iPhone Space Hulk - (by Full Control Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Larni

Larni Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    @Ajso.

Any thoughts on the inability to load saved games?

Thanks in advance.

2. Ajso

Ajso Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Community Manager at Full Control Ap
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    #162 Ajso, Dec 6, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
    Haven't had any reports, but after talking to the coders the say that it can happen if you don't have enough memory for a save game...but I wouldn't think that's an issue on an Air..unless you run A LOT of other apps at the same time.

3. Kotovsky

Kotovsky Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    That's lame. It would be more interesting, if new skins would add in to the mix, or skins differs from mission to mission.

4. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Now that would be cool, I haven't bought the skins because I thought they'd be pointless but if there was an option to use all of the skins to make the genestealers randomly painted in the missions that would be cool and I'd buy them then.

5. PCKid

PCKid Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Game Player
    Western Australia
    Is there anyone who has the skins can tell us what they do. Also finished first three and onto the Suicide Mission (aptly named) but the now the Genestealers take ages to take their turn. I have an iPad Air. So speed shouldn't be an issue.

6. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Wow just finished mission 5 decoy managed to get 8 guys out :D

Don't know about anyone else but I've turned off the shoulder cam and the dynamic action camera I prefer seeing it from the same view all the time and the action cam was stopping you see the rolls as they happen.

One thing about the banner customisation, for me everything is locked except poles and boarders, how do we get to customise the rest? They all have a lock on them.:confused:

Screen shot of my mission5 decoy complete screen. :D

Attached Files:

7. lilgac

lilgac Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2013
    Read comments before on the time issue, this a bug or intentional ?
    need to turn off shoulder cam etc ?

8. Ajso

Ajso Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Skins can be changed for the genestealers in the main menu options...Waiting time can be a bit long....I've poked the coder and he said that it may be possible to optimize

9. Ajso

Ajso Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Copenhagen, Denmark

Maybe, but that would also mean that the device would need to load X number of SKin packs for a game putting a bigger strain on levels/memory

10. lilgac

lilgac Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2013
    Anyone can confirm if genestealer turn taking long time is a norm? Is it a speed issue, or a game choice . How long was the wait? Thanks!

11. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    There no wait for me when the genestealers take their turn, iPad4.
    There's a pause after they take their turn before it switches back to your turn but it's only a second or two nothing huge.

12. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    On my iPad Air the genestealer turn is pretty fast...BUT when they end up moving it sits there 'thinking' for a while before the UI reappears.
    I can't understand if it's simply a bug or the AI is thinking about something (deployment?)....but it's weird because it happens only at the end of its turn.

13. lilgac

lilgac Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2013

Thanks!!
    I guess the "wait" after their turn may be due to cos it's a port.. or maybe like the dev said, possible for some optimization for iPad

It's my first intro to space hulk (or any other warhammer stuff) so far it's really cool. Though I like to have ability to equip my units, see some continuity elements for units. Something like battletech stuff, belonging to a certain clan and such .( or am I totally wrong abt the nature of space hulk game? Oops)

14. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    On my (rebooted) Air it takes several seconds before the UI reappears (even 6-7 seconds). I just can pan around the map.
    It's pretty annoying, but no deal breaker.

Just got a nasty crash while taking my turn in our mp game....lost my sp mid mission save....damn.
    They can surely optimize the game bit more, but so far I'm having a total blast nonetheless.

15. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    I can confirm the same several second stalls as everyone else, iPad air here also. It's kind of bad really.

16. Kotovsky

Kotovsky Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    If you choose one skin pack randomly before level loading or load skin pack depending on campaign played, it'll put the same strain on memory. This can be done manually by player now, I suggest you to make an automatic solution.

17. lilgac

lilgac Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2013
    If ipad air stalls say 6 sec, guess those with lower specs like ipad 4 of mine and below will be worse off..
    Hope optimization can help in due time

18. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    To be honest, I do not know if it's a bug on the new hardware (Warhammer Quest suffered a similar 'slow motion' bug when the Air was out, promptly patched) or the game really is thinking about something like deployment or preparing next turn or something like that (if on iPad 4 it takes just 2 seconds, it's a bug).
    The game doesn't freeze...you can do everything (i.e.: panning around, zooming) BUT issue commands to your terminators.

I guess the only ones who can answer are the devs.

I know it's annoying but I am having so much fun with everything else I am already looking at those iap campaigns.
    If they support this 'Warhammer Quest' style, as I've said before, I can directly just send my credit card to Games Workshop.

19. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Ike I said before I don't get any pause when the genestealers take their turn only a second if two between their turn and yours. iPad4 here. Nothing like what people with the air are saying.

@pitta that's a pain about losing mid save progress, I'll go take my turn now.

20. Larni

Larni Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    I found that doing the usual ipad hygiene greatly reduced the lag between enemy move and the interface comming back to something bearly noticeable.

And I was able to save my game. Although the redo turn button sometimes greys out which is annoying.

Apart from that, great game.

Ipad Air.