Universal Space Legend : Battle for Eternity (by Novarama)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by SpaceLegend, Nov 18, 2016.

1. scape211

scape211 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    Graphic Designer
    Good to know! I recently tried the entry level heavy combat ship (Claymore) and thought it seemed a bit weak; almost similar in level to the medium combat Banshee. Sure its entry level, but I figured since it cost premium currency and was in the heavy circuit it would pack more punch. Either way, Ill definitely try it out some more after the update. Im on iOS so I hope thats soon! currently the game says I need to update, but it hasnt shown up on the app store yet in my region....so im just twiddling my thumbs....

2. hellscaretaker

hellscaretaker Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    Im a youtube gamer/streamer
    I'm hoping they fixed the router problem that blocks acesss

3. Xandrak

Xandrak Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2013
    The game now crashes on the loading splash screen thanks to the new update. iPhone 7 and recent iOS.

4. SpaceLegend

SpaceLegend Well-Known Member

Xandrak, please make sure the latest latest ios version is installed, we're hearing reports with less than recent ios builds causing trouble. Can you confirm if it did work?

5. Xandrak

Apr 10, 2013
    I'm using 10.1.1 and it crashes on the splash screen

6. SpaceLegend

We have queued a fixed build at Apple, should take one day to clear, two worst case. Please tell us your username so we can check from our servers all is fine, and send you a small gift for the inconvenience. Sorry for the trouble!

7. Xandrak

Apr 10, 2013
    My IGN is also Xandrak. I should be towards the top of the leaderboard. I will look for the new update.

8. SpaceLegend

For anyone suffering the same fate as Xandrak, we have a memory issue affecting players with lots of ships in lots of fleets. We will issue a new version hopefully tomorrow. Sorry for the inconvenience! For some users updating to the latest IOS version seems to fix it.

9. Xandrak

Apr 10, 2013
    I have 50 ships across 5 fleets so that could be

10. hellscaretaker

hellscaretaker Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    Im a youtube gamer/streamer
    the still refuses run with it crashing back to the phone screen if i use my router so this bug has not been fixed with the latest build that you guys have done...not heard back from support either

11. SpaceLegend

hellscaretaker, we're sorry to hear that, with Update#3 we solved a good number of issues, and thought yours had been addressed as well. Obviously, it is not the case.
    Just to better understand the problem, if you disable the router/the WiFi on the phone the game runs fine on 4G/GSM, but if you use your router, it still crashes, correct?
    If this is still the case, send us again your router model (brand and model) so we try to see what can be causing it.
    Apologies again for the inconvenience,

12. SpaceLegend

Xandrak, please download the new version from the app store (date should say Dec 10th). This one should work fine. If you can do us a favour, and let us know if it solved your problems, we would really appreciate that.

13. Xandrak

Apr 10, 2013
    I am now able to log in again. Unfortunately I was attacked during the past few days and so see that the repair times are now much longer. Am I supposed to look for the stars (or whatever) you said you'd send in mail or something?

The app did crash upon landing one of my ships...

14. Jortago

Jortago New Member

Nov 19, 2016
    quests

Hi
    I have been playing a while, and I'm still unable to complete the following quests:
    - Passenger Load II: Take 12 passengers on board at the same time -> But I have ships that can board 19 passengers at the same time!!
    - System Explorer: Visit 10 different systems. This has never moved, and I have visited almost all the systems.
    - Card Player: Use at least 4 cards during the same combat: I´m limited to 3 cads. Is there any way to upgrade it?
    I'm having so much fun with the game, thanks.

15. SpaceLegend

Jortago,
    Well mentioned. We will look into these quests Monday, from the looks of it something is clearly wrong.
    Best regards,

16. SpaceLegend

Xandrak,
    We will send you a package of stars on Monday for the inconvenience of the game not booting for the last 2 days. Of course with the update we have re-balanced some ships, that's why repair times may have changed for some of them.
    By the way, Monday we will start our ship offer program: every week different ships will be on "heavy rotation" so you'll be able to purchase them at a lower cost. Keep an eye peeled for that! Which ships would you suggest we start with?

17. BowWowWow

BowWowWow New Member

Nov 18, 2016
    I've updated to the last version, good work. I have a few questions:

- I've seen the new attack interface (red warning signs/you're under attack). I can't find the revenge dialog though... where is it?
    - In terms of ship and product locations, has anything changed? Can I still go to Kimberly to buy diamonds or have u guys shuffled anything around?
    - I do see some ships are much more expensive... why is that?

Good update... can't put it down really.

18. dan_thompson

dan_thompson Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2016
    Ok Pretty fun game all in all, first time I've felt making an iap in this sort of game has been kind of worth it.

My only 2 gripes - repair times are pretty steep! I actually don't mind longish timers because they let me step away from the game but like 25 minutes because 1 ship died makes me not want to fight so much, which sucks because the combat is a fun gamble.

Gripe 2 - the game regularly crashing after watching adverts to speed things up. I hate adverts so to have one chew up my bandwidth and then not deliver the speed up really rustles my space jimmys.

Other than that it's been entertaining!

19. SpaceLegend

BowWowWow,

- The revenge icon is on the Galaxy View, it's the chat-like icon on your right hand side. This will list your battles and, if you can claim revenge, give you a revenge button. You can revenge from those combats where the other player attacked you.

- No ship or product location has changed, so yes, Diamonds are still found in Kimberly.

- We found out players were over-using ships that provided unfair value for money (Banshee, Spider, Atlas 6000 mainly), and re-balanced those.

Have fun, see you in Space!

20. SpaceLegend

Dan Thompson,

Thank you for the kind words, we'll pass them on to the dev team.

Repair times range from 2 minutes to 2 hours for the biggest fleet. Of course if you wait, fleets self-repair for free. But let's assume you want to play NOW. To be clear, think of it in real money terms: repairing a fleet for 25 minutes costs 25 cents of a dollar. Not a big deal, now that we put it that way, right? When we went to the arcade salon and put 25 cents to play a game, it sounded reasonable. Problem is, in the F2P world, everything seems expensive when it's not.
    I mean, we don't want to use dodgy F2P mechanics: our IAPs try to be fair and clear. With the smallest IAP, which is 5 USD, you could repair a fleet like that twenty times. Or, as usual, wait and it's free. We've thought long and hard about this, and feel the game offers great value, but of course we need to make some money in an honest, transparent manner.

The thing about the ads you mention is indeed annoying. Can you see if there's any provider logo on the screen when the ad crashes? Names like Tapjoy, Vungle or Chartboost? Ads, needless to say, are meant to speed things up, not crash the game, and we'll promptly look into it.

See u in Space Legend!