Universal Space Marshals (by Pixelbite)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jan 8, 2015.

1. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I do agree though I hate rush gameplay so only play like that when re doing levels for the 3/4th time for rewards.

I have't completed yet as I have t played in days but for me part of the game is getting everything I can before moving on, currently using the sniper, Uzi, proximity mines and grenades.

Got the crossbow and tomahawk ect but not keen on those or the assult rifle yet, I prefer the quick shooting shotgun to stealth and blow people's faces off.

But yes they could do so much with this with weapons, armour, appearance and missions ect and I hope they do.

2. DanF

DanF Member

May 25, 2012
    SF Bay Area
    Fantastic

I don't post much, but I had to say how fantastic this game is. (I picked it up a few days ago thanks to the Editor's Choice pick on the App Store--I missed the article here.) Love the game play, the controls are pretty much perfect, and I like the diversity of objectives (non-timed, timed, etc.). I've completeted everything except the 450-mercenary achievement, and I'd gladly pay another $5 or $10 for more episodes. One of the best iOS games I've played.

A tip for those having trouble with particular levels: Instead of repeating a level over and over until you get every objective and reward, you may find it easier to move on to other levels first -- the rewards in some later levels make previous levels easier. I jumped around quite a bit.

3. piraterob

piraterob Member

Sep 28, 2013
    I'm so not generally a fan of rush gameplay but here it's fine. I finished the campaign before getting 100% on any of the rush levels. I still only have 100% on 1 of the 3. The rush levels are a nice variation and a lot of fun for a quick re-play. Just switch out long range and sneaky weapons for heavy ones.

Generally this is one of the best iOS games I've played recently. There's a decent amount of variety. The progression is fun and I never felt like I was stuck with crappy equipment. Once I'd got used to the controls they've been really good.

4. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    Wow I've tried to reach the developers for over a week.. No response to my emails, tweets or private messages here.. This game could be awesome but i much rather support someone who cares about their clientele.. I'm glad I didn't buy this

5. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Why bother trying to contact them if you don't have it anyway?

6. Luciano1084

May 8, 2014
    #206 Luciano1084, Jan 15, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
    Why? Uhhhh because I have questions ❓❓❓And it's not regarding gameplay because I would have asked here :)

7. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Luciano1084: No offense, but what questions can you possibly have to ask before buying the game and trying for yourself? Did you read through 21 pages of this discussion to try to find any answers? The developer is active here, at least aknowledged about this thread and I'm sure if there's anything relevant, you'll get your answers. Why not to ask here than? According to this thread and Game Center stats it's pretty big community of players around the game already, maybe someone might be to your assistance with the questions. But expressing negative opinion and joy about not buying the game or offend the developer for being careless about their costumers because you didn't get your answer for a couple of days doesn't seem right. Just think about it. Despite your behaviour the offer still stands, just ask here if you want to know anything about the game. Maybe we can help.

8. Luciano1084

May 8, 2014
    #208 Luciano1084, Jan 15, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
    None taken.. I always ask questions here and TA members always help me out.. I was just trying to inquire about future updates and features.. A simple " I don't know " would have been great.. And I'm not trying to offend anybody.. The reality is I emailed, tweeted and PM'd them over a week ago (not a couple of days) and no response..

P.S. I appreciate you trying to help ❤️

9. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Pretty sure they said that on one of the early pages.
    They are going to have more content, but they are concentrating on the launch at the moment so have no real details to share.

I will have a look to see if i can find the quote...

Edit From page two, in response to a question about chapter 2&3

10. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    No problem, I understand. I'm just saying this game is worth it's price and making any considerations about buying it by the possible future updates or features seems kinda useless. This is Pixelbite we're talking about. I wouldn't worry about the updates, just a couple of weeks ago they released massive update for their Reckless Racing original game with updated graphics, it's pretty obvious they care. But of course, it's up to you to decide. I'm still enjoying this game even though I finished it already on 100%. Sure, I'd like to know ETA of Chapter 2 as well, but I guess it's ready when it's ready, right?;) There's still a replay value in increasing the scores and climbing up the ladder in leaderboards until then I guess.

11. Luciano1084

May 8, 2014
    Thanks @mess ###

12. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Aye as he said the dev did comment here on that once.

I suspect it depends how well the game does.

13. Luciano1084

May 8, 2014
    Gotcha, yeah I'm one of those people who does thorough research on ANYTHING before I spend my money on it.. And I don't agree with the premise that I have to own it to ask questions like the gentleman in the previous page implied.. That's silly.. I still love you guys though.. Oh and feel free to add me on GC ; luciano1084

14. Luciano1084

May 8, 2014
    Gotcha, thanks brotha

15. Luciano1084

May 8, 2014
    Thanks guys and I apologize if I came off as that "frustrated gamer dude" .. I'll go play some dragon quest now ####

16. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Well, I'm just trying to support as many premium games as possible because my hatred to currently so popular freemium model is indescribable;) I'm kinda new to iOS gaming myself (around a year give or take) but there's a couple developers already on my list I'm willing to support in blink of an eye when their game is out. Simply because they've already proven their qualities and that's what counts. Yeah, so much for that, I'll rather stay on topic.

17. Luciano1084

May 8, 2014
    Definitely, same here.. I've spent hundreds if not thousands on games in the App Store.. I don't hesitate buying a 20 dollar game if the product is good..

18. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Honestly I doubt you'd regret it if you buy this just from what's already in it. It's a good game and well worth the price, besides it does say this is the first chapter of 3 so I should hope they will come through on that. But even as it is if it were standalone it's worth it.

Not many dual stick shooter games end up being that fun for me the main one I remember is zombiewood and can't remember the name now? That mini one where you have a big square head....but anyway it's nothing like the others that I've played on iOS.

19. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    MINIGORE 2: ZOMBIES ;)

20. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    While I'm not a big fan of the timed challenges (I believe there are only two), I'm glad I bought this game on Day One. This combines some great dual stick mechanics with stealth game play. The controls aren't finicky, but do take some getting used to, esp. with baddies breathing down your back. The pay-off for the game is extremely rewarding and I can't wait for more levels.

My only question is that I can revisit levels that I thought were completed (killed all the baddies, got all the hidden clues, and rescued people, if required). However, the level summary will say that I'm only 88% complete. Does anyone know why?