GameClub Space Miner: Platinum Edition (by Venan Entertainment, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by eugekava, Feb 17, 2015.

1. Grimstone82

Grimstone82 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Northbrook, IL
    Man I forgot how much I loved this game. Just downloaded it and started a new game, it's amazing how well it's held up over the years, and it looks gorgeous on the iPhone 6.

2. Mist17

Mist17 Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Seem to be having the same problem here as well

3. NightOwl40

NightOwl40 Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2009
    #83 NightOwl40, Feb 22, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
    I got hit with the instant level 8 bug on an unfinished game(was level 7, most sectors mined out, hadn't beaten Beta sector). It also locked me out of finishing the Tourist missions, and I was unable to access the level 8 sector that Ms. Frost opens after you battle Scar in the Wasteland sector. The area was greyed out, and tapping it gave me a message to find a nav buoy in an adjacent sector to open it. I tried another old file, and the same things happened. The game also insists(via Game Center and my trophy case) that I've found all the ships, satellites, and alien tech, even though I hadn't completed the new content yet in any file, old or new. I deleted my old files out of aggravation at being stuck, and the one new file that I've made it to Scar's revenge in seems to function normally, except for the Game Center bug. Also, the Statistics board doesn't register any ore mined in the new area, even after mining out one of the new sectors, and the message about not being able to complete remaining missions seems to be wrong, as I had one Tourist mission remaing and was able to complete it in the original area.

Still a fun game after all these years...I've lost count of how many times I've played all the way through to get all the alien tech. Never have gotten all the achievements, and now some of them, like the shorter completion times and playing with the Old Jalopy only, will be impossible to complete. The Game Center achievements definitely need adjusting...maybe some new ones based on the new content and modifying the older ones to reflect completing the first section of the game only.

4. Rain1dog

Rain1dog Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    Thank you so much, Venan, for this GREAT little addition to this fantastic game. I had such a great time, playing the present, reliving the past! This is my all time favorite iOS game. I am so ready to play a proper sequal, keep up the great work!

5. Today's Posts

Today's Posts Member

Sep 24, 2012
    After some time in the game the controls stop working for me. I cant steer and thrust. Thrusting or steering works. So it is one button at a time. Exiting the app and doing a restart solves it.

Anybody seeing the same?

6. Retro Nug

Retro Nug Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    The Netherworld
    This is one of the games I always wished would get an update like this. Now if only Super Crate Box would finally get it's long overdue update.

7. beekeo

beekeo Member

Jul 9, 2012
    Hi,
    Have you tried using the Home button to leave Space Ore Bust for the desktop, then returning to the game?
    This might clear out a possible touch control issue.

thanks!

8. CheMClarc

CheMClarc Member

Feb 19, 2015
    Production Associate
    We are currently investigating the issues players are reporting with the Game Center Achievements. Please contact us at https://venan.rhinosupport.com/helpdesk.htm so that we can track your issue and notify you when there will be an update to address the issue.

9. CheMClarc

CheMClarc Member

Feb 19, 2015
    Production Associate
    Please contact us at https://venan.rhinosupport.com/helpdesk.htm so that we can help address the issues that you are having. We are aware of these bugs and are currently addressing them.

10. Today's Posts

Today's Posts Member

Sep 24, 2012
    Yes, thanks, that helps, too. Although the problem comes back and I have the impression that it will take longer to come back after the app has been closed.

11. somedumbgamer

somedumbgamer Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Do I need this if I already have the older HD version?

12. RobMSantos

RobMSantos Active Member

Jan 19, 2015
    Game Designer, Game Developer, UX
    St. Louis, MO, USA
    They're waiting on Apple to approve an update to the older HD version that will make it equivalent to the other Platinum Edition app.

13. somedumbgamer

somedumbgamer Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Thank you, Rob! I appreciate the info!

14. beekeo

beekeo Member

Jul 9, 2012
    Hi Folks!

The update to fix the license level progression went live last night.

15. NightOwl40

Apr 10, 2009
    Yes, I noticed the update. However, somehow, when I tried to download, there was a glitch. It started, then finished much too quickly. The review counter reset, but I still got locked out in the file I was playing. I'd already made it through the game once and was working on a second play through...had already had Balerian Sector open properly, but then got locked out of Finale :mad: I was so pissed off I deleted the game, removed it from Game Center, then re-downloaded it. Odd thing was that when I started over, all the previous achievements I'd unlocked were still there.

A couple of other things I've noticed: the Overload special weapon, which used to unlock at level 7 doesn't appear in the shop until after your start Scar's Revenge. The Pulse Cannon and Gauss Hammer weapons also appear then, as well as the Ultra Scanner. I find myself wondering is that is a bug or not. It would also be nice if the new weapons/equipment looked a bit different than the older ones, even if it's just different color palettes. Looking at the trophy case, I noticed that the Great Emancipator achievement lists 96 sectors instead of 64. Lastly, on the Statistics board while in the new area, the Percentage Mined indicator stays on 0.0%, no matter how many of the new areas you've mined. The individual areas show a percentage, but not the main board.

16. neonbible

neonbible Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Wow I just went to purchase this and then saw I already owned it. Really pleasent surprise! Heard so much about this over the years but never got round to playing it.

Hope it is as good as everyone says :)

17. gonif

gonif Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2013
    Anyone else not getting achievements? Wasted a lot of effort prepping for a perfect run at the piñata asteroid. Pulled it off, yet it failed to unlock. I can't simply go back and try again either. This sort of thing is why Homer strangles Bart, you know! And I have no Bart!!!

18. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    I just beat Piñata and nothing unlocked here either.

19. gonif

gonif Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2013
    Appreciate the corroboration!

What's really irksome is that even a patch won't help us now. And I'm not going to go through all the prep to do it again. Argh, I really need a Bart...

20. NightOwl40

Apr 10, 2009
    #100 NightOwl40, Mar 8, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
    I've noticed that some awards/achievements are impossible to do with the added content. I'm playing NOT logged into Game Center, and most of the awards are unlocking like they're supposed to, except for Great Emacipator(resets to 8 of 86 in a New Game +), Less is More, Least is Most, and Piece of Junk(which is flatly impossible). I have submitted a bug report about this.

I know it's a pain in the ass, but playing through without being logged in and doing the Piñatastroid again (wait until you can put on a few of the new weapons...makes El Rapido MUCH easier), then logging in might open it up.

(Edit): I tried this method and it worked. Finally got the Lazy Miner award while playing logged out, then left the game, logged into Game Center, but didn't see the achievement opened yet. I went back into the game and looked at achievements in there. That caused it to register and it also showed up when I looked at Game Center again outside the game.