Universal Space Marshals 2 (by Pixelbite)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Aug 24, 2016.

1. phred

phred Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    How do you get the coin on the train?

On the train level, there's a car with those laser tripwires. If you touch them poisonous gas comes out, and the door to the room where the coin is closes. I spent 2 hours yesterday trying to get into that room and failed miserably. Is there a trick to this?

2. Squizzle535

Squizzle535 Active Member

Feb 24, 2016
    Earth. Probably.
    Here's a quick tip for how to get past lasers WAY easier: Personal Teleportation Grenade (can't remember exact name). It makes getting past laser traps a breeze. I think you get it from the vending machine.

3. phred

phred Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    AHA! Thanks so much. Trying to run between those two narrow beams was driving me crazy!

4. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Got it! UDAMAN!

5. DanF

DanF Member

May 25, 2012
    SF Bay Area
    Favorite arsenals?

I loved SM1, and SM2 is a fantastic follow-up. I like that there are no timed missions, though it does take some of the challenge out of the game (though there are bigger challenges in other areas). As a few people have noted, some of the missions are tough to complete in one pass early on, but if you're having trouble, go back and re-complete some of the earlier missions to get better equipment. And don't forget to use your tokens to buy items at the vending machine in camp -- you can unlock some powerful gear that way.

I finished the game (all items, etc.) over the weekend. Out of curiosity, once you have all the items, what's your favorite setup? Mine, right now:

Pistol: Armach Incendiary
    Rifle: Diopt Energizer
    Grenade 1: Security Drone
    Grenade 2: Plasma Grenade
    Armor: Assault Armor
    Hat: Assault Helmet

Most of those are the "top" items, except for the grenade choices -- and I found that once I got the top armor, pistol, and rifle, I rarely used the grenades any more. (The Diopt is crazy powerful.)

FYI, my favs in SM1 were:

Pistol: Armach Tyst
    Rifle: Knoge Supersonic
    Grenade 1: Portable Turret
    Grenade 2: Plasma Mine
    Armor: Graywater Armor
    Hat: Graywater Helmet

6. DanF

DanF Member

May 25, 2012
    SF Bay Area
    Hidden room

Spoiler/mystery:

There's a hidden underground room in the main base camp. If you go all the way to the west end, outside the fence, then go south a bit, there's a ladder going down (use the map to find it). It seems to be just an empty room out in the middle of nowhere...

7. Squizzle535

Feb 24, 2016
    Earth. Probably.
    Pretty sure that's just used in a specific mission

8. DanF

DanF Member

May 25, 2012
    SF Bay Area
    Interesting. I've finished everything, but I never used it in a mission. Hmmm... <strokes chin>

9. Squizzle535

Feb 24, 2016
    Earth. Probably.
    I believe it's the mission where your base is overrun and you must rescue everyone (including pirates) from the prison. I think a Coin is down there, but it might be a hat.

10. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    None of the updates have remedied the iOS 10 beta issue. If you check back to the beginning of the thread I posted a couple quotes from the devs about the situation. It's a software issue that Apple is aware of. I'm sure Pixelbite will solve this within the release of iPhone 7 and/or iOS 10 Gold release or full release.

11. Tikanderoga

Tikanderoga Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    IT Sys Admin
    Lismore
    Found it. Thanks mate.

12. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Can someone help me find the last coin in Master Gunner? This is the only level where I'm missing a star. (Maybe the only way to resolve this is to as for all three locations?) I've played Level 6 four times and I can't find the last coin.

Also, the icons at the start of the level at the top left corner: what does the triangular icon and the chest represent? The middle is the number of coins. My guess is the chest represents all the loot we win/choose from at the end of the game depending on the number of stars we acquire.

13. Squizzle535

Feb 24, 2016
    Earth. Probably.
    Triangles are your stars, chests are loot acquired in that level, coins are coins

14. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    I've got every single coin except one from that level. I've been through it multiple times as well.
    1) in a crevice southeast of the auto guns
    2) I think the second coin was at the end of the stage, but I can't remember for sure.
    3) does it exist? Is here a bug?

15. articulate

articulate Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    So I replied to this earlier, and Tikanderoga quoted and replied to it.

I don't recall where the first coin was but the other 2 coins are as follows, and no it's not a bug. I have all the coins in the game.
    The first coin may be in a house or one of the "cells", it's easy enough to spot is what I remembered.
    That crevice southeast of the guns like you mentioned
    In the "second" area, after you emerge from the well. In between the escape gate and where the "B" key is. There's a thin path north between the cactus and tree.

16. Squizzle535

Feb 24, 2016
    Earth. Probably.
    image.jpg
    I 100%ed the game (except maybe hats, there's no way to tell, and a few achievements) so there's no bug. It's possible. Tip for finding hats + coins: look for the circle. The hat and coin drops are the only drops that have a circle around them that can be seen through walls and in the dark.

17. mckaystites

mckaystites Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Derek Zoolander School For kids Who Want To Do Thi
    The level won't show 100% until you have all the hats as well. I've tested this. And can confirm its true.

18. Squizzle535

Feb 24, 2016
    Earth. Probably.
    Thank, good to know. In that case I got 100% of the hats.

19. Squizzle535

Feb 24, 2016
    Earth. Probably.
    Anyone found any disguises? Were they removed?

20. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Tricky—thank you!!!