iPad Space Miner Blast Has Arrived! (v1.01 -Bug Fixes)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Venan, Nov 10, 2010.

1. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    I wouldn't call it forgettable. Its pretty damn good for what it is - a survival shooter. Hopefully its popular enough for Venan to keep adding stuff to it.

2. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Skipping this one as I think the original will be better and I haven't even played it to completion yet also just don't like the DLC model in general I'd rather just pay a fair price at the start.
    This isn't the only game asking for a password before showing prices though guitar rock tour 2 pulled the same stunt on me yesterday before it even took me to the menu rather a cheap stunt and it annoyed me.

That said I do like the original but I lost interest in it mainly due to a few other games although I'll go back to it at some point I'd definitely miss the rpg part though in this one.

3. MarioKartMaster

MarioKartMaster Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Charging for retina display graphics is absurd.

4. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Giving you a game for free is absurd.

5. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    This thread is absurd!!
    You get a fantastic game for free and you can play it pretty well for free.
    And if you want to get everything, you have to pay less than two bucks,
    what is wrong with you??

This way, the dev has got a good chance of spreading this game as much as possible. Win-win situation. And you are complaining. A bad joke.

6. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    It's ironic: had this game been released at an honest $2-$3 price I would have bought it without a second thought and not regretted it. Since the developers feel this strange need to manipulate me into paying for the game instead, AND don't give a damn about making it at the very least logical or convenient, I'll now just delete it instead and not miss it either.

7. da shiz wiz 19

Sep 24, 2009
    It involves too much thinking to realize that we're actually paying less this way and we are taking fewer risks in the case we don't like the game and Venan is reducing piracy and the reduction of piracy will lead to Venan getting more money and supplying more updates.

Same-old same-old

8. your personal robot

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Thanks, I already felt a bit alone :)
    I mean, it's like getting a huge lite version and if you like it, you simply buy the full package. If you don't want to pay (again: less than 2 bucks!!) you still have got a great and running full game.

But Venan is the devil, right.
    Grow up, guys.

9. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Well this thread is off to a fantastic start.

10. Gabrien

Nov 24, 2009
    But that's the thing, it is not "simple" at all. It is convoluted, confusing, AND it's asking me to confirm my purchase by entering my password before showing me a price which I simply refuse to do.

11. your personal robot

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    You get all the info you need on all the packages in there. You just need to read. And you have to confirm the purchase AFTER you know the prices.

Venan isn't planning a huge conspiracy. Not as one of the best iPhone indie devs.

12. da shiz wiz 19

Sep 24, 2009
    App store>search>Venan>Spacer Miner Blast>top in app purchases>look at price

Tough work

13. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    Where exactly are you looking?

The splash screen has no pricing info

I tap the $ icon and get
    "To remove in-game ads and countdown timers, and to help support great original iPhone gaming, simply purchase any of the premium ships be selecting PURCHASE on the ship selection screen. If you'd like to own them all, choose the BLAST PACK option to save 33%"

No pricing info

On the ship selection screen there is no pricing info

When I tap purchase it says "processing" and then asks for my Apple ID password.

I see the prices in the appstore but still don't see pricing info inside the app

EDIT: I don't have a problem with the DLC and have already bought the blast pack. I just don't like the way that pricing information isn't shown.

14. eugekava

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    After you enter the password you are taken to a screen where you can either buy the ship you tapped on or a blast pack.

15. ScottColbert

ScottColbert Well-Known Member

Nah, you're not alone, I'm right there with you. Once I get to a wifi spot tomorrow I'll be downloading the content.

16. Gabrien

Nov 24, 2009
    By general app store convention, entering your password = confirming a purchase. End of discussion as far as I'm concerned.

17. da shiz wiz 19

Sep 24, 2009
    So the game is shit because it doesn't state the price of the IAP in the game? It's a big fault, I agree, but to dismiss the whole game because you don't want to look in one more spot to find the price is completely ridiculous. The price IS there, so it's not like you're heading for a trap.

Or is this the usual "It has IAP, devs are greedy, I don't support these bastards."

18. eugekava

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Not the case here. After you enter your password you are taken to a screen where you get to select what you want to buy (ship or blast pack), you then get a purchase confirmation screen, then you get charged if you choose to proceed.
    Not sure why password is required to be entered first. Perhaps Venan can shed some light on it. I wouldn't dismiss this game based on this. At the very least you should wait for Venan's response.

19. Venan

Venan Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2010
    Hey guys!

Well, it's a bit of a rocky start. To be sure we have some kinks to work out.

In regards to the order of IAP and passwords and such - we'll fix it. We definitely get no advantage out of asking for your password early, I think it was just an implementation oversight. Believe me, making it hard or difficult for people to BUY things is not in our interest either and we'll do our best to rectify. I had problems too when I downloaded it off the App Store so I know where you are all coming from.

Unfortunately testing IAP is a real pain when using the Apple sandbox, and since this is our first time doing it, we definitely stumbled a bit. We'll be working on this and a couple other fixes as well.

We'll be trawling this forum regularly so if you have any more feedback about the game we're listening.

Thanks for the downloads and your feedback so far. Positive or negative, it's always good to know.

20. chickdigger802

chickdigger802 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Atlanta GA
    speaking of which, when is the retina update gonna hit space ore bust Venan?