Universal Space Marshals 2 (by Pixelbite)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Aug 24, 2016.

1. phred

phred Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Tami's "shotgun" is awesome

Great for knocking people off of ledges. Even more useful to knock someone to the ground prior to choking them out. You can also use it to knock enemies out of windows.

2. AccordionNoir

AccordionNoir Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Electric Take Down

You have to eliminate the shield first (yellow "health" line), but go carefully so you don't do too much damage (green health line). Then take down.

3. AccordionNoir

AccordionNoir Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Bog Bandits, last Parts on the Island?

Is there a solution to the get to the little island where the last parts are in Mission 5 "Bog Bandits" of the new Ava update?

I don't need to know how, just whether there's a way.

4. AccordionNoir

AccordionNoir Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Oh, just figured it out. That was driving me mad.

5. paulthemuller

paulthemuller Member

Nov 21, 2017
  6. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Thank you. I'll holla if I have questions

7. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Ah....thanks for that.

I think I got all the parts now. Some tricky ones

Crackdown
    use the demo charge to reveal a ladder
    Tower of deceit
    there’s a ladder hidden in the very northeastern corner to get to the area east of card A. You’ll need to get good with your drone!

You’ll need that piece in crackdown for the teleport, which is the only way to get to one of the spare parts in tower of deceit.

8. Gambler

Gambler Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    Duh - Seems so logical in hindsight

Thank u so much :)

9. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    #169 ColeDaddy, Nov 21, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
    Is the only way to save your progress is by completing a mission? I hate having to view the framing sequences. Every. Single. Time. It would be great to have save points throughout the missions

10. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Considering how many people here struggled with how to choke out the electro-shield enemies, I think it’s something that should have been stated somewhere in the game while training, because I had just assumed that you couldn’t choke them out...it wasn’t a requirement to do so in any other mission in the original campaign, but it would have been nice to know.

11. Psac42

Psac42 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2011
    In general the Ava boards have been REALLY hard, almost to the point of unenjoyable. But I can see how you could enjoy the challenge!

12. EdF

EdF New Member

Dec 2, 2017
    #172 EdF, Dec 2, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
    Anyone find all the "Spare Parts" in Mission 11, the Exorcism? I seem to be missing a "Weapons Part" and the walk through video on YouTube seems to be missing one too. I'm 3/4 and at 88% of the mission, and 19/20 on Weapons Parts and 20/20 on Drone Parts.

UPDATE: NEVERMIND, found it.

13. Psac42

Psac42 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2011
    Bonus Ava mission added and completed. Really ended up enjoying the Ava missions in the end. Except the stun-only one. Gave up on that one! :)

14. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    I just bough SM2 2 days ago. I haven’t bought Ava’s pack yet. I was gonna wait until I beat the main game first. But I kinda want to try them now. So my question is if I play Ava’s missions while only around mission 10 in the main game will ruin later plot points of the story? Or will it make me wait until I beat it to play her missions anyways? Or are they separate with their own stories and there’s no worry of spoilers?

15. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    You can safely buy the Ava campaign - it is completely separate. By mission 10 you would’ve been completely acquainted with the take down mechanic. The dynamic is completely different. The focus is not on directly killing the enemy with a weapon but on incapacitating or avoiding them(mostly). You use your tools to push the enemies into the water for example or electrocuting them. I loved the expansion.

16. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    Nice. My main play style is to snipe with a crossbow and use that taser gun that stuns em and do take downs. The only time I really switch it up is with bosses. I use a lot of flashbangs for those really big guys with lots of health and unload crossbow bolts into their backs for ambush damage. Lol but I get what you’re sayin how it plays different I’ll buy and try ^_^

17. Verse

Verse Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2017
    #177 Verse, Jan 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
    I just got to mission 8, and I'm liking it so far. I plan on 100%'into it, as that's really the only way to play this game. Otherwise it'd be very short, I think.

To that end, I'm wondering about the Ava expansion. How many missions are added, and how long does it take to both run through it, and 100% it?

I don't mind paying ~$4 for it, if it's a decent amount of content, but not so much if it's like 4-5 missions.

**Update: I just found out the number of missions is 10, according to a press release on the developers website. I guess there's also a couple of bonus missions if I got that right, so 12'ish missions? Kind of a shame we have to pay a dollar more just because we're in Europe, but I'm not sure if it's just apple or the developer who decided this. Regardless though, I'll probably end up buying it.

18. dukat111

dukat111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    Picked up Space Marshals 2 today.
    Looks like a great game but I'm disappointed it doesn't support the 2018 12.9" iPad Pro screen res.
    It runs in a smaller window with black borders on all 4 sides.

My understanding from other game developer posts is updating the game to support the newest iPad sizes is as easy as recompiling the in xcode.

19. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I get your frustration but I also get why some devs don’t always update. The games quite old and might sell minimal copies a month

Unless it was selling tons I can see why they haven’t updated. Shame as both space marshals I and II are great