Universal Space Marshals (by Pixelbite)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jan 8, 2015.

1. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    I checked the description and read thru the thread, so if I missed this I apologize, but does this game support MFi? Seems like a natural fit

2. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Not yet.

3. duncanedi

duncanedi Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Montevideo, Uruguay
    Oh :) i didn´t get the minus part until you translated it :)

I like the idea of cowboys in space... kinda like cowboy bebop... :)

4. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Ok, so I had to put the other games aside and try this one and I can't put it away. It's so amazing! Well, I'm not surprised, I had quite high expectations from Pixelbite, but this is truly a masterpiece! If I'd be too nit-picky I'd might complain about full narration missing, but it's probably because I'm spoiled by e.g. Flyhunter Origins or Twelve a dozen, even though I'd appreciate the full narration for the "out of the world experience". That being said, the game is just perfect, highly recommended!

5. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    My only real complaint would be that some weapons do not vary enough, getting a new weapon isn't as rewarding as it could be as even getting a 2/3 star weapon it doesn't feel like much of an improvement to the earlier versions.

Although that said some are different in the way they fire or speed but damage doesn't change much.

But the game has so so much potential for weapons and missions and endless ect I hope it does well so we get more!

6. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    There doesn't seem to be much replay value.. No survival mode, no multiplayer, that's a bummer. And something tells me each new episode will be a 5 dollar IAP.. I'd happily pay more money if these things were included.. I've tweeted and emailed the developers asking if these features will be included in the future and no response.. It looks pretty cool but I think I'll pass.. Unless one of you convinces me ;)

7. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    If 13 thread pages and seventeen 5* reviews from TA users as myself don't convince you, nothing will…

8. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    I took the dive, and it is pretty fun. I'm not a big fan of dual stick shooters with virtual sticks, but they pull it off well here. I'm not too far in, but it looks like this 1st chapter, which is what the devs stated is what's included at launch, is about 2-3 or so hours. Knowing there will be more content makes me hope. I agree, this game needs some other modes.

An endless horde mode (single and co-op), some tactical "sabotage" type game, or even go Battlefield Rush style and have an expanding map for drop backs/advancement of one team (attackers) vs the other team (defenders).

There's so much potential for where this game could go....here's to hoping!

9. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    For some reason you just convinced me ;)

10. NexusInfinity

NexusInfinity Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2014
    Wow. Where can I find more games like this.

11. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    LOL. I hope you enjoy it as much as I'm doing ;)

12. deadcandance

deadcandance Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2013
    Repulze is the titties. Im buying this now.

13. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    Wow....can't believe this wasn't GOTW. Oh well....

14. lenogden1

lenogden1 Active Member

Jan 5, 2011
    How many missions?

So I'm at the mission where Blackburn us on a mt top directing activities...

U.S. this the last 1 ?

15. beelzebubble

beelzebubble Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2012
    Question, right after you get down to the planet's surface from the ship that you start on, you shoot a guy and pick up a key. There is a reddish skip/rough looking thing that it seems that you have to use the key on but no amount of swiping or touching the screen anywhere will make my character use the key. What the hell am I meant to do? The tutorial is pretty lacking so far.

16. funem

funem Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014
    I have android and iPhone and I probably spend more money on games than most people on here so I choose very carefully. I will probably buy this but it won't be straight away. The price hike on this game was because of the App Store price restructuring, I'm just going to see if the devs put the price back down again to its previous price. I prefer premium games and supporting devs and this looks like my type of game.

17. Saeedkhani

Saeedkhani New Member

Apr 24, 2014
    Simply one of the BEST games in APPSTORE / we should support the Developer for this game / hope EA and others learn from this game

18. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Is it just me, or does the aiming seems off to any one else? It's really annoying to have an ambush shot but it seems to randomly miss. I asume its just my lack of fine tuning, but I wanted to make sure.

19. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    Are you fine tuning the aim once you're lining up the shot? The thinner your line of fire, the closer u are to a crit. A few pages back, or was mentioned to keep a distance to get the maximum damage. That's weird, but maybe true.

DEVS: Can we please get a samurai sword or at least a Tac knife for true silent stealth kills? Maybe that's coming? Feels really lacking without

When u get within range of an objective that forces a certain requirement, move ur character closely around that object until u see the symbol from the objective also show in ur left "crosshair." Then simply just hit the left side analog (which is then a contextual action)....

20. beelzebubble

beelzebubble Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2012
    I did that literally a hundred times and no matter how much I push the left on screen analog stick symbol when it has the key symbol in the middle of it my guy just keeps crouching and standing over and over.

Thanks for the help, though.