Universal Space Madness (by Naquatic) - A game of chicken... with monkeys... in space

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Naquatic, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Naquatic

Naquatic Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    May I ask what device you're on? And could you please elaborate a bit? We tested further and it feels okay to us, so we'd love to hear your idea for improvement.

2. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Very well then, I've made a crew for it.
    Let the meta games begin.

My group-

Toucharcade Dark:

JEKAR447

BLACK BADGERS DOMINATE!

"We get it. You love spontaneity, disorder, anarchy. You want APE to go bankrupt. We're here to help with that. Wear this black badge, and destroy the ships as they come and go. But just blowing em up isn't good enough. You need to hit em, and hard. A black badger always try to take away at least 3 diamonds. That'll show APE and make them feel the loss with each ship.

Come on and join up, there is a plethora of worlds to watch burn."

OFFICIAL BADGE DESIGN:

Attached Files:

3. DLark

DLark Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2014
    I am having the same problem with the touch control.

iPhone 6 Plus
    ios 10.0.2

4. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    Hey DLark! Would you mind describing it in a bit more detail? Alternatively, PMing a video might help as well if you have a second device to film the action with.

5. DLark

DLark Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2014
    Looking around using swipe control some how make the movement skipping frame/lag (like what you experience is fps lol). And sometimes swipe is not recognize. I cannot record a video right now, sorry.

Another issue. I am facing a lot of game drop after match making. The game just go back to dock after failed to start a game.

6. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    That's so odd...a video would help a ton if you get a chance. I assume the game itself isn't low FPS since your device is more than capable enough.

The game drop is a known bug, we're scrambling to fix it right now and will be submitting an update before the night is over. As a workaround, if you have this happen to you, exiting and reopening the app will help reduce the chances of it happening again.

7. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    what does that mean exactly? like a few hours after iOS or days/weeks "shortly"?

8. Ivica

Ivica Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2015
    Can someone help me, so whats the point in pressing the red button? Isnt it better to finish the mission and evereyone gets gems and an artifact?

And its really hard to find a game :/

9. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    Days. I'll have a timeframe for you tomorrow!

You press the button if you think someone else is going to press it first.

Matchmaking is tight right now because it just launched a few hours ago. The servers will be much more populated soon :)

10. DLark

DLark Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2014
    I'm in the queue and I don't press the button ^^

11. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    I'll jump in in a few minutes if you're still around!

12. DLark

DLark Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2014
    I assume the double sided arrow is the icon for total distance travel. How about the combat icon? What does that mean? Both are measured in LY

13. rich1574

rich1574 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2015
    I think you have a problem with your servers. Just tried it with my brother - both launched and couldn't find any other players. As it stands about to delete this

14. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    That's for the crew wars. It resets at the end of each week, at which point the crews with the most lightyears earns prizes. The double sided arrow is your career distance total.

15. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    #55 Naquatic, Dec 1, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
    We use Apple's Game Center servers. The game launched a few hours ago and it's currently past midnight in the US, so there is a very limited matchmaking pool.

16. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    Alright, the first update has been submitted with the following. Thanks to everyone for your help in tracking these down!

Added:
    - Custom chat
    - Names displayed above players’ heads

Fixed:
    - Matches not beginning properly. Not foolproof just yet, but should fix 99% of cases. We’ll continue tightening this up in the next update.
    - Badge drawing buttons showing all white instead of displaying active colors
    - Swipe control jitter
    - Joining bottom two crews on Join Crew menu selects incorrect crew
    - Crew kick button alignment

17. ludka33

ludka33 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2013
    I must be doing something wrong. It says I need to sign in to gamecenter, but when I check my gamecenter app in my settings, it shows me as signed in. Help?

18. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    Someone else had a similar issue earlier, and realized he wasn't able to sign into Game Center in any games. Please make sure you see the Game Center sign in banner when you launch Space Madness. If not, try it with another Game Center app to see if it's us, or if it's on your end :)

19. ludka33

ludka33 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2013
    That was the problem! It was the ios update. I needed to log out of game center and log back in. Working now!

Thanks!

20. Ivica

Ivica Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2015
    Still most of the time i cant find a game... lame

And i see you increased the prices of the stun guns