Universal Space Marshals (by Pixelbite)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Ghostdog1

Ghostdog1 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Game Impressions

Thanks a lot for the second chapter.
    It's really good, but it misses a lot the feeling of the first one. Somehow it's more a shooter and not a sneaky stealth game. Also the run-against-the-clock-levels are destroying for me the game a lot. This game started with so much strategy in it, how to approach an enemy, but in 80% of all second chapter situations only option is to shoot all enemies. Most weapons are designed to never be used by a player, cause they are so underpowered and bad to handle. So why do the developers put them in? The western setting was also in the first chapter very unique. In the second its more a si-fi game with bugs that i have seen in a ton of games.
    This game update is for free - i know - but i don't like it as much as the first one. The replay value is much smaller now.

2. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    I love the new weapons and especially the new critters, puts the space in space marshals :D

3. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    You have to look at it as a whole game, not chapters.

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Wut? 1+1 is not 0.5.

5. Aerys

Aerys Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2014
    Timed levels again? And I was hoping there would be none in chapter 2.
    I played only a little of first mission and first impressions are far from those that I had when starting chapter 1. Hope it gets better.

6. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    #366 Based Xatu, Mar 6, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
    The first stealth mission brings up a lot of issues from the first chapter- the stealth mechanics are so bare. Stealth is limited to ducking and ambushes, but actually sneaking up on a target is just laughable. You move like a drunk middle aged man, and im not sure if thats intentional, but sneaking in this game is more of a hassle than it needs to be.

7. brerlappin

brerlappin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    The update is great!

Hoping the next one will let you continue a level if you get a phone call or check mail. Having to start over everytime is frustrating.

8. carlisimo

carlisimo Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2009
    I was pretty surprised by the jump in difficulty in the second chapter. In chapter 1 I didn't sneak much, so that was a steep learning curve. The last part of the 1st level, when you get downstairs and there are three enemies who cover each other pretty well, took me a while to figure out. Then in the next level I kept shooting over the dredgers, but I think I've gotten the hang of it.

Anyway, I'm having a lot of fun.

My only technical complaint is that the game seems to quit every time the iPad (Air 2) goes to sleep, even if it's only for a moment. When the device wakes up, it's at the home screen. I don't think any of my other apps do that, even the largest games. They might restart (splash screen, initial loading, etc.) but this game doesn't even do that.

And maybe it's just coincidence, but I only seem to get asked to review the game when I'm nowhere near a wifi connection.

9. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    I'm really enjoying chapter 2 so far, it's different than chapter 1 and in a good way! - it adds more shootery scenes which in my opinion is good as it adds more variety requiring a different play style. Well done!

10. JMan121314

JMan121314 Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2014
    Agreed I feel like they were creative and not just making more levels

11. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    After completing and replaying Chapter 1 several times over and over, the different scenarios and level of difficulty is refreshing and welcomed. I was taken a back a bit by the default, non-changeable battle suit and weapon configuration when boarding the ship in space, but it makes sense, and like each of the levels, one needs to identify what approach works. Although the year is still quite young, this is at the top of my list for Game of the Year for the iPad.

12. Grimstone82

Grimstone82 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Northbrook, IL
    Has anybody figured out if you can sync progress between two devices midway through the game? I know it gives you the option when you first start a game but like an idiot I declined but want to sync my progress now. Any insight would be appreciated.

13. brerlappin

brerlappin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Go to Settings ->Space Marshalls->Flip the Ask for iCloud switch

14. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Finished chapter 2, enjoyed it a lot, the added gameplay variety, the fact that some levels don't require hunting for "clues" (never saw the point in it), the new enemies and challenges. It was a bit shorter than chapter 1 but that's ok. Definitely looking forward to chapter 3.

Btw, the update description says: "at least 8 new missions" -- does that mean there might be some secret mission hidden away?

15. carlisimo

carlisimo Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2009
    I need help getting through the first level of chapter 2 without the disguise and weapon. I can sometimes make it almost to the elevator - usually I'm shot to death before it can descend; that last stretch is difficult to sneak through. On the rare occasion that I make it downstairs, I can't get past the three guards, one of them a sniper. They can see each other, so I'm not sure what I should do.

16. cmichaelb

cmichaelb New Member

Jan 31, 2009
    I cant even find where to access chapter two, and I've finished Chapter one weeks ago. What am I missing?

17. Pixelbite_Games

Pixelbite_Games Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2010
    Game Developer
    Helsingborg, Sweden
    We're currently looking into this - It's possible that the numbers don't match! Will fix this ASAP.

18. justplainjay

justplainjay Well-Known Member

If you've completed all of chapter one and installed the update you should see it in between the ship and computer on your home base

19. Grimstone82

Grimstone82 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Northbrook, IL
    THANK YOU!!! I keep forgetting that on iOS you access app settings from within the settings app and not the actual app. It's so wonky lol.

20. bilboa

bilboa Well-Known Member

May 23, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
    To make matters worse, many developers don't follow that guideline and do put settings in the app itself instead of the Settings app. So you never know for sure where to look for settings. Personally I much prefer the settings to be in the app itself.