iPhone Space Hulk - (by Full Control Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Poo

Poo Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2013
    What about ipad mini with retina?

2. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    I would assume it is silky smooth as on the iPad Air, as they share everything but 100Mhz frequency in the A7.

3. FivepastTA

FivepastTA Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2012
    #123 FivepastTA, Dec 5, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
    The UI could do with being a bit bigger. The buttons have tool tips when you press them but you wouldn't know it because being in the tiniest font imaginable they're completely obscured by your finger! Likewise the shoulder cam is a bit too small to be of any real value.

One other thing irritating me: leftover references to mouse and keyboard inputs.

4. mstacheef

mstacheef Well-Known Member

May 2, 2013
    Will there be a version for the iphone? Don't have an iPad but really want this game

5. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    I was wondering it too.
    The game would really shine on iPhone, especially in multiplayer.

6. mstacheef

mstacheef Well-Known Member

May 2, 2013
    Yeah. And it's funny that the screenshots in the description say they're from an iphone

7. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    LOL didn't notice.
    I hope in a universal update.
    After seeing WHQ (here there is no text even), XCOM or impossible tasks as Battle if the Bulge...I know it can be done.

8. adamphetamine

adamphetamine Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Programmer/3D Modeling
    Bethlehem, Pa
    Works amazing on my ipad mini, 1st gen. Awesome game and a lot of fun. Going to get into multiplayer this weekend.

9. soldat7

soldat7 Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2011
    iPad 3 shoulder cam and performance?

10. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    I have the PC version where you can see the shoulder cam just fine, and I turned it off after a while because I would rather see all of the screen. Plus, if you turn up the animation speed so that the game is no longer annoyingly slow, the action in the shoulder cam goes so fast you might as well not even have it. Not to mention, the stuff you would really want to see on the cam, the kills, goes into a separate cutscene anyway and you don't even get to see it on the cam.

Doubt it, but you never know. I guess it depends on whether or not they want to spend the resources to redesign the interface.

11. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    #131 Duke12, Dec 5, 2013
    Theres no such thing, least couldnt find one. Or optionally read page 8 of this very thread.

12. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    I have a question about the missions:are the Genestealers always at the same position when you replay a mission?What i mean is,how is the replay value after you finished all missions? :)

Will it quickly become repetitive?

I really like the look and the (isometric)view/athmosphere.But i wasn't a great fan of Warhammer quest on iOS.Although i love Xcom,BoB,DoM,BA,B&C,Hunters etc...

13. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    #133 oooooomonkey, Dec 5, 2013
    I'm pretty sure the genestealers are random, but on top of that you have the dice rolls which makes things especially tense and random, I've just played the first suicide mission again and got absolutely swamped by genestealers because one guys gun jammed and then he got taken out by a genestealer from behind and let all his friends through, after that they just ripped my team apart from behind :eek:

I just had a bug, started an online game I chose the genestealers and the other guy placed his terminators then when it got to my turn I couldn't do anything, couldn't place anything, couldn't move anything, the only ui buttons that worked were the set in the bottom right corner so I could look at the map and quit.
    Back to single player for now anyway I've got traps to set and space hulks to cleanse.
    "For the emperor!"

We really need some iPad wallpapers for space hulk too :D

14. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Restarted the game, now I have the 3 prequel missions (tutorial) avaible.

Having a BLAST playing this, can't stop.
    Maybe I'm just old and I love these kind of old school turn based games, dunno...I do not know what many PC reviews were talking about.

Nice touch, the main screen reacts when you tilt the iPad.
    I've noticed you can't add friends with the nickname, you must use email.

Back in the lonelyness of the Space Hulk.

15. tarek

tarek Active Member

Nov 12, 2012
    So what is the estimated length of the gameplay?

3 tutorials
    12 missions
    Plus DLC

Sounds like a good lengthy single player game. I'm currently playing Phoenix Wright which estimates having about 45+ hours of content. I recently finished xcom which again was a nice lengthy game. Space Hulk looks like a good lengthy game with missions plus DLC. So can anyone confirm this?

16. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Well the first couple of missions took me about 10mins then missions three and four took closer to 20mins I think,
    The missions seem to be getting bigger as you go, so it looks like there's plenty of gameplay, put that with the luck of the dice as to if you'll even finish the mission and that adds more time :D
    I bought the extra missions too and I'm only four missions done of the damnation campaign :rolleyes:
    I'm not getting tired of the terminators voices :D
    Seriously loving this game, might be my GOTY

17. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    @oooooomonkey:

thanks for your impressions,one more question:how long is a mission roundabout and can you save in a mission?Oops,sorry.Two questions :D

18. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    #138 oooooomonkey, Dec 5, 2013
    I'd say 10mins + for the missions. And yes you can save mid missions.
    Edit.
    To add to this I've just been playing mission 5 decoy and was 33minutes in, about another 2 or 3 turns from winning and Bam! Gun jam and weapon malfunction another guy dies mission failure. :eek:
    So yes there's plenty of play time here :D

19. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    I thought they said this was coming to iPhone too :(

Is it still coming out to iPhone? Hope so as I loved the board games

20. Larni

Larni Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Does anyone else have a problem loading a previously saved game? I can see the saved game but when I press 'load' nothing happens.

On an ipad air.

Thanks in advance.