Universal Space Marshals (by Pixelbite)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    #481 Solarclipse, Sep 5, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
    Yeah, the times missions were a little stressful, but I think they are a nice counterpoint. One thing if I remember right is you didn't know exactly how much time you had, which added extra and unnecessary pressure. Let me know when I will start getting docked. But also, I think the time pressure didn't always make sense. It's not that there is a bomb going off or clear that something bad is happening specifically in x minutes...so it feels a little forced to me.

I really enjoyed that there were different ways to go about the missions, and the diversity of items you could bring in...developing a stealth setup, a sniper, a brute...

It didn't seems like the clues were really necessary? Maybe because I tracked them down but I never saw a bonus for having or a consequence for not having them. It would be cool,for clues to allow secret side missions with extra challenges and prizes.

I really liked the train and space environments—and in general the variety—but the airlock, and the setup with the compartments in the train just made for a very interesting situation.

I find myself wondering if it would be more immersive to have fewer stages but in more expansive areas, making it more open world I guess...like, you could have an armory as base still but be able to carry a backpack for switching when you are not discovered by anyone. You know...more metroidvania or metal gear I guess...need items to get through certain places, secret passages, bosses...

It could be that there are certain exits that take you to a blueprint of the compound and then you can shortcut over, which would still compartmentalize things if that's important.

Maybe there is an undercover operation at gray water thst goes bad, and that sets things off, then maybe getting control of a large spaceship before it does irreparable damage...finding an assassin at a large public/political event before they do their job, but you have to find out who it is with clues, and how you can stop them...which then leads you back to something you missed at grey water, which now has reinforcements ...

That sounds fun. Various stat upgrades would be cool, but then I really like the current systems flexibility as you don't have a build you are stuck with...that said, however, it can be fun to play the game all the way through in different styles. Maybe a balance is best. Enhancements that you can shift around. Some different boots, maybe too. :) as long as the stat upgrades are balanced, so I'm the end if you get all of the, you can still go any which way strategy wise.

That's my three cents.

2. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    I REALLY like the open world suggestion! That could be amazing with what the dev has in place right now.

3. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Put this on steam please, I'll buy it again.

4. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Is the game too hard or fair? It seems very interesting from what I've read.

5. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    It's very fair imho. You can play the same mission different ways and succeed. Even if you finish a mission badly you can snag a prize and come back to it later with better gear. I found myself playing many missions over again to get the best gear out of it but really enjoying it—doesn't feel like grinding.

6. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Woah... Just went free.

7. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    I was literally going to buy this Yesterday, but I bought Retro City Rampage instead.. Damn, that was some fine timing on all accounts.. I am a happy guy..

8. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    It's been on my watch list for ages, but I was waiting to clear my backlog rather than for a price drop. But free? Screw the backlog!

9. marius

marius New Member

Aug 26, 2014
    #489 marius, Apr 18, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
    Ethics

I haven't played Space Marshals yet.
    Do you think there's some kind of morality in this game or it just feels like mindlessly killing others? Killing others here might be justified because you're accomplishing some sort of "justice" missions. However, for example, in a PC game like Metro 2033, shooting enemies dead is not the most awarded method for advancing in the game.
    In principle, I don't particularly like shooter video games. But I've read that Space Marshals is not just a common third-person shooter. Would you advise me to try it?

10. PraetorianX

PraetorianX Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    It is not an FPS. And if you are after morality in video games..... you are in the wrong forums.

11. PsYcHoNoVa

PsYcHoNoVa Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2013
    
    2 Suggestions.

This is an enjoyable, very well made game. However I have 2 suggestions. (1) When "sneaking" around, there should be an option to "knock out" an enemy out from behind. I don't see the point of being able to sneak up 3 feet behind an enemy, and then have to shoot to kill him. (2) I would like it if the camera was closer to the action. I feel too far away from everything, and I'm playing on an iPad. You could have an options setting for the camera, with "Far" and "Close" to choose from.

12. midasmulligan

midasmulligan Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2015
    Agree with the sneaking aspect? Why creep up on someone only to blast them with a shotgun? I suppose you can just creep by them, but if it requires you kill a high value target, some sort of stealth attack would be welcome.

13. marius

marius New Member

Aug 26, 2014
    #493 marius, Apr 18, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
    I think you may discuss any aspect of the video game...
    And yes you're right, it's not a FPS it's a third-person shooter or a top-down shooter (as the game developer describes it), I got confused.

14. blebhertz

blebhertz Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Must have

This is an awesome game.
    I can't believe it's free. If they make a sequel, i will definitely buy it.

15. jn2002dk

jn2002dk Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Denmark
    You may but asking for morality in games is the same as asking for it in any other creative work. It's entirely up to the developers. Ultimately it's the vision of the devs and shooting mindless enemies is a stable of video games since their inception

If that's an issue for you i'm sure there are plenty of match 3 games you can play - unless of course mindlessly destroying innocent blocks of graphics is an issue for you

On the topic of the game - It's really good right up until the part with
    the abandoned mine where it goes from a stealth game to a run and gun kinda thing with those alien spider monster. Those monster completely ruined the experience for me and to be honest i like Xenowerks more

16. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    Exactly. Would Ted Cruz play this game? Lol He won't even let you play with...

17. marius

marius New Member

Aug 26, 2014
    I think that discussing about morals in video games is interesting even if some may find that it's ridiculous or off-topic.
    In my opinion forum members may discuss anything about the game of their choice; the scope of this Space Marshals thread is broad, I think...

18. Takeo_Masaki

Takeo_Masaki Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2014
    Student
    England
    I have a suggestion: Bring this game to steam.... I have pretty much moved from mobile to PC and I would like to take some of my best games with me but it ain't possible lol. Please bring this game to steam and I'll play it all the time, thanks

19. Mistrog

Mistrog New Member

Jul 4, 2016
    Final clue

Did you walk into the waterfall on Gavin's trail?

20. Mistrog

Mistrog New Member

Jul 4, 2016
    Final clue

Did you walk into the waterfall on Gavin's trail?