GameClub Space Miner: Platinum Edition (by Venan Entertainment, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by eugekava, Feb 17, 2015.

1. DeNappa

DeNappa Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Netherlands
    Is there still a premium version of this?

I can only find a version that requires a monthly subscription, for which I’m gonna pass.

2. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Nope, it's part of GameClub now. Your best bet if you don't want to subscribe to their service later this year is to play the Testflight versions for free now while you can: https://gameclub.io/beta

And if you join their Discord server you can get access to Space Miner Blast too: https://discord.gg/gameclub

BjofCJ&Bj likes this.
  3. Ryber82

Ryber82 New Member

Oct 28, 2019
    Male
    I’m stuck on Balerian, Scar keeps destroying me and my shield which is maxed, can’t hold up. Does anyone know the cheat codes you can enter on the profile screen?

4. BjofCJ&Bj

BjofCJ&Bj Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2012
    Cool.

I cannot believe I missed the MSC XR-7 hull gets +1 Alien tech slots ( 4 total ).

It is nice the Proto shield charger, and the Quark Quintiplier, are both alien tech, so they carry over to the next play through.

My old save was on the family account. Getting all the alien tech on a new individual account is currently VERY annoying. Especially since some alien tech is sucks ( looking at you Mega joule lens ), some is awesome ( looking at you Equilibrium Stabilizer ), and most is average ( looking at you Kinergetic Capstan ).

Link to my old UltracORE walk through ( needs to be updated for new 16x sector map )
    Space Miner: Platinum Edition (by Venan Entertainment) [TA 2010 GotY]

5. BjofCJ&Bj

Jan 11, 2012
    It is the curse of micro transactions.

My family spent about $30 USD ( over seven years and 400+ hours playing ) on all three versions of Space Miner ( phone, iPad and Platinum ).
    But a family we know spent over $10,000 USD ( 2x spouses, and a parent, over 5 years or roughly $55 USD per person per month ) on Book of Heroes ( another Venan Entertainment/ Megaspace Industries game ).

So the GameClub monthly subscription is a compromise between no one wanting to spend $8 on your game, and loading it up with micro transactions.

Interestingly, I tried to download the new GameClub verison. The Apple App store said I had already bought it so I did not have to pay a monthly subscription to play it.

Plus GameClub appears to be handling the bug fixes, and iOS updates, for Brandon ( CEO of Megaspace Industries )

6. BjofCJ&Bj

Jan 11, 2012
    Subject
    [Tip] Styrofoam Sector

### Neutron Beam

For mining the Styrofoam Sector - Level 9 - I use:

Neutron Beam

Quark Quintipler, Mejajoule Lens, Atomic Resonator

The Neutron Beam is the longest range weapon in the game, has infinite shot speed, shoots through objects, and does the most damage.

Mejajoule Lens, and Atomic Resonator, increase damage versus asteroids. Quark Quintipler lets you use the Neutron Beam.

### Cool down

The Neutron Beam cool down is very very long ( that is another rant ).

Instead of waiting for it to cool down, I just return to base after each use of the Neutron Beam in the Styrofoam sector.