted fuel. When you get blown up you can either return to base or 'try again'. Note, by try again, they literally mean 'try this field again'. Your previous kills and collecting will reset. Everything respawns. Painful especially if youve only got like three more pirates to kill and one kills you and suddenly your staring at all 30+ again on a 'try again'. Take your time.