GameClub Space Miner: Platinum Edition (by Venan Entertainment, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by eugekava, Feb 17, 2015.

1. RobMSantos

RobMSantos Active Member

Jan 19, 2015
    Game Designer, Game Developer, UX
    St. Louis, MO, USA
    Clicking the bed in your room takes you to the main title screen.

I wonder if you can backup your progress by looking at your phone's contents in iTunes or other utility apps. That's usually a trick I do to move my saves from the iPad <-> iPhone when they don't support iCloud save.

2. BjofCJ&Bj

BjofCJ&Bj Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2012
    Labels on Room Menus

While the Room Menu art is awespoon, I wish the labels (ex: Exit on the bed) appeared immediately and then faded out. Maybe start visible and alternate fading in and out). Instead of being invisible and then fading in. Drove me nuts the first time I played Platinum since I could not remember the location of all the Room Menus and CJ's Phone keeps getting my finger taps wrong.

3. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    This. That's a wonderful idea.

And thanks for the idea Rob. I'll try backing up. But I feel like this fatal crash is going to be persistent since I'd still force close it at some point (though I'm not sure if that's the cause). I finally got to the charaxter select screen after 7 crashes in a row. I don't think I'd bother playing any game if it took that long to start..

4. CheMClarc

CheMClarc Member

Feb 19, 2015
    Production Associate
    If possible please send us your crash logs so that we can investigate the issue. I believe I have recently sent you instructions on how to view them through our customer support. https://venan.rhinosupport.com/helpdesk

5. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    is there any way to turn it into a twin stick shooter that i haven't figured out yet? There is a "Thumb Guide" in the controls but seemingly does nothing on or off.

Other than that, i can see how this game was TA GOTY 2010.. even for 2015 its production is stellar!

6. BjofCJ&Bj

Jan 11, 2012
    Space Miner Controls

As a general rule of thumb (see what I did there), I steer with my left thumb and use my right thumb to toggle weapons on and off with the fire button (set auto fire for maximum rate of fire and so you can run the engines), and toggle engine on and off.

One of my favorite tactics versus Bosses in UltracOre Mode (Perma Death) is to zip ahead of them with my superior speed, coast, turn 180 and fire at them with my superior weapon range (watch out, the maps wrap).

7. ramzarules

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece

8. BjofCJ&Bj

Jan 11, 2012
    Maneuvering Tips

Personally, I cannot win without using my Thrust Button, but here are some more tips:

http://venanarcade.com/faq_sm.php

Hey Uncle Jeb!

I’m having trouble shooting bigger enemies. It seems like I can’t shoot at them while still moving. Do you have any piloting pointers?

Hoo doggie, do I have some pointers! Lemme tell ya, yer old Uncle Jeb used to be the ace pilot back in the day! I’d be swooping around, shootin’ asteroids…pew pew! Those were the days! Anyhoo, there are a bunch’a different control configurations you can use to make pilotin’ yer ship easier. If ya head into the options menu, you’ll see exactly what I mean!

Now, a lot ’a Space Miners these days are usin’ the "Auto-Fire" option. Turn it on, an’ whenever you touch the fire button, yer guns will start shootin’ as fast as they can, all without you havin’ to mash the button! Touch the fire button again, an’ yer guns stop firin’. I use this one all the time - rests up my fingers fer banjo playin’ and fiddle twiddlin’!

Also, if yer havin’ trouble controllin’ yer ship in those big ’ol space battles, an’ you’ve tried upgradin’ yer engine already, maybe try turnin’ off the "Thrust Button" option, too? You’ll be able to thrust yer ship just by usin’ the control wheel, no buttons necessary! Aim yer ship by movin’ yer thumb around the center of the wheel, an’ thrust yer ship by draggin’ yer finger towards the outside of the wheel!

Oh! One more thing, young’un! All Space Minin’ ships come with emergency brakes. It’s real simple to use ’em, too! All ya gotta do is release yer fingers from the touch screen. On the other hand, if ya stop thrustin’ yer ship, but you keep yer fingers on the control pad, you can drift! This lets ya shoot enemies in one direction while yer movin’ in another! I guess that was two things there. Still, best ya remember ’em! That there are some ’a the more advanced Space Minin’ maneuvers!

9. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    For some reason I cannot have this game on my phone without having Galaxy on Fire right next to it. Lots of great memories with this game. So glad to see its not going to slip through the cracks like so many others do. (looking in your direction TWEWY)

10. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Would you recommend GoF2 since I can't get this game to run (reinstalled and it still crashes). I'm itching for a new good game.

11. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    You don't have GoF2?!?!?!??

12. ramzarules

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    L., more than GoF2 i recommend Starborn Anarchist, check it out if you havent. Hours of fun gameplay and ship upgrading!

13. brerlappin

brerlappin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Not anymore. Fishlabs got bought out so now there are ads every five seconds, even if you purchase the IAP. Sad really as it was great before the buy out.

14. BjofCJ&Bj

Jan 11, 2012
    Platinum Edition Beta Sector on HardcOre

Now that the MegaAsteroids blow up in the platinum edition, leaving me nothing to hide behind/ shield me from his attacks, the Giant Super Shredder keeps killing me on HardcOre Difficulty.

Did the Giant Super Shredder's Damage Bar always regenerate?

Has anyone completed the Beta Sector on HardcOre?

Not going to try platinum edition UltracOre if I cannot finish the platinum edition on HardcOre.

15. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Just finished everything on Normal. From start to 100% everything was about 10 hours. The new section was fun and the many new upgrades were great as well. I would guess about 1/3. - 1/2 again more content. Really impressed with Venan.

16. BlueTrin

BlueTrin Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    I completed it in Hardcore, I maxed the reactor and used the alien tech to reduce the accuracy of enemy fire, although I don't know if it works on bosses.

I didn't have problems finding the megasteroids, it takes a lot of power to destroy them, if you circle them you won't destroy them or at least not all of them.

BjofCJ&Bj likes this.
  17. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    Time to re-install it

18. Tango

Tango Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2010
    Any ideas about achievements not syncing to Game Center?

19. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Without trying to echo Varo... you don't have GoF2?!?!?!?? Back on subject, have you tried starting it in airport mode? Usually if that works it's a Game Center issue.

20. Tango

Tango Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2010
    Hmm. Tried going Airplane mode, loading game, Game Center logged in. Even got a new achievement and still doesn't show up in Game Center. Thanks for giving me something to try anyhow!