Universal Space Marshals (by Pixelbite)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jan 8, 2015.

1. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Glad your enjoying it, it is a great game and with episode 2 definitely being done as a free update it just makes it even better.

2. JMan121314

JMan121314 Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2014
    I like this game but I yet to finish it and now a free update coming so soon these devs are amazing. Really one of the best games I have bought in a while on the appstore.

I guess I have not finished it because I keep wanting to find everything on a level before I continue and I keep dying :)

3. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    It's not a bad strategy. That'll be the only way to unlock everything, and there's a 5* sniper rifle worth grinding (as well as a sweet SMG for ur pistol spot, and 2 variations on he armor, depending on ur play style).

4. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Is the rifle you get from the sniper fellas mission (if you 5* it) the best one or is there another one that I've not come across yet?

5. Bubbapook

Bubbapook Active Member

Sep 5, 2012
    So a few people have no posted about this, with no one really responding -- the cloud sync is totally broken.

I have a game about an hour in on my iPad, and when I installed the game on my iPhone it just starts from the beginning every single time. I tried the suggestion of playing the tutorial for a bit, but then the game just stays at the beginning no matter how many times I force close the app or reinstall it. When launching the game after a reinstall it doesn't ask me if I want to cloud sync either so the whole thing just seems completely borked if you play on more than one device.

Great game and I'm really enjoying it, but I honestly don't know how so many devs can still get cloud sync so wrong nowadays.

6. Pixelbite_Games

Pixelbite_Games Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2010
    Game Developer
    Helsingborg, Sweden
    Please follow the steps below to troubleshoot the problem.

1.) iCloud vs iCloud Drive.
    Both devices must use the same type of cloud. In iOS8 iCloud Drive was introduced. Devices using iCould Drive uses a different storage space compared to "old" iCloud and therefore a sync is not possible between iCloud and iCloud Drive.

Make sure both devices use the same cloud. Check in "Settings -> iCloud" in the iOS menus if iCloud Drive is enabled.

2.) Check if Space Marshals saved anything in the cloud.
    You can see when Space Marshals last saved to the cloud. Check in "Settings -> Space Marshals" in the iOS menus.

If there is no data saved to the cloud then enable "Ask for iCloud" in "Settings -> Space Marshals" and restart the game.
    Start the game, choose to enable iCloud and lastly start any mission. That should trigger a save to the cloud.

3.) Perform step 2 for the device that tries to load the data as well.

I hope this is to some assistance!

7. Pixelbite_Games

Mar 2, 2010
    Game Developer
    Helsingborg, Sweden
    Space marshals giveaway!!

Don't miss the oportunity of getting SPACE MARSHALS for FREE!! Check out our contest on twitter - https://twitter.com/pixelbite

8. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Hey, THANKS! I learnt through that tweet that you had bundles, checked them andÂ… got Reckless Racing 3 and Repulze for free! :D I guess that buying RR1, RR2 and Space Marshals full price was the reason :)

9. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Ooh... Will check the bundles out tomorrow, I have been hearing good things about repulse!

10. LousyHero

LousyHero Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2009
    My icloud save troubles cleared up the next day. Dont know why, or how, just chalked it up to science and moved on. The thing is i would have played through this again even if my save had been messed up. It is one of the best original ios games i have played. Everything was just so intuitive and having a stealth/sniping game as a dual stick shooter turned out to be amazing with the way they handled the controls.

Collected everything, eagerly waiting on chapter 2.

11. brerlappin

brerlappin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    #271 brerlappin, Feb 5, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
    What worked for me was doing a hard reset (home button plus sleep/wake simultaneously for 10 seconds).

Hopefully it'll work for others too.

12. brerlappin

Feb 10, 2009
    #272 brerlappin, Feb 5, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
    Can't wait for Chapter 2!

13. xander134

xander134 Member

Jul 14, 2013
    New York
    Really enjoying this on my iPad, but it's a bit cramped on my iPhone when I need to see so much of what's going on all the time.

I'd live to see MFi controller super added with a future update or a subsequent chapter's release.

14. JMan121314

JMan121314 Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2014
    I just finished part 1 talk about cliffhanger... Looking forward to part 2.

Can I do anything else now in the empty camp or just replay and master the old levels and stuff?

How many chapters are they going to make? I'm looking forward to the future chapters.

15. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    It says in the decryption 1 of 3 chapters but they have confirmed the second. But yes I master all the old level for the gear.

16. davagorn

davagorn Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    I can't recall seeing that rifle...one thing I wish was that once you completed a level, there was a list of gear from that level, like on the mission select screen. Sometimes I play all the way through a level, only to discover that the one piece of gear I haven't gotten yet is something like a hat, rather than a sniper rifle! :)

On another point, I discovered a cool technique on the final level, mostly for giggles:
    assuming you have land mines, you can seed the entire final mansion full of them (i used probably 30+) before the bad guys show up, which makes escaping with your prisoner a whole lot easier!

Such a great game. Can't wait for the next chapter.

17. Bubbapook

Bubbapook Active Member

Sep 5, 2012
    Hi there! Thank you for the explanation.

Unfortunately, none of the above has fixed the issue. On my iPhone 5, I have reinstalled the game three times now, and "Ask for iCloud" is always enabled in settings. However no matter how many times I restart the game, it never asks me if I want to enable icloud in the game.

So there's no way to sync because the game never actually asks if I want to use it. I have tried toggling the "Ask for icloud" setting on and off repeatedly.

Like I said, it's broken.

18. Pixelbite_Games

Mar 2, 2010
    Game Developer
    Helsingborg, Sweden
    What iPad are you using? and what OS systmems are you running on your devices?

19. brerlappin

Feb 10, 2009
    Bubbapook - do a hard reset of BOTH devices. It should magically work after that.

20. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    On which mission can I find the mines and the 5-star rifle?