Universal Space Marshals (by Pixelbite)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jan 8, 2015.

1. davagorn

davagorn Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    I believe it's 3-star—that's the highest rank in the game so far, right?

Think it's on the mission where you have only 10 minutes to kill all the bosses who are terrorizing the locals. Just finished that in 10:32, but the one prize I *couldn't* pick looked like a sweet sniper rifle. :)

2. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Ah, I got that one. It is extremely high powered with a good range indeed. Reading the previous comments I thought there was an even better version of it.

And the mines?

3. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    The mines are earned from dynamite bob or whatever his name is.

On a side note: it would be nice if you add procedurally generated levels/ and or an arena. I would have gladly paid for this content, and if you choose to make it DLC, I wouldn't be complaining.

4. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    Game Impressions

I've been playing this game over the last several days. It's really an excellent game and I'm having a lot of fun with it. I would highly recommend it for anyone sitting on the fence.

5. JMan121314

JMan121314 Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2014
    I second this... best game i've played in a while.

6. scottsoapbox

scottsoapbox Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Ditto. Except I haven't quite collected everything yet. Awesome game & Ch 2 can't come soon enough.

7. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    #287 Gwarmaxx, Feb 10, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2015
    i've finished SM and enjoyed a lot, but i don't understand why so much hype for it on this thread, as if it were a new kind of revolutionary game!

i agree that's a very good game, but it's nothing that hasn't already seen, imho, plus an addition of a couple of new ideas (like the sniper rifles).

apparently it seems that no one here has ever played the underestimated Gloomy Hollow.

edit: and also find very tedious to have to repeat 4 or 5 times the same levels, with the same enemies in the same locations, to find guns and stuff which sometimes prove to be even useless.

Attached Files:

8. Freeway82

Freeway82 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Is it possible to take out an enemy stealthily from the back using hands in this game? If so how exactly? I just can't seem to figure it out.

Or do I have to either avoid them or shoot them thus alerting everybody?

What if I want to play it stealthily without shooting anything? Is that even possible?

9. Bytebrain

Bytebrain Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    No, that's not possible, but you can shoot without alerting anyone. There's several silent weapons in the game.

10. Bytebrain

Bytebrain Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    I found this game to be outstanding, and I didn't find it a chore to repay levels for upgraded equipment.

I haven't played Gloomy Hollow, but if it's anything as good as this game, I'll definitely purchase it.

11. Based Xatu

Aug 27, 2013
    Gloomy hollow had IAP, bugs, and chugged like a drunken frat boy. It was essentially shovel ware after release, I don't know how you're comparing this, especially since this games virtual controls actually work.

12. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    #292 syntheticvoid, Feb 10, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2015
    I was thinking the exact same thing... The controls in Gloomy Hollow were so bad. And the collision detection... Trying to walk around in a game should not cause so much frustration...

I was hoping they'd have some sort of post-release support, but unfortunately that never happened. =o/

Now it's left there with loads of bugs and unsatisfied customers.

13. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    #293 Gwarmaxx, Feb 11, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
    did not compare them, i've just told that imo SM is overrated in this thread as if it was a revolution in the game industry!!!

regarding GH, i've put it as a comparison 'cause was the first and nearest of the same genre to came to my mind (bugs and control issues aside), but there are hundreds in that genre for every device, just that... just my personal view.

edit: besides it's really short, and with a couple of updated guns you can finished it easly, didn't feel the challenge in it, sorry pal but games are not only "outstanding graphics"!

14. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Oh boy EP is going to be happy about this update!

15. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Aw man that update got my hopes up for new content. Looks like it's some features added that won't affect me. But for people that use controllers it'll be nice.

16. Based Xatu

Aug 27, 2013
    We only have to wait one more month.

17. Bad Hanson

Bad Hanson Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Somnambulist
    The Westcountry UK
    #297 Bad Hanson, Feb 11, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
    Hey Pixelbite, if you're reading these comments..thanks for being good to your word and adding controller support. Happy customer :)
    The game plays great with my StratusXL. Very nice job with the mapping. I wish all devs put as much thought into comprehensive controller mapping. Good job.

18. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    #298 chief78, Feb 12, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
    To piggyback, awesome game and can't wait for what's to come. All the non-believers....really? This is and will most likely be a top 3 game of the year. It is seriously that well executed. And considering the dev....do ur homework, come back, and then comment....we're sure you'll have a different opinion. I was seriously confused (and kind of pissed off at the same time) when I saw negative feedback for this game and it's setup....really? Oh well. Can't please everyone. Haters will hate, the rest of us will support this awesome endeavor and "keep up international relations" with those who don't see the light ;)

P.S. Not u L.L. :)

19. bilboa

bilboa Well-Known Member

May 23, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
    I just tried 1.0.6 with my Mad Catz CTRLi and the game just behaves like there's no controller at all. The controller is definitely connected, and works fine with other games. I'm using an iPad 4, with iOS 8.1.2. Has anyone else tried this game with a Mad Catz yet?

20. razorracer83

razorracer83 Well-Known Member

#300 razorracer83, Feb 12, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
    Mad Catz C.T.R.L.i user here. Also with an iPad 4 (finally an update that focuses on the iPad 4, it's practically the red headed stepchild to the Air line right now. Even the iPad 3 gets better support across the board FFS, but I digress). The Mad Catz controller works perfectly fine with the game. Played a full level with the controller and it was awesome. Try updating to 8.1.3 if that will help.