Universal Space Miner Wars (by Venan Entertainment, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    I chose the blue one as well. It looks like I will be flying it for a good long time as the next ships arrive at shipyard level 6. It looks like the later ships break down as forward facing guns vs turrets. one of my mods gives me +80% turret tracking speed so my turret is considerably more dangerous. Perhaps the two turrets on the later bus type ship make up for the generally lower stats. Perhaps the bus type ship needs a higher cargo capacity to make up for its other short comings.

It seems that tech 1 mods and tech 2 mods require entirely different components. I dont know why tech 1 parts keep dropping, i dont see why i would ever go back to a tech one ship.

2. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    That sucks about the mods it would be nice if they carried over...a revenge button would be nice too as I got attacked.

With the ships I thought before checking stats that one would have more health but be slower and the other would be faster with lower health...rather than one be better in pretty much nearly every way. The dps on the last blue ship is a lot higher than the other.

3. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    The tier 3 ships cost different amounts - the blue one is 50 000 more expensive.
    There are some firepower differences too.

4. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Are you on tier 3 already? I did see the price difference with t2 so can imagine it gets more costly

5. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Last I checked I was #2 on the PvP leaderboard. Probably 3 or 4 now, I hadn't played all day today.

6. dominici

dominici Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Librarian
    Australia
    Not the Space Miner I hoped for. It's filled with limits and timers. Building stuff takes forever unless you use the purple gems, and if you run out of those, then it's like $6 for 500 gems (welcome to Australian currency). I would even put up with the waiting except for that damned PVP raiding! Oh, and I hate the PVP part, I wish you could opt out of that!

7. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    It doesn't mean anything. Aside from you losing PvP points and it being the best way to get scrap, you can ignore it. I only raid for fun at this point, since only a dozen people have scrap in the amounts that would be worth the time.

8. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    #28 ste86uk, Jul 25, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
    Yeh I got attacked twice once I won and the other I lost but didn't lose s big percentage of my resources really. Maybe if you don't pvp you'll stay low in the ranks, unsure how the matching system works though but I'm hoping rank/trophy based.

Which clan are you in Echoseven?

Edit: Got attacked twice more while sleeping, seems people are boosting me up in rank through losing and then got attacked by a level 18 while I only just hit 12 now. But still it doesn't really bother me or put me off from the game.

9. Snotty128

Jul 26, 2013
    I dont know if its a bug, or im just lucky, but the three teir two mods I crafted have all come out purple with shed loads of bonuses on them

10. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Damn that's lucky, I've still got zero tier 2 mods. Which zone are you on? Still sucks tier 1 are a waste so quickly...

11. Snotty128

Jul 26, 2013
    Im on the 5th area, mons cavus. I only mine enough rock to move onto the next claim. I focus on killing all enemies in all areas, and searching derelicts.

12. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I'm on the zone before it, shod get to that one your on tonight though. How come you skip through them? It sucks how you earn so much gold but so little scrap....how come you go for all the enemies too?

I usually clear each zone 100% before moving on.

13. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    I'm The Underminer.

Missed two days of PvP and now I'm rank 6. :(
    Clawed my way back to 4th but I'm a few days behind the top spot now. =/

14. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    How come you missed a few days? I'm just Dagon on the game and joined the wyland utani corp for now. I've hardly done any pvp though I don't want to climb ranks yet and use all my fuel progressing missions.

Anyone else notice upgrading your engine says it'll reduce fuel cost but I'm pretty sure it goes up?

15. Snotty128

Jul 26, 2013
    Huh, ill build an engine and check.

Ive powered through the missions as i thought later enemies would drop better stuff.

16. Snotty128

Jul 26, 2013
    Missions dropped the expected 2 fuel when i built the engine. Perhaps theres something else increasing the fuel demand, like license/level

17. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Other upgrades increase fuel consumption - like increasing the cargo hold. (This is shown in one of the tips)

18. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    That sucks, everything increases it...kind of makes upgrades rubbish as I don't seem to generally need them anyway.

19. Wilbair

Wilbair Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    I'am liking this game more and more. Hopefully the world wide release will be soon.

For now Venan added some new countries to the soft launch:
    Current territories are: Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Iceland and Netherlands.:D

20. Akali

Akali Member

Nov 10, 2012
    Khalsa Force

I am enjoying this game tremendously, and the original Space Miner was one of my all time iOS classics.

I've been playing this since Day 2-3, and my Guild is Khalsa Force if any high level pilots want to join us.

We offer the highest guild bonuses in the known universe ;)