Universal Space Marshals (by Pixelbite)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Grimstone82

Grimstone82 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Northbrook, IL
    Yeah me too, I think it makes much more sense that way. I'm an Android user (as well as iOS) and all the per app settings are located within the app itself so that's really what I'm used to (even though I've had every iPhone since the 4 and 5 different iPads lol). Having to exit the app only to go into another app to change settings is very cumbersome.

2. bilboa

bilboa Well-Known Member

May 23, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
    That said, I do like settings to be accessible in a standard way, I just prefer them to be accessible without leaving the app. Android, OS X and Windows 8 all have standardized ways of accessing settings, but from within the app. iOS's recommended way of doing it is weird and inconvenient, so it's not surprising a lot of developers ignore that particular Apple guideline, though when they ignore it, they all have their own non-standard ways of accessing settings.

3. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Damn, the crossbow is pretty much gamebreaking.

I can kill people right in front of enemies' faces without them noticing since it's so quiet

4. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Trying to use an MFi controller (Steelseries Stratus, connected and used to play Goblin Sword moments earlier) on iPhone 6 Plus, and the game doesn't recognize it, it doesn't work at all. This game is just not 6 Plus friendly at all
    :D

5. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Turn on the controller AFTER you launch the game. Worked for most of use who had the same problem at first.

6. Grimstone82

Grimstone82 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Northbrook, IL

iOS's way of doing a lot of things is weird and inconvenient. But, Apple is our almighty god so who are we to question their decisions?!?? lol

Open up the game and then turn on the controller. I have a Moga Rebel and that's how I had to do it at first, though now it seems to work just fine.

7. skylined87

skylined87 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2014
    I have had this sitting on my phone since it came out, but I just got around to playing it yesterday. All I have to say is... WOW! This game is just simply amazing! I wish there were more mobile titles like this! The graphics are so clean and crisp, the gameplay is super fun, there is just too many good things about this game to be put into words!! ###

8. cmichaelb

cmichaelb New Member

Jan 31, 2009
    #388 cmichaelb, Mar 10, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
    Ahhh there is one mission - Longbow Creek - where I only have 75% of it complete. I wonder if that's that issue.

[​IMG]

9. HelperMonkey

HelperMonkey Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Iowa
    Just ask Daryl from The Walking Dead...

10. brerlappin

brerlappin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    It would be great if we had Chapter #'s and Mission #'s listed with the synopsis info on the world map.

11. Pixelbite_Games

Pixelbite_Games Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2010
    Game Developer
    Helsingborg, Sweden
    We want your feedback

HEY GUYS!

So - seeing quite a few active players in this forum. Just wanted to reach out to say that we'd love if you wanted to share your opinion on Space Marshals so far. Both generally and specifically. Best/worst experience from the game and what specific weapons, pickups and armor etc. are useful or useless – anything and everything is appreciated really.

So if you feel like it – please share your point of view with us and send us your feedback to [email protected]

Cheers!

12. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    I just began the second chapter. Worst chapter in the game. I won't be buying future chapters if you do this again. It's just ridiculous with these controls to try and fight your way through enemies with this stun gun. It's the controls that stuff it up for me as well as a lack of zoom. I just can't work these controls with my large thumb.

The shooting controls spoil this game for me and have stopped me playing it because they're plain stupid. Auto aim with just a button press would have been much more palatable with the kind of shooting system you have now for a hard mode.

So better shooting controls and a zoom would make this game heaps better for me.

13. ChokingBlue

ChokingBlue Member

Apr 15, 2014
    U mad??? Only person iv seen on the forums that dislikes the controls. im super happy with episode 2 and the variation the levels bring. with the stun gun you need to actually touch it to an enemies back to shock them :)

14. worldcitizen1919

Jun 27, 2012
    I've only just started the 2nd chapter but I'm not making much headway with the stun gun. Frustrating!! You got to stun them from the back you say? I'll give it another go.

15. worldcitizen1919

Jun 27, 2012
    That did it thanks!!!! Completed in a jiffy.

16. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    How old are you? Almost every post I see from you sounds super immature and entitled. You paid for the game ONCE, and they have been giving free DLC. You are literally the only person who has complained about the controls- this is a stealth action shooter, not Meltdown.

17. speetz

speetz Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Is it possible to get this to work for iPhone 4? I know it's not supported but I am praying on hopes and dreams :/

18. netmute

netmute Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2012
    Finally picked this up, but can't really get into it :(

The draw and shot mechanic feels not fast enough for a frantic firefight. And sneaking up to an enemy from behind does not always kill him. Why bother with being stealthy if it results in an all out firefight anyway?

Not my cup of tea I guess :/

19. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    There are weapons for sneaking, even from long range, and some just arent built for "backstabbing."

20. The Son of Anarchy

The Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    Stick with it dude, you'll unlock at least one, sometimes several new weapons with each level you finish. The beauty about the game is that it suits your own personal play style. You can be stealthy and fight from afar or go in all guns blazing, or even a combo of both. You obviously liked the look of the game and bought it, my advice for what it's worth is to stick with it, in a couple new weapons time you'll have awesome weapons that suit you and the game becomes incredibly more fun and a little easier because you'll finally have the right weapons for the job.

I saw your comment and thought it'd be a shame if you let such an awesome game slip you by.