Universal Space Marshals (by Pixelbite)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Game of the week this week should of been a tie :) This game is awesome :) Oh and standard stealth kill rule applies "Shotgun to the face!"

Kills everything, one shot :p

2. beelzebubble

beelzebubble Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2012
    Just tested, game doesn't work on the latest version of the iPod. Please fix it Pixelbite!

I played it on the iPad and was able to skip the initial cutscene, use the medbay on the ship that you start on and use the bridge after landing on the planet at the start. I could also bring up the pause screen.

Couldn't do any of those things on my iPod (latest gen). Could only move and shoot. Could also tap through conversations but couldn't use any items/machines, pause the game or skip the cutscenes.

3. Aravon17

Aravon17 Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Very true. It's not working on my iPod 5 either.
    Can't tap to skip cut scenes, use items, or pause game.
    It's broken on iPod.

4. Pixelbite_Games

Pixelbite_Games Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2010
    Game Developer
    Helsingborg, Sweden
    We're on it! We'll have an update ready ASAP.

5. Arravon17

Arravon17 Member

Sep 8, 2011
    :) Thank you!

6. beelzebubble

beelzebubble Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2012
    Thanks! Awesome work and an awesome game :)

7. jfc1976

jfc1976 Member

Dec 23, 2012
    Playing on 6+ now and they're great. Would prefer MFi support (dual stick games are why I bought the controller in the first place), but the touch controls are pretty solid, especially on 6+.

8. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Thanks man!

9. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Any chance you could add confirmation or warning of some kind for restart mission? Clicked it like 3 times already when I meant restart from checkpoint?

10. hansheinen

hansheinen Member

Jan 15, 2014
    Weapon + Loot Drops...

First of all, this game is AWESOME. Great art style, engine and control. Check all of the boxes for being a super engrossing experience.

My thoughts....

The sniper rifle seems to be hands-down the most effective and useful weapon in the game. The ability to see further than the screen limitation is absolutely necessary to avoid getting into a crossed-up firefight. So, that's cool... but means I really only use that weapon. Would love to see some different rifles, launchers, guided weapon stuff in the future. Something that gives me a reason to use another two-handed option, basically. The assault rifle is great, but the ammo count is low and it turns into an empty slot after a little while.

With all of the sleeping enemies and 'view-cones,' I'd love to see a melee animation/weapon. Or the ability to subdue. When another enemy type comes to investigate, you pop out and take care of everybody. Boom!

The single handed weapons/pistols seem to be underpowered and slow to reload. The only 'pistol' I use is the little Uzi because it's loaded with 80 rounds, has a sick firing rate and mows through anything. So again.... why use anything else?

Also, do the hats do anything for your stats? Or are they purely decorative? It would be neat to activate different attributes by wearing the gear besides vests....

Lastly... just want to reiterate how AWESOME this game is already. All of my ideas/questions above are just window dressing....I will still burn through this a few more times to improve stats and scores anyway. Great job!

11. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Looking forward to playing this. Sounds amazing.

12. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    I agree. I'm using sniper rifle from the beginning and since I got my hands on ATERE INCAL S2, I see no reason to switch to any other weapon yet. Btw, the Longbow Creek and its 4 minutes limit was the most challenging stage so far but it was worth to try over and over, to try different weapon combinations and finally finish it in time with 5 stars to get that sniper rifle. Do we get to use those laser weapons like the enemies using against us as well? It'd be cool. I can't stop playing this game, it's so amazing!

13. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    Btw,it's a damn shame that Repulze still has no controller support (i would gladly PAY for it) so bring on at least Repulze 2 soon ;)

14. gamer300

gamer300 Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2014
    Europe
    I don't really get whats happening.

At the start of the game, when i kill the first enemy and pick up his key, i walk on and find a place where i should use it. I try to tap the use button and it just makes go into or out of sneak mode. I can't seem to progress either, so i'm guessing you need to open it to go any further.

Am i doing something wrong here or is this just a bug?

15. Aravon17

Aravon17 Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2014
    It's a bug. A few pages back the dev mentioned they are working on a fix right now. I have the same prob. Can't play it until it's fixed. :(

However, they are working on it! :)

16. jedeye sniv

jedeye sniv Member

Jan 11, 2015
    I played a few missions of this (around an hour) and I am super impressed. Really gorgeous looking with nice shooting mechanics and fun gameplay. I think I will enjoy playing through this, it's got a lot of character. Also kudos for the cutscenes being quick and able to click through them.

17. islesfan

islesfan Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Male
    Teacher
    Nevada
    It looks good, but the controls are kinda wonky. Also, there is no difficulty curve. The enemies are all super easy until you have to get the key from Tiny who is indestructible. I'll try a couple more times before deleting and seeing my $5 wasted.

18. jedeye sniv

jedeye sniv Member

Jan 11, 2015

Shoot, move, repeat.

19. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Great game except for the controls. Don't like the shooting controls at all. Unless they change it I really can't give this the thumbs up. Auto aim would help too. I never like top down but if the controls were improved I could like it.

20. islesfan

islesfan Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Male
    Teacher
    Nevada
    I've tried that. I've also tried pipe bombs. Nothing hurts him, and then he opens up with that laser weapon and I'm toast in a second.