Universal Space Marshals (by Pixelbite)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    We seem to have similar taste in games, and it's rare that I have one before you ;)

It's a great game that's for sure! Not sure why I haven't finished chapter 1 yet! I think I am close but instead of finishing it I keep trying to 100% all the levels. Maybe I'll just go for it tonight :)

2. Stevencarla

Stevencarla Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2011
    HONG KONG
    anyone have any ideas of how to kill the enemies silently? as i always have to shoot 2 times at least to kill them....

3. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Reporting a bug, this is a screencap of the screen the game freezes on post-update on the iPhone 6 Plus.

All other apps closed, re-start after install, running latest iOS.

4. Quazonk

Mar 30, 2011
    Whoops, pic didn't attach. Let's try that again :)

Attached Files:

5. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Kinda funny that the best "release" of this week was a free content update for this game. These developers really nailed it with this game.

6. HelperMonkey

HelperMonkey Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Iowa
    Did anyone else notice that in the updated icon the marshal is no longer holding a gun? He's been disarmed by the AppStore patrol!

7. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    With the stun gun you mean? Takes 1 go for me but I think you've got to wait for it to charge between shots

8. SunHpp

SunHpp Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Male
    Developer
    Just wonder, is it a pre-rendered graphics game, or this is just real-time 3D ?

9. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Agreed.

10. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Was just thinking same thing. This is definitely my goty so far by quite a large stretch. With Mifi control it just feels like the perfect console game. Even without its still got some of the best touch controls I've come across.

11. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    No.What would make you think it's pre-rendered?

12. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Please make plenty more chapters, an ongoing story and I think you can charge per episode or bi episode. Don't compromise the quality or formula of the game (if it ain't broke don't fix it). Add different characters to control with perhaps rpg elements.

Last advice is don't be too long between releases but also don't rush release. This game has years of life.

13. Quazonk

Mar 30, 2011
    #353 Quazonk, Mar 6, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
    Loving the awesome update reviews...too bad those of us with a 6 Plus can't play it at all :(

Edit: After some trial and error tinkering with the options of the phone, I have identified the bug. The game fails to launch on iPhone 6 Plus if you have the "view" setting on your 6 Plus set to "zoomed" instead of "standard".

14. Stevencarla

Stevencarla Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2011
    HONG KONG
    is it possible to kill with one shot by using the pistrol ? ive tried to shoot in behind in a very close range but still couldnt get him kill. are there any tips for using the pistrol??

15. Pixelbite_Games

Pixelbite_Games Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2010
    Game Developer
    Helsingborg, Sweden
    Thanks for reporting this. We'll look into it ASAP!

16. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Im reaaaally impressed with this game.

Im still one-more-run short of getting 100% in the first mission vs the sniper, but i already know this is GOTY material.

The game actually reminds me of Killzone Liberation on the PSP, which i consider to be one of the PSP's best titles.

17. Pixelbite_Games

Pixelbite_Games Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2010
    Game Developer
    Helsingborg, Sweden
    Just had this checked out and it seems to launch the game just fine - just the start loading screen that seems to go a little nuts. But you should def be able to play.

The workaround for now is to use standard vision if the game seems to not load for you until we have laucnhed an update including a fix for this.

18. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Funniest online community I've ever had. The hackers on there would cause your PSP to crash if you made them mad. Did you ever try MGS:pO?

19. Quazonk

Mar 30, 2011
    #359 Quazonk, Mar 6, 2015
    A few pages back you'll see a screen shot of the freeze screen I was getting every time I launched the app (the loading screen didn't "go a little nuts", it actually froze every time and never went beyond that).
    I remember a while ago there was a bug with another game involving the 6 Plus "zoomed" mode, so I thought I'd try turning it off as a part of my troubleshooting. Sure enough, the app has launched flawlessly each time since.

What a fantastic game, and what a fantastic update. Hats off to you, Pixelbite, games like this breathe life into the platform.

20. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #360 Exact-Psience, Mar 6, 2015
    LOL yeah... The online's flooding with hackers. But in fairness, it was still a pretty good multiplayer implementation.

The singleplayer's pretty fantastic though, and so is the coop. Was playing with a couple monster hunter friends and had a blast.

Didnt own MPO, but Peace Walker IMO was the best MGS title during its time. ;)

Those said, playing a few more runs in Space Marshalls and the KZLiberation vibe is really there. :D