iPhone Space Hulk - (by Full Control Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Ajso

Ajso Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Community Manager at Full Control Ap
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Glad you found a solution and that 1.3.2 helps run the game. For best experience you should close down apps you have running (possibly reset)

2. Ajso

Ajso Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Community Manager at Full Control Ap
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    We're not planning for an army painter at this point..there are are certain limitations...Chaos Marines...unlikely :p

3. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Do you have any official iPad wallpapers that you guys have made for my lock screen :D it would be much appreciated.

4. tarasis

tarasis Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Finally bought the iOS version. Had the PC version already. No dropping the price before the 21st!

Looking forward to playing on my lap and not having my 2009 MacBook Pro's fan screaming and ever heating my lap!

5. lilgac

lilgac Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2013
    Checking out others forums , I'm not the only one experiencing slowness even after patch . Never have this probm in xcom if comparing. Playing the alarm call mission is a drag, the rotating circle when GS turn is long. Sluggish performance.

Fun initially but now frustrating over this game lag issues here and there.

The "reboot" ans is also laughable. Reboot everytime you want to start space hulk?

Don't believe space hulk is much more memory/ performance intensive than other notable releases.

6. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Which forums are you talking about? I haven't seen any...

7. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    You can also use a tool like cMemory (free) to free up ram after closing all apps from the taskmanager.

8. Larni

Larni Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Do you mean the PC version? A reboot for an ipad takes about 7 seconds.

9. Power Gamer

Power Gamer Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    What iPad are you talking about? My iPad 4 takes more than 20 seconds for booting. It also takes some time to shut it down first. You cannot say this is peanuts.

10. Larni

Larni Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    You're correct. I was thinking of a soft reset. My bad.

11. tarasis

Jun 20, 2011
    I was experiencing slowness yesterday. It was fine when I was originally playing mission 2 of sins of damnation(?) then I saved it about 20 minutes in and reloaded it yesterday and finished it in 25 minutes with the GS moves getting slower & slower on my iPad 4

12. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Sorry to hear other still have some problems.

Myself, since the expansion, had nothing but awesomeness.

I'm at the last main campaign mission, but I played mostly multiple concurrent async games (many with PC friends).

Cross platform ROCKS.

Can't wait for the universal built...my production levels will see new lows.

13. Kotovsky

Kotovsky Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    #453 Kotovsky, Dec 23, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
    I've just played this game on my mini retina, and my eyes are broken. The text is too small for this screen.

Also would be nice to zoom in shoulder cams.

14. lilgac

lilgac Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2013
    Another problem ?
    I only login to game center halfway through the game. When I check the achievements, only one was registered which was for the mission I was playing when I log in to gc.
    Rest was not captured. even after completing sin of damnation, no achivements was log. Banner which I already did personalized that achievement was not log too.

Also, I realize after checking steam there's this probability to hit % when you hover over GS. For iOS, it's impossible to see as your finger will be over GS. Many text hidden by fingers. Port should have consider these issues.

15. Kotovsky

Kotovsky Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    After playing ten missions I can finalize my thoughts. The main problem of SH that devs made it too true to tabletop original. The game isn't evolving, first and last missions required the same tactics. The terminators and enemies are the same all the way. That is really sad. Maybe SH 2 will have meta game like in WHQ and unit leveling.

16. Kirenx

Kirenx Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2012
    There definitely is truth to this. The original game mechanics are dated and it shows. It's fun for a bit, but basically it comes down to fairly obvious positioning and overwatch. The developers had talked on the Steam forums about plans to evolve the game a bit with mutations, but how much that will help and if it actually comes to pass remains to be seen.

17. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    But if the developer intends to change Space Hulk that radically, why pay Games Workshop licensing for the IP? Just make their own version, call it Hunters Hulk and be done with it.

iPadRecallsTheArcadeVersionsOfSpaceHulkDidn'tDoWellSomePeopleNeverLearn...

18. Kirenx

Kirenx Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2012
    It's not that radical of a change though, more like variations of genestealers on what likely would be specific maps. I know they already confirmed that they are not aloud to do anything beyond that, so no other Tyranids or other enemies from the Warhammer 40K universe. The downside to that is that any game limited to a single monster type really needs some notable alterations to stay fresh. Why we can't see the mechanics go beyond the basic Space Hulk system is beyond me, but apparently GW is pretty uptight about it.

19. lilgac

lilgac Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2013
    Another bad bug which they suppose to resolve in 1.03 version? Maybe only in PC version.

Played a mission in hard difficulty. Completed, go Menu, select another mission, difficulty level shown in missions overview is default as hard. Game start, mission instead is normal difficulty level. I have to go back, select normal then hard again for the mission I want to play in hard.

Testing QA is poor.

Can't post in steam. Hope they take interest in TA.

20. tarasis

Jun 20, 2011
    OMG. just played Decoy in Sins of Damnation and had my heart in my mouth for the last 4-5 turns as my last SM tried to make it out alive surrounded by Genestealers. I already had 4 out but due to hitting End Turn rather than Undo after I had only set up one of four Space Marines, 3 basically got slaughtered.

Thankfull after 74 minutes, 21 turns and 73 kills 6 of my 10 Space Marines survived.

The next pic I wanted to add but can't has 4 GS right next to that poor Marine.

Attached Files: