GameClub Space Miner: Platinum Edition (by Venan Entertainment, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by eugekava, Feb 17, 2015.

1. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Weren't they working on a sequel?

2. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    Still one of my all time favorites. So glad I can play this GEM again.

3. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
    I think they tried that with Space Miner Blast... and ended up removing IAP and making the game premium instead! I hope that worked well for them (although I don't like Blast as well as the "real" Space Miner.)

http://appshopper.com/games/space-miner-blast

4. RobMSantos

RobMSantos Active Member

Jan 19, 2015
    Game Designer, Game Developer, UX
    St. Louis, MO, USA
    Yeah, Space Miner Blast is definitely a quicker/fast-paced "Arcade" version of the original Space Miner game removing story, quests, and objectives. If for some reason you're doubting giving Space Miner a try, Space Miner Blast might be a cheaper way to get a feel for the series.

5. Tango

Tango Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2010
    Also having this problem. Got the first Achievement "The Journey Begins!" and nothing in Game Center since.

6. Avatre

Avatre Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Sorry if it's already been asked but I was just hoping to clarify about the differences. I bought the iPad version a good while back, I understand the name change was to seperate them, but the iPad version will recieve the same update?

7. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Yes, the iPad version is getting the "Platinum Edition" update. For some reason the iPhone update got approved but the iPad update got rejected, so it had to be resubmitted and now it's kind of in Apple's hands as to when it'll be out.

-----

On another note, reading everyone's impressions about the new update is making me smile :) If you're one of those people who are saying "I wish I could give you money for this update!" then consider gifting this classic to some friends, or at the very least go rate the game in iTunes. As of right now it's got a perfect 5 star average in the US store :cool:

8. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Well since so many people mentioned it, anyone is free to gift me! ;)

I'm actually going to buy some iTunes cards later tonight since I don't have any credit. Haven't been able to purchase it yet but hopefully pretty soon.

9. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    You can only gift things to people that have an account in the same store as you do though.

But anyway, in regards to the app... I don't really think I need to say anything. GOTY, lots of 4.5/5 stars review and more. Must-have feels short.

10. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Interesting. I got the platinum and it looks to be universal - at least it acts that way on my iPad. I have both the iPhone and iPad versions - can't imagine what they are going to do with the iPad HD version - it is just going to be iPad only as well?

11. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    From what I understand both versions are supposed to be identical now. I just wish that on iPad there was full retina support. It doesn't look like that now.

12. meowr

meowr Active Member

Nov 4, 2011
    I LOVE this game!

Any excuse to play through it again, I'll take! (New iPad? Sweet, grab Space Miner again, and replay it!)

Now that I'm nearing the end of this playthrough, can anyone tell me when the new stuff appears?
    I got 3.5 million credits burning a hole in my pocket, and don't see the new ship, nor the new equipment?

I only have about 8 unexplored corner sectors left...

13. TSP

TSP Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Sep 14, 2008
    Male
    Teacher.
    Sweden
    Continued an earlier game, and went to the new area. After completing the first four maps I am unable to continue. Help?

Attached Files:

14. Nyambe

Nyambe Active Member

Jul 2, 2012
    OK re-downloaded my copy of this amazing funny game. I had to beat the entire game again which was fun, and very entertaining. Took roughly 5-6 hours.

My only criticism was after I finished the game "first part"and had lvl 7 licence already maxed it forced me to do it all over again which was incredibly annoying and slightly difficult because I mined almost everything already.

If you haven't played this game, go buy it, if you already have it just Play it again, it's heartwarming and entertaining.

15. meowr

meowr Active Member

Nov 4, 2011
    Update:

Found out that the new stuff appears after you finish the "original" part.

I'm making gobs of money, and have a maxed out ship now.

TSP: did you get the shield? and did you put it on your ship? I didn't get stuck after 4 sectors. Though I did equip the nifty new shield fairly quickly?

Nyambe: I got the Level 7 license, and when I got to the new stuff, I was earning for a level 8 license...

16. RobMSantos

RobMSantos Active Member

Jan 19, 2015
    Game Designer, Game Developer, UX
    St. Louis, MO, USA
    You're meant to loop through the game again once you finish it, but you get to keep your Alien Tech which makes subsequent play through experiences different. It's their version of New Game+ replay value. Though it's weird that the new lvl 8 section didn't trigger for you?

17. logan067

logan067 Member

Mar 7, 2014
    It didn't trigger for me either... I've unlocked everything on the original map (started a fresh playthrough after the update came out) but I can only get the first 4 areas on the new map.

18. CheMClarc

CheMClarc Member

Feb 19, 2015
    Production Associate
    #58 CheMClarc, Feb 20, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
    Hello! We are aware of the bug and are currently investigating a solution to address the issue. Please contact Venan Entertainment's customer support: https://venan.rhinosupport.com if you are experiencing this bug or any other issues with the new content.

19. logan067

logan067 Member

Mar 7, 2014
    Thanks for the response! I've really been enjoying the update so far; you guys really did make an incredible game :)

20. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    #60 L.Lawliet, Feb 20, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
    Just Bought the game and played a bit. Did force close a few times since there's no return to title screen on the main base screen. Now the game won't start. I can load it but there's an immediate crash when I hit play. Just now it has done it 5 times in a row.

Not sure if I should delete all my hours progress and reinstall since I can't think of anything I did wrong. Wondering if the game is broken? It's a chore getting it to start so I might end up deleting it anyways. Even if it starts up again I might lose all my progress eventually.

I'm running ios8.1 iphone 6.